Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any NASCAR fans? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 09, 2007, 05:07:10 PM

I'm a huge Jr. and Stewart fan. I started watchin Jr. because his dad was the greatest driver ever to watch... Jr. ain't too bad himself. Stewart is just a bad butt and i love it.

Gordon is hated cause he aint from the south and he likes to stick gerbils up his butt.

Hey if you can get behind a guy like that, knock urself out. You rainbow warriors can stay united all ya want.

Still mad about Gordo passing Sr and Jr being pretty much the most overrated driver in NASCAR?

*ducking a half-empty Bud*

nah actually i'm not all that mad bout it to speak honestly. i just hate the guy. and i dont think jr. is overrated, just over loved. i think he inherited a lot of fans just for his name, myself partially included.

but i dont think he's overrated, he gets slammed by the media A LOT and i rarely hear other fans say hes the best driver. he's just the face of nascar.

he's an earnhardt and he drives a budweiser car... you can't pick a better person to be the nascar center of attention.

lot better than that midget that drives the rainbow car.

gordon = the french guy from Talladega Nights

LoL

As long as you're not chucking beer at him. That's a shameful waste of alcohol...

I actually like Jr, he's not trying to live off his Dad's success. But #24 and the Hendrick stable is my favorite team. Back from when Kenny Shraeder was there..

DEI inc. will pretty much fold if Jr leaves, Teresa better wise up and realize who's buttering her bread now...

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 09, 2007, 08:20:03 PM

Well, the timing of this thread..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=jb-juniorleaves050907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

original

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 10, 2007, 09:00:30 AM

I really want to like Nascar but there seems to be such a gap between the Chevy cars and all of the others.  It would be better if they balanced out the cars so more wins could come from the non-chevy cars.  I have always been a Ford man and was a Davey Allison Fan.  I also was a Alan Kiwicki fan.  After both died it was time for a break from Nascar and I have tried to get back into it but week after week the is only 1 non chevy in the top 10.  I like all the Rousch drivers but rarely do they have a chance to win due to the chevy domination.  It can't be good for the sport to not have other makers have a chance.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 10, 2007, 12:24:26 PM

That's typical in this sport.   There is always a season when one car company seems to dominate.  I actually tend to think it's the quality drivers Chevy has more than the cars they are driving. 

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#19 : May 10, 2007, 12:31:18 PM

I really want to like Nascar but there seems to be such a gap between the Chevy cars and all of the others. 

well thats what the Car of Tomorrow is supposed to do, its suppose to bring all the cars to a more competitive pace so that everyone has the same chasis but diff engines, but so far Hendrick racing is just one step ahead of everyone else, we'll see as the season goes if the COT is really working

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 10, 2007, 04:19:24 PM

I've been a Jimmie Johnson fan since his rookie year because he's from El Cajon and I owned a home there for about 3 years.  Hey, whatever it takes! :)

I also like David Reutimann because I used to go to the stock car races around here years ago and watched his Daddy and Grandaddy race. 

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 11, 2007, 12:43:56 AM

I drive an 07 Monte Carlo.  But I am not a Nascar fan.  But I love the Watkins Glen area...the wine fields are gorgeous in the Finger Lake regions.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any NASCAR fans? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools