Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lawn question... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

escobar

Hall of Famer

« : April 30, 2007, 07:36:38 PM »

I just got done cutting the lawn and I've gotta say, I have never seen so many different kinds of weeds in my life. Did anyone else have that problem this year? My entire lawn is just full of all kinds of garbage that I've never seen before, and I've lived in this house for almost my entire life. Is there some kind of climate change I haven't heard about?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 30, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »

Just blame it on Global Warming. That seems to be the politically correct thing to do these days...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #2 : April 30, 2007, 08:47:23 PM »

Get Zoysia grass.  Problem solved.

« #3 : April 30, 2007, 08:52:37 PM »

I just got done cutting the lawn and I've gotta say, I have never seen so many different kinds of weeds in my life. Did anyone else have that problem this year? My entire lawn is just full of all kinds of garbage that I've never seen before, and I've lived in this house for almost my entire life. Is there some kind of climate change I haven't heard about?

yours can't be any worse than mine.... its crazy. And i just put in a new lawn a few years ago... 22 pallets. The weeds are outta control.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 30, 2007, 09:14:43 PM »

yours can't be any worse than mine.... its crazy. And i just put in a new lawn a few years ago... 22 pallets. The weeds are outta control.

Ha I think you need to see mine. It's outrageous. A month or two ago I actually went out and pulled each one by hand, I think it filled up two extra large garbage bags, I pulled them by hand because I believe if you just mow over them it spreads the seeds and they all just multiply. Well it looks as though they multiplied regardless, so this time I must mowed over the damn things. Watch in a month or two it looks like the everglades. Oh well.

« #5 : April 30, 2007, 09:21:31 PM »

Ha I think you need to see mine. It's outrageous. A month or two ago I actually went out and pulled each one hand by hand, I think it filled up two extra large garbage bags, I pulled them by hand because I believe if you just mow over them it spreads the seeds and they all just multiply. Well it looks as though they multiplied regardless, so this time I must mowed over the damn things. Watch in a month or two it looks like the everglades. Oh well.

it doesn't help if your neighbors just blow their crap onto your lawn, which is the case with me.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 30, 2007, 09:58:38 PM »

Do you use a lawn fertilizer service?

Mine seems OK, just the normal level.  My front yard doesn’t have a single weed, but the back has a few, which I treated yesterday.  I sacked the lawn service at the end of last year and my lawn is in much better shape this season.  I am doing two cuts a week to reduce the stress on the lawn, and it is responding really well.  The front lawn is so think/dense there is no room for weeds.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 30, 2007, 10:16:10 PM »

I just went for a run around the neighborhood and paid attention to the types of lawns that had the most/fewest weeds. My lawn is bahia, and it seems that lawns around my neighborhood with bahia had the most weeds. Which makes sense considering what MJS just pointed out. A denser lawn apparently "chokes" out the weeds, as those houses with St. Augistine had none whatsoever. Time to rip up the entire yard.

« #8 : April 30, 2007, 11:03:31 PM »

I just went for a run around the neighborhood and paid attention to the types of lawns that had the most/fewest weeds. My lawn is bahia, and it seems that lawns around my neighborhood with bahia had the most weeds. Which makes sense considering what MJS just pointed out. A denser lawn apparently "chokes" out the weeds, as those houses with St. Augistine had none whatsoever. Time to rip up the entire yard.

I've got st augustine my weeds come from my neighbor. All the crap that they have growing in their lawn has crept over to mine. I noticed it last year and tried to control it, this year, its 10x worse and now i'm getting it from my neighbor behind me.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 30, 2007, 11:29:09 PM »

I don't want to hear any complaining. A couple of weeks ago it snowed 4 inches here on my lawn! Five days later I was mowing my yard for the first time. I'll take weeds over 4 inches of snow in April anytime.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #10 : May 01, 2007, 12:00:48 AM »

This is odd, because my lawn has patches fo crab grass now, and it pisses me off.  It grows so damned fast, and the patches are everywhere!  I am calling Tru-Lawn 2-morrow, and they will be spraying the weeds down. 

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 01, 2007, 01:23:50 AM »

Boid that's another problem I'm having, crab grass. It's absolutely everywhere. Between the weeds (a million different kinds it seems), and the crab grass, the yard is looking awful. This is the first year it's ever been like this, and I have no clue why. It may sound funny, but I'm wondering if there is a new kind of bird or insect in the area that is dropping all of these seeds everywhere and spreading crap around that normally wouldn't get spread around. It's got to be something and I don't believe it's the weather.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 01, 2007, 02:03:33 PM »

you mean you used a lawn mower? Do you know what that does to our earth? I think those weeds grow from the fumes your evil lawn mower shoots out. Next time just go out there with scissors

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : May 01, 2007, 07:26:03 PM »

my lawn service kills the weeds with some chemicals and feeds at the same time.  Then they kill those fire ants which are usually everywhere and spray around the house.  then spray the lawn for cinch bugs ets.   we all have horrible skin diseases but our lawns aren't bad....lol  I have St. Augustine.

tonyflash

Starter

« #14 : May 01, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »

I have noticed a new type of weed growing in my St Augustine lawn the past two years. It has a small leaf and grows like a vine. I can't even find it on the websites for Florida Weeds. Weed and Feed does not seem to knock it out.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lawn question... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools