Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any NASCAR fans? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: May 09, 2007, 01:52:01 AM

I've been watching for a few years now and I'm a Jeff Gordon fan.  It is amazing to me that a guy who is doing so well can be berated so much by opposing fans.  The big talk now is that Hendrick Motorsports are dominating too much and it is causing races to be boring.  Funny thing is, if Junior was dominating the races you would never hear any complaints about it.  It is truly amazing that a driver like Junior can be just doing average on the track and be the most popular driver and get the most attention not only from fans, but NASCAR as well.  They pretty much do whatever the guy says.  Until he becomes more consistent and really makes strides in winning a championship, I don't think he deserves the attention or the accolades. 

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 09, 2007, 03:45:59 AM

The fans miss his Dad and Junior is the natural pick for them

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 09, 2007, 06:06:14 AM

I like Kenseth. I consider him under rated.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#3 : May 09, 2007, 08:46:43 AM

I've become more and more of a nascar fan lately, my picks are Junior, Stewart and Khane

#4 : May 09, 2007, 04:54:09 PM

The majority of people who feel like Chrispy > Nascar fans.  ::)

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 09, 2007, 04:54:50 PM

The majority of people who feel like Chrispy > Nascar fans.  ::)

maybe when you grow up and get ur license you'll enjoy racing....

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 09, 2007, 04:55:19 PM

I'm a huge Jr. and Stewart fan. I started watchin Jr. because his dad was the greatest driver ever to watch... Jr. ain't too bad himself. Stewart is just a bad butt and i love it.

Gordon is hated cause he aint from the south and he likes to stick gerbils up his butt.

Hey if you can get behind a guy like that, knock urself out. You rainbow warriors can stay united all ya want.

Still mad about Gordo passing Sr and Jr being pretty much the most overrated driver in NASCAR?

*ducking a half-empty Bud*

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 09, 2007, 04:51:30 PM

Paint drying > Nascar

>your contribution

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 09, 2007, 04:49:05 PM

I'm a huge Jr. and Stewart fan. I started watchin Jr. because his dad was the greatest driver ever to watch... Jr. ain't too bad himself. Stewart is just a bad ass and i love it.

Gordon is hated cause he aint from the south and he likes to stick gerbils up his butt.

Hey if you can get behind a guy like that, knock urself out. You rainbow warriors can stay united all ya want.

#9 : May 09, 2007, 04:35:49 PM

Paint drying > Nascar

Sin City Buc

Second String

#10 : May 09, 2007, 01:16:22 PM

I was a casual nascar fan at best. I followed Rusty Wallace for a few years but I can only take so much round and round for so long. Like many, I morbidly enjoyed the wrecks. I'm a drag racing fanatic. Each race is over in 4-5 seconds with speeds topping 330MPH. It definitely doesn't have the following nascar has but much more exciting to see in person and the pits are accessable to everyone and you can meet any driver you want.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#11 : May 09, 2007, 02:25:49 PM

I like to watch it sometimes, I too enjoy watching for Dale Jr.  he's my pick for a driver, plus he's sponserd by BUDWIESER.. that should be enuf for anyone to like him.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 09, 2007, 02:31:18 PM

I've been watching for a few years now and I'm a Jeff Gordon fan...

Welcome to the cult...

The hatred thing isnt hard to understand. I was a King Richard fan when I was young and when Earnhardt Sr. came along I hated him too. Only difference is the hillbilly element still treats NASCAR like Canadians treat hockey, they don't like newcomers who aren't from their ranks. Gordon, being such a great driver, is the stock car anti-christ to them..

#13 : May 09, 2007, 04:57:42 PM

maybe when you grow up and get ur license you'll enjoy racing....

I owned a car and was driving while you were still pooping your diapers.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 09, 2007, 05:00:01 PM

I'm a huge Jr. and Stewart fan. I started watchin Jr. because his dad was the greatest driver ever to watch... Jr. ain't too bad himself. Stewart is just a bad butt and i love it.

Still mad about Gordo passing Sr and Jr being pretty much the most overrated driver in NASCAR?

*ducking a half-empty Bud*

nah actually i'm not all that mad bout it to speak honestly. i just hate the guy. and i dont think jr. is overrated, just over loved. i think he inherited a lot of fans just for his name, myself partially included.

but i dont think he's overrated, he gets slammed by the media A LOT and i rarely hear other fans say hes the best driver. he's just the face of nascar.

he's an earnhardt and he drives a budweiser car... you can't pick a better person to be the nascar center of attention.

lot better than that midget that drives the rainbow car.

gordon = the french guy from Talladega Nights
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any NASCAR fans? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools