Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can someone please explain to me... « previous next »
Page: 1

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

: October 30, 2006, 12:18:39 AM

I was a bit confused for the Fumble call on Carnell Williams (don't remember which QTR) when Bruce threw a pitch to him and Carnell dropped it.  Why is it called a fumble if it was a dropped pass?

BP1

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 30, 2006, 12:25:23 AM

it was a pitch backwards, not a pass.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 30, 2006, 12:36:54 AM

it was a pitch backwards, not a pass.

Yep.....and it was right infront of Caddy, but he took his eyes off the ball. [banghead]

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#3 : October 30, 2006, 12:37:21 AM

Are all pitches dropped considered fumbles?

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 30, 2006, 12:39:06 AM

Are all pitches dropped considered fumbles?

Yes. Any backwards pass, latteral or pitch that hits the turf is considered a fumble.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 30, 2006, 12:40:34 AM

I also was unaware of the rule that on 4th down even if you get the first and fumble that the player that fumbled must be the one that recovers it-- I could see if the 1st down was never accomplished, but otherwise that rule seems pretty freaking stupid.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 30, 2006, 12:41:51 AM

I also was unaware of the rule that on 4th down even if you get the first and fumble that the player that fumbled must be the one that recovers it-- I could see if the 1st down was never accomplished, but otherwise that rule seems pretty freaking stupid.

The rule is there on 4th down to stop the receiver coughing it up and gaining yards on a fumble.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#7 : October 30, 2006, 12:52:21 AM

The 4th down fumble rule actually makes sense to me. The pitch dropped fumble rule doesn't. A pitch is just another form of a pass.

Oh well. I should apologize to my TV for calling it a Moron eventhou it was directed at the referee.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : October 30, 2006, 02:05:14 AM

Please tell us all now how this was all just a joke, and that you really knew that was a fumble. Please tell us you knew that was a fumble. I'm begging you.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : October 30, 2006, 02:09:43 AM

A pitch isn't a pass, it is a pitch. It is like a variation of a hand off. It determines the difference between YAC and a carry stat.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : October 30, 2006, 02:11:27 AM

A pitch isn't a pass, it is a pitch. It is like a variation of a hand off. It determines the difference between YAC and a carry stat.
I can't believe we're explaining this!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 30, 2006, 07:38:23 AM

I think you can ask Madden about that rule.   ;) :D

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#12 : October 30, 2006, 09:22:32 AM

I can't believe we're explaining this!!!

What's your problem?

tonyflash

Starter

#13 : October 30, 2006, 09:25:00 AM

I think you can ask Madden about that rule. ;) :D

I think it makes sense in the case of the "Holy Roller", but not they way it went down yesterday. He had the first down, then the ball came out. Also it was not the end of a game. The rule needs to be addressed IMO.

BucHarbour

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 30, 2006, 08:03:48 PM

Yeah, that rule should only apply if the ball is fumbled forward. In my opinion, any time a fumble occurs, and the fumbling team recovers, it should be forward progress to the point of the fumble and no further. Simple enough method to eliminate the forward fumbles.

>>Ugh.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can someone please explain to me... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools