Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can anyone honestly come in here...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 29, 2006, 10:20:18 PM

Just four of his what 5000 incompletions today?

Four BIG ones. Did you check Eli Manning's stats? 16 of 31 for 154 in the same conditions with the NFL's leading rusher in his backfield. Maybe you'd like to have him instead.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#16 : October 29, 2006, 10:21:34 PM

Just four of his what 5000 incompletions today?

Four BIG ones. Did you check Eli Manning's stats? 16 of 31 for 154 in the same conditions with the NFL's leading rusher in his backfield. Maybe you'd like to have him instead.
In a New york minute!!!!

captaindabblin

Second String

#17 : October 29, 2006, 10:26:10 PM

Well, he had no running game, very little pass protection, yet if each of his starting WR's had held onto 1 additional ball each that hit them in the hands, we're looking at a tie score. Given that, the kid did OK...
    Simms would've been sacked at least 6-8 times...

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#18 : October 29, 2006, 10:29:05 PM

All in all I don't think it is obvious one way or the other. He played poorly at times, but yet he made plays he needed to to keep us in the game. If it wasn't for misexecution on the part of Galloway, Clayton, and Cadillac this could have been a different game.

Did he play well? Eh, not really. For a rookie in those conditions throwing 48 times? I would say he played well. Well enough to win at the least.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 29, 2006, 10:29:26 PM

In a New york minute!!!!

Then I know all I need to know. Good luck to you.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#20 : October 29, 2006, 10:30:42 PM

In a New york minute!!!!

I knew all I needed to about you already. Eli guided his team to win today didn't he?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : October 29, 2006, 10:35:01 PM

You are honestly acting like it's bad to want Eli Manning over Grads? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And if you say you want Grads over Eli you are certifiable!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 29, 2006, 10:38:48 PM

I thought Grads played pretty well.   I was disappointed Gruden didn't roll him out more.   It seemed to me, that could have been successful.    Grads had some bad throws, but it was windy as heck.   Eli had some bad throws as well.   Grads also had some perfect throws dropped by the WR's.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 29, 2006, 10:39:00 PM

I knew all I needed to about you already. Eli guided his team to win today didn't he?

And he got help from his receiver who actually hung onto the football in the end zone, rather than dropping it. Oh, and some help from his run game as well. Manning in the Bucs offense would have produced similar numbers to Gradkowski. Hell, his numbers weren't all that dissimilar and he plays for the other team.

I'm not sure what people expect from a guy in his fourth start, with big dropped passes, on the road, in the wind. Personally, considering his experience and conditions and circumstances, I think he did okay. Not great, not crummy, okay.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 29, 2006, 11:53:37 PM

In a New york minute!!!!

I might be wrong, but the only difference seems to be that Eli's guys caught the balls and our guys dropped them. If MC catches his pass in the endzone and JG catches his long pass then the 2 QBs played equal games. Grads can only throw the pass, not catch it too. Eli also has been around longer in their system. Everyone was talking about Joe Montana and Grads being drafted in the same round earlier when Simms got hurt. Can someone tell us how Montana looked when he 1st started to play in the league?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 29, 2006, 10:42:30 PM

I'll take Grads over Eli.  Eli is unattainable and he's been in his offense for 3 years now.  This is the best thing that could have happened to Grads.  He's learning folks.  He's been in the offense for all of 6 months.  Did he play well...that's questionable.  He played like a rookie and that's what we have to live with right now...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 29, 2006, 10:42:45 PM

Grad didn't play as badly as his recievers.  They were the ones dropping and fumbling at key times.  It was the kind of game where a few key plays make the difference, and the Bucs recievers dropped or fumbled or the rest of the offense took penalties at the wrong time.  We didn't make the key plays.  

I didn't think Grads played that badly. He is not going to win games for us. His job is to not lose them. He did that job. We didn't have the veteran offense behind him to do their job.  The problem is they are young too.  We need a Brett Favre to take this average team to the playoffs, and we don't have Brett Favre.  That isn't Grads' fault.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 29, 2006, 11:44:25 PM

Grads looks like crap... no way Im sold on him, people are crazy to think Tampa wont try to resign Simms. Looking forward to the return of McNown...

You are??? He was the crappy QB who could never get it right in Chicago-- I think you mean McCown-- who if I recall correctly was an 0-4 starter in his only 4 starts in this league as a rookie with far worse numbers than the kid with 6 motnhs under his belt. You think Grads looks like crap as a rookie-- you must have missed the guys rookie starts you are beckoning for.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#28 : October 29, 2006, 11:41:19 PM

Simple answer...YES

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 29, 2006, 11:37:49 PM

Long ball??? How about the batted passes. The shoestring passes. The passes behind recievers? Not seeing wide open recievers? Sure you can't expect much from a rookie in his 4th game, but to say he played better than expected?????????? What did you expect then if that was better than you expected?
I expected his WR's, RB's, and TE's to catch and hold on to the ball.

Are you saying if those plays were caught and held onto that Grads would have still had a mediocre rookie 4th game day???????

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can anyone honestly come in here...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools