Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The fear of dying. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 05, 2007, 07:17:01 PM

I was diagnosed with cancer almost five weeks ago. We caught it "early enough," but since that time, I've been able to put a lot of life into perspective. You never know your time, and you need kicks in the rear to show you that you're not really in charge down here. Don't fear death. Fear not living life to the fullest while you can.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#31 : May 05, 2007, 07:33:20 PM

Hope all goes well with you. Prayers for you.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 05, 2007, 09:20:35 PM

I was diagnosed with cancer almost five weeks ago. We caught it "early enough," but since that time, I've been able to put a lot of life into perspective. You never know your time, and you need kicks in the rear to show you that you're not really in charge down here. Don't fear death. Fear not living life to the fullest while you can.

Damn GF, I wasn't expecting that. Sorry man. Hope all goes well.

I would recommend a book to you but you seem to already have the right attitude. Nonetheless,
if you're up for a good read, "Love, Medicine and Miracles," by Dr. Bernie Siegel.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#33 : May 05, 2007, 09:21:45 PM

He who dies with the most toys, still dies.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 05, 2007, 09:44:20 PM

Skull is talking about what allegedly happens to consciousness when you die. And you relate it to
what the Nazis did? Oh yeah, the analogy is crystal clear! ???

rechanelling = different planes of existence. Has to do with sarcasm too. What people bend their minds around to believe slays me sometimes

ufojo - why do you think he needs Jesus?

I don't. It's called sarcasm.

That's what I thought - I find it kind of interesting that the guy who wants me and others to believe that UFO's are real - is the same guy throwing barbs about Jesus? Don't think the irony isn't thick around that one.

It sounds like you're offering him a belief that calming himself and feeling good about death will help him to accept it better?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 05, 2007, 09:55:15 PM

Don't fear death. Fear not living life to the fullest while you can.

Great advise ^^^

Glad to hear you caught the big C early enough GF63. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 05, 2007, 10:27:22 PM

That's what I thought - I find it kind of interesting that the guy who wants me and others to believe
that UFO's are real - is the same guy throwing barbs about Jesus? Don't think the irony isn't thick around
that one.

Here we go again...

Sorry for the temorary hijack, Buckaroo...

No irony.

Pull a post from me where I ask you to believe anything. I ask people to look at the evidence and keep
an open mind. The evidence is constantly coming in with new cases. And the evidence that exists is so
massive that there's no way I can examine it all. And it features photos, multiple military witnesses and
radar hits and in 3000+ cases, physical, trace evidence left behind by the craft. And some of that
evidence has been examined and some of it is anomalous.

The evidence for Jesus is what it is. It's not changing and it's not growing with new data every day.
And it doesn't feature radar or photos/videos (many taken with multiple witnesses on hand) or trace
evidence. And I've looked at the evidence and

I do believe that some UFOs are physical craft. I do not BELIEVE that they are ET. But I consider it
a possibility. There are other possibilities also. I am not locked into one possibility. Unlike Christians:
Jesus was the son of god and you will not see the kingdom of heaven unless you accept him as
the savior! Big difference with how I handle the UFO data.

If I don't believe in Jesus, I am doomed. If you don't think UFOs are worth further investigation,
it doesn't keep you out of heaven and it doesn't doom you to hell. It doesn't do anything and
you are no less a person than I am.

The reason I want more people to look at the evidence is I feel with enough people calling for
the end of government secrecy on this topic, we MIGHT get to the bottom of it. And we might
get a look at propulsion systems that could helps us end our reliance on combustible engines
and do away with pollution.

It sounds like you're offering him a belief that calming himself and feeling good about death
will help him to accept it better?

I'm not offering any belief. I tell people to attempt personal experiences. That can be evidence
for THEM. Not for any of us. If they learn something from those experiences, they don't
have to ell to the world that they know the truth and everybody else doesn't.

And is doomed.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 05, 2007, 10:55:14 PM

sigh, ufojoe - Where did I tell anyone anything? And if I did, exactly how would that be different than what you did?

Interesting that you tell people, and I ask people, and I'm the one telling the world about my truth. Oh and by the way, you're the one that jumped to sarcastically knocking Jesus.

You're the only one proselytizing on this board. I'm just asking questions.

Buckaroo you raise a valid concern. I hope you get the answer you are looking for. If you'd like - pm me, or ufojo - then you can make a decision on what is best for you.

It's a good thread for conversation but you're not going to get a lot of answers.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#38 : May 06, 2007, 12:27:49 AM

We all have our different means of comfort and with what gets us through life day to day, and the only reason I would fear death at this current stage is because I feel there's still too many things left on the table that are unfinished, and too many things that I still want to do and enjoy while I'm here.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#39 : May 06, 2007, 12:59:00 AM

Live every day as if it were your last.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 06, 2007, 01:00:25 AM

I fear having an allergy to beer, and work.

And not having a means to watching BUcs games.

Man those sixteen/seventeen weeks are GLORIOUS!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 06, 2007, 01:17:17 AM

sigh, ufojoe - Where did I tell anyone anything? And if I did, exactly how would that be different than what you did?

Interesting that you tell people, and I ask people, and I'm the one telling the world about my truth. Oh and by the way, you're the one that jumped to sarcastically knocking Jesus.

You're the only one proselytizing on this board. I'm just asking questions.

Buckaroo you raise a valid concern. I hope you get the answer you are looking for. If you'd like - pm me, or ufojo - then you can make a decision on what is best for you.

It's a good thread for conversation but you're not going to get a lot of answers.

You, you didn't proselytize. And I didn't say you did. But the majority of Christians I have encountered
have done it. And 99% of them feel that anybody who believes differently than they do are going to
hell. It's a ridiculous fear tactic.

Buckaroo, I wouldn't email anybody. I would search for your own answers. Whether that's through
books or videos or movies or whatever, you'll find your own truth. None of our truths should be
relevant to you.

Most Christians don't allow for any other possibility than what they are taught in a book or from
a Priest/Pastor, etc.. If you ask a Christian, "Is it possible that Jesus wasn't the son of god?" how
many of them do you think would say, "That's possible." Sorry, no open mindedness there.

Are there exceptions? Yes.

And it relates to life after death too. If Christians didn't BELIEVE that Jesus was the only
way to a place called heaven, then they wouldn't be trying to convert the entire world
to their belief system. I just tired of seeing people use fear to justify a belief. And to
use it to get people to covert is very sad.

And Buc, this is not necessarily directed at you.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 06, 2007, 01:56:05 AM

ufojoe IMO you're right about one thing - It's all about belief. All I did was infer that you beleive UFO's to be true and you immediately pointed to chapter and verse from various media to illustrate that it isn't belief it was fact. So ufojoe - Christians aren't the only ones pointing to their book of truths to illustrate concreteness of their facts. You did it in your first post and you did it again when you told buckaroo to look into the "books/videos etc.

I know you are not directing this at me specifically - just any Christian (or someone your assume is a Christian) in general. take a look at yourself. You use the very tactics you ridicule Christianity for in buttressing your beliefs!

Boid - thanks for lightening this back up...it is glorious to have 16 games during the season...it's just the LOOONG off season that gets hard to slog through!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 06, 2007, 05:40:50 AM

So since my belief system is different than your paridigm it's ok to ridicule me?  Yep.  Typical Christian.

Actually what I said about the human spirit being everlasting really isn't all that different from what Jesus taught.  The only thing mortal about us is our physical bodies.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#44 : May 06, 2007, 11:00:49 AM

Believing in God, Buddha, Mother Nature, evolution, worshiping statues & shrines, following UFO's, Santa Claus, or in nothing at all; whatever gets you through your daily grind and in the end you will find out 100% without a doubt if you were right or wrong(but you won't be here to tell everyone else about it though).

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The fear of dying. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools