Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Few Props for the D « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#15 : October 30, 2006, 08:48:08 AM

That's why I called for Booger Mac's head long ago.  The Bucs had more than adequate options sitting on the bench the whole time.

and it looks like Booger put up another stellar performance with the Colts...2 whole tackles! he sure helped the Colts run D, I think they only allowed over 200yds on the ground yesterday ;)  ...If it wasn't for Manning the Colts would be going nowhere.

on a side note, I was watching the game with some more casual Buc fans yesterday, and they were like "What  happened to Booger?" I told them he was traded. Their reply? "That was stupid, Gruden is an idiot." [banghead]

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 30, 2006, 08:48:55 AM

It's almost like that scene from "Remember the Titans"  When Denzel asks the defensive coordinator they need some more turnovers.  Wasn't that the defense was playing bad, they needed a little more...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 30, 2006, 08:51:15 AM

I think the wind helped both defenses alot.    I'm not going to read anything into that Giants game.   Bring on the Saints!

#18 : October 30, 2006, 08:52:12 AM

It is unfair to ask your D to put points up every game.  We need to get past the Dungy era where we relied solely on the D to win games for us.  That said, with the youth on offense, it is gonna take time.  Ronde Barber didn't set the world on fire when he first became a starter either.  Now, he may well be a HOF candidate.  Patience folks, patience.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 30, 2006, 08:54:05 AM

That's why I called for Booger Mac's head long ago.  The Bucs had more than adequate options sitting on the bench the whole time.

and it looks like Booger put up another stellar performance with the Colts...2 whole tackles! he sure helped the Colts run D, I think they only allowed over 200yds on the ground yesterday ;)  ...If it wasn't for Manning the Colts would be going nowhere.

on a side note, I was watching the game with some more casual Buc fans yesterday, and they were like "What  happened to Booger?" I told them he was traded. Their reply? "That was stupid, Gruden is an idiot." [banghead]

According to some people the Bucs made a mistake trading a bonafide star away.  :D

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 30, 2006, 08:57:19 AM

It is unfair to ask your D to put points up every game. We need to get past the Dungy era where we relied solely on the D to win games for us. That said, with the youth on offense, it is gonna take time. Ronde Barber didn't set the world on fire when he first became a starter either. Now, he may well be a HOF candidate. Patience folks, patience.

I don't think we expect the defense to spot us a few points.  But we need their help in the field posit on battle.  We need some turnovers.  If this defense doesn't average at least 2 turnovers a game (my thoughts here) we don't stand much of a chance get favorable down and distance situations.  I think we need to get back to the Dungy era of playing defense around here.  

Defense wins championships...at least it does in Tampa the last time I checked... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 30, 2006, 09:14:07 AM

You aren't gonna get turnovers every game

Sadly enough, there was a time when this wasn't true.  Hopefully we can improve our pass rush enough in the offseason to bring back the sack/turnover streak

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#22 : October 30, 2006, 09:18:46 AM

the defense definately redeemed themselves after giving up so much yardage last week, giants had great field position all day and to hold them to 17 points and give our offense (who was missing all day) a chance to get back into at anytime then that is worthy of giving them props too. We didn't get the turnovers, but we held Tiki to under 100 yds and forced a few punts...good job D, thanks for playing a full 60 minutes

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 30, 2006, 09:19:31 AM

You aren't gonna get turnovers every game

Sadly enough, there was a time when this wasn't true.  Hopefully we can improve our pass rush enough in the offseason to bring back the sack/turnover streak

I agree with you 100%.  Dewayne White needs to be re-signed and Wyms stays.  Rice made some plays yesterday but he is still not the dominating player that he used to be in the past.  I do not know if he is on a decline or he is playing through an injury.  If the Bucs feel he is on the decline they need to trade him away.  Then on draft day the Bucs need to committ to drafting at least three defensive lineman.  Preferably two on day one of the draft. 

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 30, 2006, 04:17:26 PM

D played well enough to win. That said, there was a play.... or two...  55 failed to make plays I'm used to seeing him make and this makes me both :( and worried about the future of that position. 

I don't think you can replace players like Sapp or Mr. Derick Brooks.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Few Props for the D « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools