Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PS3... (FINALLY!) « previous next »
Page: 1

« : April 30, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »

It was a glorious day the other day when I got a ps3. It is about time and I have to say I love it! It works well with HDTV and the wireless internet, interface is pretty awesome as well. Nice to have the high def dvd player built in to.
So far from what I noticed not to many games looked appealing to me, I got virtual fighter 5 which is really fun and also f.e.a.r. i wasn't sure on getting madden yet till the 08 comes out. I know a lot of great games will be coming but after seeing the X-Box 360 and now the ps3 I have to say these next gen systems are just amazing!

EB Games has a deal if you trade in the ps2 they take $100 off of the ps3 60gig version. they said aren't making the 20 gig versions anymore and will be going to an 80 gig eventually. i just hope they do reduce the prices.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 30, 2007, 08:18:05 PM »

80 gig? 60 gig is enough. Orion- did you  download the demos at the ps3 store? One thing that pisses me off is the updating the system. It took 5 hours exactly just to update the system, during those 5 hours I just watched the playoffs. Its pretty dam easy to get setup online and everything. The ps2 online stuff was complicated buying the disk and attachment. I never go to EB games to get my stuff,(bestbuy). I may get a game there once and a while there but I get Madden every year from bestbuy. Im defintely getting Grand Theft Auto IV for the 3, I can't wait till that comes out.!! One thing I need to do is turn in madden 07 for ps2 and add some credit for the new '08 one for the ps3.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

samsdad

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 30, 2007, 11:42:21 PM »

good orion ...im happy for ya....Im a fan of the other system.....360 and not a huge fan of the ps3 but if your happy with it ..im happy for you.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

« #3 : May 01, 2007, 01:29:00 AM »

I'll wait until the 3 is sold for under $200 then I'll buy it. ;)

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

« #4 : May 01, 2007, 01:29:21 AM »

good for you though!!! ;) ;)

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 01, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »

I am feel the same way Orion. Between the BD player and WiFi, I'm totally happy but they need to produce more games. I have R-FOM and Tiger '07 and that's it.

Also enjoy playing the Gran Tourismo HD concept in beautiful 1080p.

I'm waiting inpatiently for MLB 07 The Show and Rainbow Six Vegas.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 01, 2007, 12:17:26 PM »

The lack of games is the biggest thing holding me back right now.  Since I *do* have a tv capable of 1080p and would like to be able to watch movies in high-def, the extra cost over a 360 is arguably worth it to me.  But the 360's game lineup just seems a whole lot more appealing to me at this point.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

« #7 : May 01, 2007, 12:44:03 PM »

I want redient evil 5!!! oh and have you guys tried playing a msic cd and pressing square???  if not I wont ruin it for you :)

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 02, 2007, 12:07:13 AM »

I want redient evil 5!!! oh and have you guys tried playing a msic cd and pressing square??? if not I wont ruin it for you :)

Uhhh...no...go ahead ruin it for me...I have over 5,000 songs and I've never hit square...tell me, what does it do?

Dude....IF your talking about the Visualization your a F.a.g.. sorry!

Iyas

Rookie

« #9 : May 02, 2007, 01:03:09 AM »

The lack of games is the biggest thing holding me back right now. Since I *do* have a tv capable of 1080p and would like to be able to watch movies in high-def, the extra cost over a 360 is arguably worth it to me. But the 360's game lineup just seems a whole lot more appealing to me at this point.
I rent a blueray dvd from netflix and It's worth it!!

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 02, 2007, 01:07:22 AM »

The lack of games is the biggest thing holding me back right now. Since I *do* have a tv capable of 1080p and would like to be able to watch movies in high-def, the extra cost over a 360 is arguably worth it to me. But the 360's game lineup just seems a whole lot more appealing to me at this point.
I rent a blueray dvd from netflix and It's worth it!!

I just baught the new Bond movie and the Will Smith father son chick flick on BD and to be honest, I HATE the letterbox.

I think it's the worst thing ever they can do with these freakin' movies. 80% of my screen for $30 to $40 a movie?

They must be joking. However the picture is phenominal.

« #11 : May 02, 2007, 12:09:53 PM »

even with some of the hi-def channels you'll get a black border around the picture sometimes on the sides and the picture doesn't fill up the screen. a lot of that i think is the cable service or channel signal and how it works with your hd tuner. i had that problem with brighthouse and their hd channels. i got verizon fios and don't seem to have this issue.

i haven't watched any bluray dvds yet on the ps3 so can't comment on that yet.
but the ps3 i really enjoy, just can't wait for more games!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 02, 2007, 08:24:02 PM »

I tried downloading limewire(basic version) on the 3, and it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
« #13 : May 03, 2007, 11:39:47 AM »

I think of it as getting a free playstation 3 with the purchase of a blue-ray player. :P Hell I just bought my first PS2. I play mostly PC games.

samsdad

Hall of Famer

« #14 : May 03, 2007, 08:11:17 PM »

I tried downloading limewire(basic version) on the 3, and it wouldn't let me for some reason.

bang head against wall!!!!
please god tell me your kidding?

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PS3... (FINALLY!) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools