Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Top 5 Most Watched Cable/Satellite TV Channels « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: May 08, 2007, 08:57:45 AM

You can axe the Cable/Satellite channels since these are my top 5 no matter what measure you use:

Discovery Channel
History Channel
Science Channel
ESPN
National Geographic Channel

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 08, 2007, 09:45:28 AM

Discovery Channel
History Channel
Science Channel
NFL Network
Fox Soccer Channel

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 08, 2007, 02:56:36 AM

1. ESPN
2. Discovery
3. A&E
4. NBC
5. Fox

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 08, 2007, 09:33:51 AM

I only watch MTV

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#4 : May 08, 2007, 09:39:07 AM

Discovery
Fox
Spike
NBC
TLC

#5 : May 08, 2007, 12:48:18 AM

List your top 5 most watched cable/satellite channels. These are channels that aren't available without cable/satellite service.

1. FOX Soccer Channel - I spend my weekends watching this channel. English Premier League soccer in the mornings and afternoons and Major League Soccer on Saturday nights. This is always my "go to" channel if I'm sleeping on the couch. I can catch a replay of a game or soccer news in the middle of the night.

2. BBC America - I really love this channel, but only late at night. During the day and primetime it seems like it's the "Who's Line is it Anyway" channel, as that show is in constant rotation it seems, but after midnight, they play some of the funniest comedies aka "Britcoms" I have ever seen. I discovered "The Office" on this channel several years ago and for that I am eternally grateful. They play a lot of marathons after midnight, so I am always recording shows and sampling them. Many aren't available on DVD here, so I just download the entire series and burn them to DVD myself.

3. HDNet - An all HD channel. Major League Soccer on Saturday nights in HD is simply awesome. "Arrested Development" on Wednesday nights, mixed in with on location shots of women posing in lingerie/bikinis throughout the week in HD is mesmerizing. Watching blood spill on Extreme Cage Fighting is also pretty impressive.

4. HDNet Movies - Nothing but movies shown in HD. Most aren't shot in HD, but the transfers look great, especially the films from the 70s and 80s. This channel causes my DVR to fill up fast cause of the amount of films I record each week.

5. Turner Classic Movies - I've discovered a lot of gems on this channel and caught many classics that I passed on cause I either was too young to appreciate them or my tastes in films got better as I aged. Hitch**CENSORED** and Kurosawa are probably the 2 directors who I catch the most films of on here.

My DVR always has something from the above channels, so I can never complain about not finding anything to watch on TV.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : May 08, 2007, 10:26:46 AM

NFL Network
ESPN
HBO
National Geographic
ESPN News

spartan

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 08, 2007, 10:33:53 AM

Not in any particular order:

History Channel
Military Channel
Scifi
Fox News :)
Any decent sports thats on

However, that my change cos my wife just started with Brighthouse and we are going to get so much free stuff channel and gadget wise it is ridiculous. To say I am pretty excited would be an understatement.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 08, 2007, 11:47:15 AM

5. Turner Classic Movies - I've discovered a lot of gems on this channel and caught many classics that I passed on cause I either was too young to appreciate them or my tastes in films got better as I aged. Hitch**CENSORED** and Kurosawa are probably the 2 directors who I catch the most films of on here.

If you dig on Hitch**CENSORED** and Kurosawa the best way to see a lot of their films is through the Criterion Collection of DVD's:
http://www.criterion.com/asp/browse.asp

You may already know these dics but if not Criterion does a great job of restoring the movies - both sound and video- and they have wonderful commentary tracks and bonus features.

I just got their new version of Seven Samurai and it is 3 discs will all kinds of great features and the movie looks better than you've ever seen it look.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#9 : May 08, 2007, 12:18:12 PM

People, NBC and FOX aren't cable/satellite channels.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : May 09, 2007, 02:44:48 AM

MSNBC
CNN
Discovery
Animal Planet
National Geographic

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 09, 2007, 03:43:49 AM

ESPN
FX
History Channel
Military Channel
Comedy Central

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 09, 2007, 06:08:18 AM

1.Discovery HD
2.NFL Network
3.HBO
4.A&E
5.ESPN

#13 : May 10, 2007, 01:39:43 PM

NFL network
ESPN
ESPN2
TV Land
Discovery

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 10, 2007, 02:55:36 PM

ESPN
FX
History Channel
HBO
Adult On Demand
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Top 5 Most Watched Cable/Satellite TV Channels « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools