Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Running Game is the Answer?? « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 30, 2006, 07:07:04 AM

I was looking at the stats on NFL.com and concluded that the run game, or lack theroef, is not necessarily the answer to the Buc woes, as some here have suggested.

Examples:

Redskins (2-5) - 7th-best rushing stats in the league at 128.4 yards per game.  Their record is no better than Tampa's.

Philly (4-4) - 8th best in the league at over 125 rushing ypg....still, they are a .500 team with a "premeir" QB.

Then there is Baltimore, with a 5-2 record, that ranks 1 notch above the Bucs, averaging just over 94 ypg rushing.

The undefeated Bears do not average 100 yards per game rushing.

The 49er's average over 117 ypg rushing, yet they suck worse than Tampa.

So, to think the running game is the Achille's Heel of the Bucs is just not true.  The Bucs' issues go beyond just the run game.

#1 : October 30, 2006, 07:45:27 AM

Damn, where are all the people that think the run game is to blame???

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 30, 2006, 07:49:16 AM

Is it the ONLY problem?? No, but it is still a BIG problem.

How is the defensive numbers for the Bears, and Ravens?? You can afford to have a lackluster rushing attack when you have a stout defense, something that we are lacking this year.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 30, 2006, 07:51:21 AM

The Giants are stout against the run and proved that yesterday.  The way to attack them was through the air and there were enough plays there for the Bucs to win with the very good performance by the Bucs defense. 

#4 : October 30, 2006, 07:54:17 AM

How is the defensive numbers for the Bears, and Ravens?? You can afford to have a lackluster rushing attack when you have a stout defense, something that we are lacking this year.

You just proved my point matthew...the run game is NOT the ONLY issue, and not really the MAIN issue.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 30, 2006, 07:58:59 AM

It's a multitude of problems that started with a QB that was losing the game for this team by turning the ball over and putting the defense is rediculous situations. The running game hasn't come to form but there are reasons.

The question becomes, what should we expect from a youth laden offense? You have to curb your expectations because they are so young. It's tough because you want your team to win and look good but it's not realistic at this point.

#6 : October 30, 2006, 08:10:31 AM

keepon

You are right, but there is no patience among some fans.  Too bad for them.  They are gonna have to deal with it or continue to complain regardless.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 30, 2006, 08:21:25 AM

keepon

You are right, but there is no patience among some fans. Too bad for them. They are gonna have to deal with it or continue to complain regardless.

It's hard to read most of these posts after a loss. You begin to find out who's the objective football fan and who's the reactive, emotional fan that wants to fire everyone. There are areas that need to be improved but to have the hardest schedule in the NFL with a very young offense isn't a recipe for success. It doesn't get any easier and another top 5 pick is coming. Am I upset about it? Hell yes, but know this team will be very good once the youth comes to form.

#8 : October 30, 2006, 08:24:43 AM

It's kind of like smelling the bread baking in the oven.  You just have to taste it before it is ready.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 30, 2006, 08:34:42 AM

It's a multitude of problems that started with a QB that was losing the game for this team by turning the ball over and putting the defense is rediculous situations. The running game hasn't come to form but there are reasons.

The question becomes, what should we expect from a youth laden offense? You have to curb your expectations because they are so young. It's tough because you want your team to win and look good but it's not realistic at this point.

Okay, blaming yesterday's loss on Simms is just outright ridiculous

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 30, 2006, 08:37:49 AM

The running game is not the total problem.  But having one would go a long way in righting some of the wrongs we are experiencing this year...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 30, 2006, 08:39:04 AM

If that's what you took from that I got nothing for you brother.................

#12 : October 30, 2006, 08:39:21 AM

Don't think anyone is blaming Simms for yesterday's loss. 

#13 : October 30, 2006, 08:39:47 AM

Another fan that can't read.  <sigh>

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 30, 2006, 08:45:15 AM

You just proved my point matthew...the run game is NOT the ONLY issue, and not really the MAIN issue.

I agree that it is not the main issue.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Running Game is the Answer?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools