Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Giants fan's perspective on the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: October 30, 2006, 09:47:02 AM

Much more calm I see.

Good win for the G-men and agree on all points you make. The o-line improved throughout the game in pass pro and thanks for an outsiders take on Grads. He's going to be a good QB soon enough and it wasn't on him yesterday.

Eli10

Second String

#1 : October 30, 2006, 09:44:20 AM

Hey guys, thanks for allowing me to post on your board this week. I've enjoyed speaking to a lot of you regarding the game last weekend. Nice Giants win. But I have to say a few things about the Bucs:

1) ESPN criticized the drafting of Joseph and Trueblood but I've got to say those two are stars in the making. Both exhibited excellent toughness and held in check a very good Giants pass rush
2) Gradkowski - it was not even close to his fault yesterday. If the Bucs had any receivers that could haul in a catch, they would have come close in that game. Gradkowski can manage a game and you could see, despite being down 14-0 at one point, he was flustered at all.
3) Bucs defense DID stifle Tiki. Wind or now wind, Rice and the front four came to play and I think we all saw the Bucs D has some life left.

I'll take the 17-3 win. Good luck the rest of the year Bucs. I think there is a lot to look forward to in the future.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 30, 2006, 09:48:42 AM

Are you going away now?  Just because you came in and didn't gloat doesn't mean we like you any more... [banghead] >:(

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 30, 2006, 09:51:04 AM

Hey guys, thanks for allowing me to post on your board this week. I've enjoyed speaking to a lot of you regarding the game last weekend. Nice Giants win. But I have to say a few things about the Bucs:

1) ESPN criticized the drafting of Joseph and Trueblood but I've got to say those two are stars in the making. Both exhibited excellent toughness and held in check a very good Giants pass rush
2) Gradkowski - it was not even close to his fault yesterday. If the Bucs had any receivers that could haul in a catch, they would have come close in that game. Gradkowski can manage a game and you could see, despite being down 14-0 at one point, he was flustered at all.
3) Bucs defense DID stifle Tiki. Wind or now wind, Rice and the front four came to play and I think we all saw the Bucs D has some life left.

I'll take the 17-3 win. Good luck the rest of the year Bucs. I think there is a lot to look forward to in the future.

Well at least you are calling it as it was…..good luck the rest of the season.

Eli10

Second String

#4 : October 30, 2006, 09:54:16 AM

Kepp on Bucn - I think we saw him REALLY improve on the deep ball yesterday. Regardless of the Giants poor pass defense, you could see he's gaining confidence and he was putting them right there.  I like him. I think he's got the makeup of a good NFL QB. I hope he develops even though I'm partial to Chris Simms for obvious reasons.

Eli10

Second String

#5 : October 30, 2006, 09:56:58 AM

Are you going away now?  Just because you came in and didn't gloat doesn't mean we like you any more... [banghead] >:(

Would you prefer me to gloat? I can stick around if you like. In fact, I can say stuff like the Giants run defense IS as good as I said it was last week. I can also say for sure that Matt bryant did NOT hit a 64 yarder...but I thought I'd take the high road and give you guys a fan's perspective on your team...a favorable one.  Seems like some would rather keep trash talking for no reason.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 30, 2006, 10:00:07 AM

Because of our mistakes, you got away with one. Just do me a favor and kick the Eagles butt! Good luck to ya!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 30, 2006, 10:04:01 AM

Are you going away now? Just because you came in and didn't gloat doesn't mean we like you any more... [banghead] >:(

Would you prefer me to gloat? I can stick around if you like. In fact, I can say stuff like the Giants run defense IS as good as I said it was last week. I can also say for sure that Matt bryant did NOT hit a 64 yarder...but I thought I'd take the high road and give you guys a fan's perspective on your team...a favorable one. Seems like some would rather keep trash talking for no reason.

I wasn't trash talking just stating the obvious...it's your right  to come in and start a herat warming thread...you signed up...just can't see why you would come in here after we lost and spark up a friendly conversation...but maybe you're just that kind of fan...WHATEVER!  If it sounds like I'm bitter, I AM!!! [banghead]

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Eli10

Second String

#8 : October 30, 2006, 10:16:53 AM

Chev - I honestly came in here last week just looking to get a fans perspective on the Bucs.  I'm sorry I caused so much trouble.  I didn't want to come in a gloat because that would have been ignorant. 

TimBuc2 - I hope we beat the Eagles but we have to worry about Dallas as well!  I lived in Tampa for a short time so I have always had a soft spot for the Bucs. Even during the orange uni days and the QBing of Craig Erickson and the running of Reggie Cobb :-)

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 30, 2006, 10:20:02 AM

Chev - I honestly came in here last week just looking to get a fans perspective on the Bucs. I'm sorry I caused so much trouble. I didn't want to come in a gloat because that would have been ignorant.

TimBuc2 - I hope we beat the Eagles but we have to worry about Dallas as well! I lived in Tampa for a short time so I have always had a soft spot for the Bucs. Even during the orange uni days and the QBing of Craig Erickson and the running of Reggie Cobb :-)

You do whatever you have to do but I hate the Eagles with a passion! To put it politely...

Eli10

Second String

#10 : October 30, 2006, 10:25:01 AM

Timbuc2 - I'm sure we'll give it our best effort!

buckit

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 30, 2006, 05:49:43 PM

Thanks for the kind words.  Not sure we deserve em, but thanks.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Giants fan's perspective on the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools