Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can anyone honestly come in here...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#30 : October 29, 2006, 11:35:48 PM

Grads looks like crap... no way Im sold on him, people are crazy to think Tampa wont try to resign Simms. Looking forward to the return of McNown...

I haven't seen anybody wonder why all of our WR & our RB got dropsies at the same time. Any theories as to the reason? Probably not just a coincidence. Related to the weather/wind?

Weather/ Wind? Sure thats a reason there were bad throws. But when balls hit you dead in the freaking hands or the chest-- there is no excuse-- the Wind is out of the equation--PERIOD.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 29, 2006, 10:54:00 PM

Grads looks like crap... no way Im sold on him, people are crazy to think Tampa wont try to resign Simms. Looking forward to the return of McNown...

#32 : October 29, 2006, 10:59:57 PM

Cade? lol Luke McCown eh, I'm not sold that he'll play

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#33 : October 29, 2006, 11:08:27 PM

I haven't seen anybody wonder why all of our WR & our RB got dropsies at the same time. Any theories as to the reason? Probably not just a coincidence. Related to the weather/wind?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 29, 2006, 11:09:53 PM

All around - poor performance - at this point, no one's job should be safe after this season.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#35 : October 30, 2006, 12:05:23 AM

He didn't play well -- didn't play poorly. He played like a rookie.

Check the statsheets for the Arizona/GB game and tell me how much better off the OTHER rookie looked against a defense exponentiallly worse than the one the Bucs faced today.

People have completely unrealistic expectations of what a rookie QB can and cannot do.

HINT: If you're listing off what a rookie QB *cannot* do, add "throw 48 times on the road" to that list.
It's not even about that. We've seen Leinart make all the throws, I'm not so sure about Gradkowski.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#36 : October 30, 2006, 12:06:00 AM

In a New york minute!!!!

Then I know all I need to know. Good luck to you.
I knew all I needed to about you already. Eli guided his team to win today didn't he?

I might be wrong, but the only difference seems to be that Eli's guys caught the balls and our guys dropped them. If MC catches his pass in the endzone and JG catches his long pass then the 2 QBs played equal games. Grads can only throw the pass, not catch it too. Eli also has been around longer in their system. Everyone was talking about Joe Montana and Grads being drafted in the same round earlier when Simms got hurt. Can someone tell us how Montana looked when he 1st started to play in the league?

Not good at all just like, Aikman, Peyton, Young, adn the list goes on and on

Larry Brackins

Starter
#37 : October 30, 2006, 12:06:46 AM

In a New york minute!!!!

Then I know all I need to know. Good luck to you.
I knew all I needed to about you already. Eli guided his team to win today didn't he?

I might be wrong, but the only difference seems to be that Eli's guys caught the balls and our guys dropped them. If MC catches his pass in the endzone and JG catches his long pass then the 2 QBs played equal games. Grads can only throw the pass, not catch it too. Eli also has been around longer in their system. Everyone was talking about Joe Montana and Grads being drafted in the same round earlier when Simms got hurt. Can someone tell us how Montana looked when he 1st started to play in the league?

Not good at all just like, Aikman, Peyton, Young, adn the list goes on and on
It's not the same. Those guys make mistakes and it's why the don't suceed, Gradkowski isn't making mistakes.

He just has the arm strength of a wet noodle.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#38 : October 30, 2006, 12:10:09 AM

It's not the same. Those guys make mistakes and it's why the don't suceed, Gradkowski isn't making mistakes.

So when he misses the deep ball deep, he has a wet noodle arm.

When he makes the deep ball throw but his receivers drop the ball, he has a wet noodle arm.

Exactly what the hell does this kid have to do to convince you that his arm strength is adequate -- stop by your house and start doing 120 pound curls?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#39 : October 30, 2006, 12:11:51 AM

When he makes the deep ball throw but his receivers drop the ball, he has a wet noodle arm.

Exactly what the hell does this kid have to do to convince you that his arm strength is adequate -- stop by your house and start doing 120 pound curls?
Complete a pass that goes further then 10 yards?

Is that asking too damn much?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#40 : October 30, 2006, 12:15:13 AM

Hard to do that when your recievers drop perfectly thrown balls or when your tight ends gets flagged for doing a WWF number on a linebacker while running his crossing route.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#41 : October 30, 2006, 12:16:40 AM

I don't think he needed to throw the ball any deeper today to Joey, do you?

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#42 : October 30, 2006, 12:19:15 AM

He didn't play well -- didn't play poorly. He played like a rookie.

Check the statsheets for the Arizona/GB game and tell me how much better off the OTHER rookie looked against a defense exponentiallly worse than the one the Bucs faced today.

People have completely unrealistic expectations of what a rookie QB can and cannot do.

HINT: If you're listing off what a rookie QB *cannot* do, add "throw 48 times on the road" to that list.
It's not even about that. We've seen Leinart make all the throws, I'm not so sure about Gradkowski.
And we have seen Grads make all the throws as well-- he can make the throws and make the reads and so far has been better than the 1st rd pick. Not to mention Grads has a better completion pct, better TD-INT ratio, better rating, and what counts a better record. Furthermore Grads has faced the divison leaders in all of his games while Leinart has faced one and the rest were Oak, KC, GB.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#43 : October 30, 2006, 01:43:03 AM

Hard to do that when your recievers drop perfectly thrown balls or when your tight ends gets flagged for doing a WWF number on a linebacker while running his crossing route.
Yah, because we all know every pass Grads threw today was dropped right????

TDTB

Second String

#44 : October 30, 2006, 03:11:28 AM

All in all I don't think it is obvious one way or the other. He played poorly at times, but yet he made plays he needed to to keep us in the game. If it wasn't for misexecution on the part of Galloway, Clayton, and Cadillac this could have been a different game.

Did he play well? Eh, not really. For a rookie in those conditions throwing 48 times? I would say he played well. Well enough to win at the least.
Thank god a sensible post. Grads didn't cost us the game, which for a rookie in that situation is really the most you can ask of the guy. Actually, he had us in a posistion to be in the game and maybe win it if some things go our way. Did he pay well, not really, but he played servicably.

I'll take okay over how Simms started off the year, he was just aweful.

Should Grads start next year, who knows he's earned the right to start the rest of this year though.

Seriously though I am staggered by the amount of knee-jerk reactions here. After the Cincy game I said "be patient and let the guy play a half dozen games to see if he can be consistent during that time." To which the people responded "NO HE'S THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER I WANT TO SUCK HIS BALLS!" and now after playing 2 defenses much better then the saints in which he played pretty blah now those same people want to castrate him. Show a little restraint.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can anyone honestly come in here...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools