Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown now « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #30 : October 30, 2006, 12:40:55 PM »

Did anyone honestly expect the Bucs to dominate the Giants?  They were in the game and if Cadillac doesn't botch the pitch they are in it until the end.

They've won two out of three and have two winnable games the next two weeks.

Everybody needs to RELAX.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #31 : October 30, 2006, 12:45:33 PM »

Grads is marginal at best.

Did you come to that determination by studying all of his many years in the league? I remember another QB that Gruden had who was considered "marginal at best". What was his name again? Rick or Rich something...

No actually I came to this determination yesterday after seeing him face 8-9 man fronts with Man coverage on the Wr's and seeing him go 20-48 on routes inside of 10 yards. He had drops, sure, he got no help, he also looked anemic...

He three good passes downfield that were dropped.  Another pass downfield nullified by Becht's sheer stupidity. Another pass that went for a first down to Clayton on fourth down that was fumbled away.    Somehow I do not think we watched the same football game.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #32 : October 30, 2006, 12:49:54 PM »

My God! If some of you were the coaches Terry Bradshaw would have never made it in this league. For those of you who don't know it took Bradshaw 5 + years to become a decent QB. If your wondering why we have the reputation of being bandwagon fans it's because for the most part it's true. It doesn't matter when you became a fan it's how you act in the down times. I get a feeling a bunch of you are getting ready to throw on your Bears, Cowboys and Colts jerseys any day now.

What is with posts like this?  If someone questions something about the team, it does not mean he is not a fan.  If he wasn't a fan he wouldn't bother questioning anything, he would just do as you said.  He'd go put on a Cowboys jersey.  But the fact that everyone is here, on this board, should show that they are fans whether you agree with their opinions or not.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #33 : October 30, 2006, 12:54:26 PM »

Did you come to that determination by studying all of his many years in the league? I remember another QB that Gruden had who was considered "marginal at best". What was his name again? Rick or Rich something...

No actually I came to this determination yesterday after seeing him face 8-9 man fronts with Man coverage on the Wr's and seeing him go 20-48 on routes inside of 10 yards. He had drops, sure, he got no help, he also looked anemic...

He three good passes downfield that were dropped. Another pass downfield nullified by Becht's sheer stupidity. Another pass that went for a first down to Clayton on fourth down that was fumbled away. Somehow I do not think we watched the same football game.

ADW, he had 3 blantantly dropped balls that were very nice plays. He went 20-48 against a defense that was conceeding the pass. You feel good about that showing??? It was an awful game for the entire offense but geez...

Considering the conditions yes.  Eli did not light it up either. 

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #34 : October 30, 2006, 04:30:35 PM »

naplesbuc, calling people stupid because you don't agree with their opinion is ignorant and immature. The bandwagon reference is hardly accurate since I have been a fan of this team since it's inception continuously. That will never change.

My point was not just about Gradkowski. I just used him as an example. At 2-5 we can forget about the playoffs. We have 9 games left. We might as well use them to determine who is worth keeping for the future. Also, I'm not saying to bench Gradkowski for the rest of the year, just split playing time with McCown so we can see who is the better option. Simms and Rattay are as good as gone. They're not a factor. If McCown is better, I want to know that now, not later when he's starting for some other team.

Rotate the reserves so they can get some experience and exposure. This season is a lost cause.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #35 : October 30, 2006, 05:44:21 PM »

when you watch the press conference its like he laughs at the thought of taking grads out.

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #36 : October 30, 2006, 06:03:31 PM »

naplesbuc, calling people stupid because you don't agree with their opinion is ignorant and immature.

I guess "ignorant and immature" is OK. "Stupid" is over the line? LOL
Just funning with you on a Monday after a loss. We should call it "half empty" day after losing though **CENSORED** and moan day seems more descriptive.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #37 : October 31, 2006, 05:29:30 PM »

naplesbuc, calling people stupid because you don't agree with their opinion is ignorant and immature.

Just funning with you on a Monday after a loss. We should call it "half empty" day after losing though dog and moan day seems more descriptive.

A sense of humor is standard issue for any Buc Fan who has  hung in there for all 30 1/2 years of mostly frustratiion.

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #38 : October 31, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »

Just funning with you on a Monday after a loss. We should call it "half empty" day after losing though dog and moan day seems more descriptive.

A sense of humor is standard issue for any Buc Fan who has hung in there for all 30 1/2 years of mostly frustratiion.

Truer words have never been typed!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #39 : October 31, 2006, 11:36:41 PM »

naplesbuc, calling people stupid because you don't agree with their opinion is ignorant and immature. The bandwagon reference is hardly accurate since I have been a fan of this team since it's inception continuously. That will never change.

My point was not just about Gradkowski. I just used him as an example. At 2-5 we can forget about the playoffs. We have 9 games left. We might as well use them to determine who is worth keeping for the future. Also, I'm not saying to bench Gradkowski for the rest of the year, just split playing time with McCown so we can see who is the better option. Simms and Rattay are as good as gone. They're not a factor. If McCown is better, I want to know that now, not later when he's starting for some other team.

Rotate the reserves so they can get some experience and exposure. This season is a lost cause.

I think we have a good idea what McCown can do.  With that said the QB position is not something you want to have players rotating at.  You need to build continuity.  What I am saying is that if the Bucs decided to play McCown the rest of the year they need to stick with him heading into next year as the starter.  If Grads plays down the stretch they need to stick with him heading to next year.

They say let them battle it out but most of the time a head coach decides on who they will start in the first game of the regular season from the beggining of the off season.  It is rare to see a coach start a #2 QB over a #1 on the depth chart on opening day.  That is why Gruden would have never started Grads over Simms.  And he never started Simms over Brad even though Brad was struggling.

To be honest I want resolution and and I want to see this QB carousel end (Brad, Griese, Simms, Grads, etc) becuase that is the major factor in the Bucs offensive woes over the years.  QB is one of those positions that you can not rotate like they do in college.  They might play McCown to see if he is healed but other than that I do not see him playing a whole lot.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #40 : October 31, 2006, 11:48:51 PM »

Gruden said McCown is not ready.  He flat out said it, and there is no way between now and december you will see any McCown sightings.  He had a training camp worth of workouts, busted his knee, and is not ready anyway.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #41 : October 31, 2006, 11:49:10 PM »

My God! If some of you were the coaches Terry Bradshaw would have never made it in this league. For those of you who don't know it took Bradshaw 5 + years to become a decent QB. If your wondering why we have the reputation of being bandwagon fans it's because for the most part it's true. It doesn't matter when you became a fan it's how you act in the down times. I get a feeling a bunch of you are getting ready to throw on your Bears, Cowboys and Colts jerseys any day now.
 Questioning your team & calling a spade a spade does not mean you are a fan of another team--you "super fans" need to get off that. Questioning & expecting accountability does not negate your status as a fan, Putting up with 0-26 does not mean you are better than any other fans that don't want to see that again. And FYI, there are teams that go to the playoffs every year.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #42 : November 01, 2006, 12:12:35 AM »

You cant compare big market teams to The bucs..

There was a time though when those teams were in the same spot we are.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

« #43 : November 01, 2006, 01:09:03 AM »

He three good passes downfield that were dropped. Another pass downfield nullified by Becht's sheer stupidity. Another pass that went for a first down to Clayton on fourth down that was fumbled away. Somehow I do not think we watched the same football game.

ADW, he had 3 blantantly dropped balls that were very nice plays. He went 20-48 against a defense that was conceeding the pass. You feel good about that showing??? It was an awful game for the entire offense but geez...

You said it yourself killer.... he is a 6th round rookie.... How many Tds has he thrown? how many Ints??? remember Griese? 2 ints a game guranteed... What more do you want? Dont make me shove the Tom Brady argument down your throat.... seriously, Get a Clue!

$$$

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #44 : November 01, 2006, 11:18:40 AM »

If McCown is better, I want to know that now, not later when he's starting for some other team.

I think we have a good idea what McCown can do. With that said the QB position is not something you want to have players rotating at. You need to build continuity. What I am saying is that if the Bucs decided to play McCown the rest of the year they need to stick with him heading into next year as the starter. If Grads plays down the stretch they need to stick with him heading to next year.

They say let them battle it out but most of the time a head coach decides on who they will start in the first game of the regular season from the beggining of the off season. It is rare to see a coach start a #2 QB over a #1 on the depth chart on opening day. That is why Gruden would have never started Grads over Simms. And he never started Simms over Brad even though Brad was struggling.

To be honest I want resolution and and I want to see this QB carousel end (Brad, Griese, Simms, Grads, etc) becuase that is the major factor in the Bucs offensive woes over the years. QB is one of those positions that you can not rotate like they do in college. They might play McCown to see if he is healed but other than that I do not see him playing a whole lot.

Since McCown has yet to take even one single snap for us in a game that counts, I find it amazing that "we" have ANY idea what he can do. BTW, Gruden DID start Simms over Brad Johnson against the Saints. Griese took over when Simms was injured in the second quarter.

We now have two QBs with the potential to be the starter in '07. I believe it's a mistake to only test one in game conditions. It seems that we are going to have a top five draft choice next april. We need to know if we need to spend it on a QB or a DT. Teams rotate players when they are tired or to prevent defenses from exploiting obvious weaknesses. They already know about Gradkowski. They have yet to see anything with McCown in this offense. When McCown is ready in a few weeks, I vote give him a shot for a half. He was impressive in preseason last year. I'd like to see what he has learned in the last 14 months.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown now « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools