Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow....just wow....look at all the whiny grads bashers coming out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 29, 2006, 09:24:41 PM

Bruce has regressed the past couple weeks but he is a rookie and he has played some good defenses in Philadelphia and New York - the Bengals are not that good.  He is going to have his ups and downs but I still do not like him as our franchise guy as I just don't think he is tall enough and his arm strength is questionable.  He migh turn out to be very good but I just don't see this as a strength at this time.  He looks to Joey too much when he has other people open such as Alex Smith.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 29, 2006, 09:29:21 PM

Bruce has regressed the past couple weeks but he is a rookie and he has played some good defenses in Philadelphia and New York - the Bengals are not that good.  He is going to have his ups and downs but I still do not like him as our franchise guy as I just don't think he is tall enough and his arm strength is questionable.  He migh turn out to be very good but I just don't see this as a strength at this time.  He looks to Joey too much when he has other people open such as Alex Smith.

Griese and Simms both looked for Galloway all the time as well.  I don't think Grads actually regressed this week.  It was a road game against a strong pass rush and really bad weather.  One knock last week was the lack of deep ball but he hit Galloway for 43 (dropped), 27 (dropped), 25 (cancelled by a flag), and finally Clayton drops a 25-27 yard pass in the endzone.  Nothing up with the deep ball today.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#17 : October 29, 2006, 09:35:22 PM

Gradkowski does not make mistakes.  Bottom line.  No INT's, but our WR's have to help him out.  For the second straight week he doesn't throw a TD, but how can you blame that on him this week?  He also didn't throw a pick either game and that's huge for a stumbling offense.  Gradkowski is the future, and anyone who comes on here and bashes him obviously doesn't watch the games.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#18 : October 29, 2006, 09:36:40 PM

I'm always there to step up and defend any Gruden  from Haters in the house, but today I question Gruden's play calling. If either Scott or Jim or someone, who is an actual Coach, whether it be High School, Pee Wee or WHATEVER, can explain to me why Gruden OPTS on a 4TH & 1 to Pass rather than Feed a hungry ROY HALL OF FAMER Running Back?  PLEASE EXPLAIN!  That play among many others were baffeling and flat out IMO BAD!!!!

AS I said We lost to ourselves today.

I agree with Gradkowski being the only player who seemed to show up to win today but did not receive any back up from any other player.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 29, 2006, 11:47:27 PM

Considering that Clayton dropped a guaranteed TD and Galloway dropped not 1, but 2 huge plays... how can you blame Gradkowski?

Considering we ran...what... 8 freaking times and passed almost 50... how can you blame Gradkowski?

Considering the winds were 40mph and we freaking PASSED 50 GOD DAMN TIMES... how can you blame Gradkowski?

If you wanna blame 1 person, just 1... blame Gruden. That was some of the worst playcalling EVER. How can you pass THAT much, in that bad of weather, with a rookie qb, against a great pass rushing team? That's flat out pathetic.

Now if you can take off your "I'm a better coach than everyone" glasses and see the whole picture. You'd see it was Gruden, the WR's, our defense, and yes our qb that all cost us the game.

Stop blame Gradkowski. ANY qb outside of Peyton or Brady would have had a HORRIBLE game in these conditions when the defense KNOWS you aren't even ATTEMPTING to run. Considering he didn't throw 1 pick, he did pretty good under the circumstances.

Well said my old friend.   ;)

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 30, 2006, 12:07:37 AM

48 passing attempts with a rookie QB on the road is insane. In fact, I have to think it's up there close to the record for most passing attempts by a rookie in a 4 quarter game.

Well stated to the person that started this thread.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#21 : October 30, 2006, 12:09:10 AM

48 passes
0 completions over 10 yards

Let that isnk in for a moment.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 30, 2006, 12:13:33 AM

48 passes

Right -- because Eli was bombing the ball all over the place in those conditions too.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#23 : October 30, 2006, 12:20:06 AM

48 passes

Right -- because Eli was bombing the ball all over the place in those conditions too.

3-8-NYG45 (12:53) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to P.Burress to TB 44 for 11 yards (R.Barber, S.Quarles).
2-6-TB49 (7:40) E.Manning pass short right to P.Burress to TB 36 for 13 yards (J.Phillips).
2-9-TB23 (4:55) E.Manning pass short middle to V.Shiancoe to TB 10 for 13 yards (S.Quarles).
1-10-TB41 (11:53) E.Manning pass short right to A.Toomer to TB 29 for 12 yards (J.Bolden, D.Brooks). Penalty on TB-D.Brooks, Illegal Contact, declined.
1-10-TB28 (10:19) E.Manning pass deep left to P.Burress to TB 3 for 25 yards (W.Allen).
3-8-NYG47 (5:29) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to T.Barber to TB 43 for 10 yards (W.Allen).
2-12-TB35 (6:59) E.Manning pass short right to P.Burress to TB 22 for 13 yards (J.Phillips).

Do you know how many passes Bruce completed over 10 yards last week vs. Philly? 4.  Is that on the weather too?
How about vs. the Bengals? He had 5.

He can't stretch the field.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 30, 2006, 12:23:58 AM

The only "deep" pass that Eli threw was the one that hung up like a quacker that Plaxico had to adjust to and catch falling down. The rest were the same types of throws that Gradkowski was making.

Look, I don't deny, Grads hasn't looked great - he's a rookie. That's what rookies do: they look bad and confused a solid 90% of the time.

I ask again -- what on earth are you expecting from the kid?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#25 : October 30, 2006, 12:26:02 AM

The only "deep" pass that Eli threw was the one that hung up like a quacker that Plaxico had to adjust to and catch falling down. The rest were the same types of throws that Gradkowski was making.

Look, I don't deny, Grads hasn't looked great - he's a rookie. That's what rookies do: they look bad and confused a solid 90% of the time.

I ask again -- what on earth are you expecting from the kid?
Complete.
A.
Pass.
Over.
Yards.

Just 1? Please? Eli managed 7 on like 20 less passes.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#26 : October 30, 2006, 12:28:41 AM

48 passes

3-8-NYG45 (12:53) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to P.Burress to TB 44 for 11 yards (R.Barber, S.Quarles).
2-6-TB49 (7:40) E.Manning pass short right to P.Burress to TB 36 for 13 yards (J.Phillips).
2-9-TB23 (4:55) E.Manning pass short middle to V.Shiancoe to TB 10 for 13 yards (S.Quarles).
1-10-TB41 (11:53) E.Manning pass short right to A.Toomer to TB 29 for 12 yards (J.Bolden, D.Brooks). Penalty on TB-D.Brooks, Illegal Contact, declined.
1-10-TB28 (10:19) E.Manning pass deep left to P.Burress to TB 3 for 25 yards (W.Allen).
3-8-NYG47 (5:29) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to T.Barber to TB 43 for 10 yards (W.Allen).
2-12-TB35 (6:59) E.Manning pass short right to P.Burress to TB 22 for 13 yards (J.Phillips).

Do you know how many passes Bruce completed over 10 yards last week vs. Philly? 4.  Is that on the weather too?

Guess what he won the game-- Garrard passed for just 87 yards against the Eagles today and he has a cannon guess what he put 4 up over ten yards-- guess what he won the game.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#27 : October 30, 2006, 12:30:24 AM

48 passes

Do you know how many passes Bruce completed over 10 yards last week vs. Philly? 4.  Is that on the weather too?

Guess what he won the game-- Garrard passed for just 87 yards against the Eagles today and he has a cannon guess what he put 4 up over ten yards-- guess what he won the game.
He put up 4 passes over 10 yards, on 17 passes.

Bruce put up 0 on 48.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 30, 2006, 12:33:36 AM

Complete.
A.
Pass.
Over.
Yards.

Just 1? Please? Eli managed 7 on like 20 less passes.

There's no point in arguing with you because you've clearly no realistic idea of what it's like to watch a rookie quarterback play at the NFL level.

This is what you get -- it's football covered in warts. It'll look good sometimes (New Orleans), it'll look really bad all the rest of the time. This is why rookies don't play, because they'll have a game where they don't make a completion over 10 yards, or a game where they throw 4 picks, or a game where they fumble 3 times.

Enjoy the experience, because it's quite obvious from reading your posts that you've never followed an NFL team in this kind of a situation.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 30, 2006, 12:34:12 AM

He had a long of 14-- guess that kills your theory of 0/48-- he also had several over ten that were dropped today-- did you watch the game???

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow....just wow....look at all the whiny grads bashers coming out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools