Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 11, 2007, 08:24:57 PM

NBC, TNT> Versus... tells you what americans think. WE HATE HOCKEY but hockey fan doesnt understand that
Who gives a damn??

Don't have a mind of your own?? I feel sorry for you.

Hockey is a MUCH more exciting sport to watch IMO.

You wouldn't know that, because you have never been to an NHL game.

You also don't have an NHL team to root for.

The ESPN bias runs rampant on NBA vs NHL subject as well. They broadcast little, to no hockey highlights.

Go to a hockey game, and then form an opinion. Not that if you actually ENJOYED it, you would tell anybody.

I am an AMERICAN, and I dig hockey.

You are a clown, and you get your butt dug out by any ultra-conservative who waves a "baby killers be damned" sign in your face. Yet, you live in the sickest ultra-lib part of our country.

Your closed-minded attitude is what makes it hard to be a Republican. Who would want to be on the same side as clowns like you?

NBC broadcasts bull riding as well. Guess you prefer that over Hockey.

first off when I was like 5 I went to a stanley cup finals game Vancouver Canucks Rangers in Canada. Going to that then comparing all the nba playoff games Ive seen in Portland its not even near the same.

Then you go on a rant about something republican... first off Im a conservative not a republicrat. Then you tell me about being closeminded well your whole post was closeminded hahaha.

If americans gave a rats crap about hockey it wouldnt be on versus. Facts hurt dont it? Sportscenter spends more time talking about NFL now then the hockey playoffs. AMERICANS DONT LIKE HOCKEY.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 11, 2007, 08:42:21 PM

first off when I was like 5 I went to a stanley cup finals game Vancouver Canucks Rangers in Canada. Going to that then comparing all the nba playoff games Ive seen in Portland its not even near the same.

Sorry but your feelings at five shouldn't compare to what you felt when you got older. That's like saying,
"I went to an all nude, all Republican women, strip club when I was five, but was bored out of my mind."

1994 Finals was an extremely exciting event. Bure was flying.

I love both sports but obviously, hockey just isn't catching on like it should. I don't know why. I could
give some possible reasons but in the end, I don't care. I'll keep watching both.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 11, 2007, 08:44:24 PM

Sorry but your feelings at five shouldn't compare to what you felt when you got older. That's like saying,
"I went to an all nude, all Republican women, strip club when I was five, but was bored out of my mind."

1994 Finals was an extremely exciting event. Bure was flying.

I love both sports but obviously, hockey just isn't catching on like it should. I don't know why. I could
give some possible reasons but in the end, I don't care. I'll keep watching both.

no the game was fun, very exciting. But I remember Blazers vs Spurs Western Conferance finals game from that time more vividly.

#18 : May 11, 2007, 08:49:58 PM

I like hoc-key.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 11, 2007, 10:02:14 PM

If americans gave a rats crap about hockey it wouldnt be on versus. Facts hurt dont it? Sportscenter spends more time talking about NFL now then the hockey playoffs. AMERICANS DONT LIKE HOCKEY.
Just because Americans don't like hockey more, doesn't mean it's not better. You will never go broke underestimating the taste of the American public .... See NASCAR, American Idol, Survivor, Regis & Whoever...

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 12, 2007, 10:01:05 AM

NBC, TNT> Versus... tells you what americans think. WE HATE HOCKEY but hockey fan doesnt understand that
Who gives a damn??

The ESPN bias runs rampant on NBA vs NHL subject as well. They broadcast little, to no hockey highlights.

Go to a hockey game, and then form an opinion. Not that if you actually ENJOYED it, you would tell anybody.

You are a clown, and you get your butt dug out by any ultra-conservative who waves a "baby killers be damned" sign in your face. Yet, you live in the sickest ultra-lib part of our country.

Your closed-minded attitude is what makes it hard to be a Republican. Who would want to be on the same side as clowns like you?

Then you go on a rant about something republican... first off Im a conservative not a republicrat. Then you tell me about being closeminded well your whole post was closeminded hahaha.

5 huh??

I'm sure you knew what the hell was going on in that game.

Once again.......... I AM AMERICAN, and I LIKE HOCKEY. There are more than just myself. In other words, AMERICANS like hockey. Most who don't are ignorant clowns like you who aren't familiar with the game.

ESPN?? Please.........ESPN SUCKS.

Glad you let the **CENSORED**bags over there decide your taste in sports. Have fun with your WNBA and PBA.

Nothing closed minded about my post. Just stating how it is.

Let me know when you're ready to tell us aboput how great the Pac 1 is going to be in football this year.

You have ZERO objectivity......... SEE: Oregon/Oklahoma '06. Please tell us all again how Oklahoma didn't get the worst rim job in recent memory.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 12, 2007, 06:02:05 PM

Who gives a damn??

5 huh??

I'm sure you knew what the hell was going on in that game.

Once again.......... I AM AMERICAN, and I LIKE HOCKEY. There are more than just myself. In other words, AMERICANS like hockey. Most who don't are ignorant clowns like you who aren't familiar with the game.

ESPN?? Please.........ESPN SUCKS.

Glad you let the **CENSORED**bags over there decide your taste in sports. Have fun with your WNBA and PBA.

Nothing closed minded about my post. Just stating how it is.

Let me know when you're ready to tell us aboput how great the Pac 1 is going to be in football this year.

You have ZERO objectivity......... SEE: Oregon/Oklahoma '06. Please tell us all again how Oklahoma didn't get the worst rim job in recent memory.

Now your going on about Oregon/Oklahoma... whats next?

Ask Billy Melrose would he rather have games on Versus or ESPN.

Yeah ESPN sucks lets all tune are TV to Versus... oh wait half of us dont have it or know if we have it.

Have fun with the WNBA or PBA... we dont have either.

AMERICANS LIKE BASKETBALL, FOOTBALL BASEBALL, GOLF and hell probably Soccer more. Facts hurt.

Ill count tonight on SC when the first time they mention hockey... my guess it starts with Basketball, nascar, nfl, curling, soccer, speed skating then maybe Hockey.

I know it hurts you to see Bingo on primetime TV instead of Hockey

Ill make sure I put my Vladimir pasgjlabshsi jersey on tonight

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 13, 2007, 03:12:02 AM

I've only been to basketball playoffs. No hockey playoffs, unfortunately.

I went to Rockets vs. Knicks, Game 5, in 1994. It was amazing! That's the
night OJ decided to make a break for it.

I also went to some Knicks playoff games in the 80s when Bernard King was
in top form. Great games.

I watched the replay of the Warriors today and it was great. And the Spurs game
was great too. There is more screaming fans during the basketball games. It
just feels more energetic.

The hockey games have tons of energy too but there are lots of lulls when no
goals are being scored. Defensive games are good too but sometimes the crowd
falls asleep for a bit. Maybe that's why NBA does better on tv.

And by the way Oregon, NBC has hockey so it's just not Versus.

There is NOTHING like Overtime, playoff hockey.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 13, 2007, 04:37:05 AM

If you like Hockey, cool.  My GFs parents, her sisters all LOVE Hockey.  I hate it.  I have honestly tried, but I cannot seem to get a grasp for it.  I can't seem to love it like most of my fellow North Country neighbors seem to.  I have met Craig Conroy, not a big deal.  He is a down to earth dude though...he is married to a buddy of mines ex girlfriend.  He re-did a local Italian Resteraunt.  He is a hit in my area.

Hockey is cool I guess. 

But with that said, to me, subjectivity speaking here, NBA is > Hockey.

No big deal, no me saying "Hockey sucks".

Rock on.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 14, 2007, 08:25:18 AM

OBF:

I will bring up Oregon/OK in EVERY disagreement that I have with you. It proves your complete lack of objectivity.

SC devotes 150 seconds to the NHL every night. I will not dispute that, but ESPN sucks balls.

I guess "Ricky Williams gets high" (shocker, I know) is bigger news than the NBA playoffs, because that crap is getting more play on SC than anything esle.

Your argument is weak. "NBA is better, because ESPN said so."

I have been to NUMEROUS NBA and NHL games. You have NOT.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 14, 2007, 01:09:52 PM

OBF:

I will bring up Oregon/OK in EVERY disagreement that I have with you. It proves your complete lack of objectivity.

SC devotes 150 seconds to the NHL every night. I will not dispute that, but ESPN sucks balls.

I guess "Ricky Williams gets high" (shocker, I know) is bigger news than the NBA playoffs, because that crap is getting more play on SC than anything esle.

My argument weak... look up how many americans watch the NBA playoffs, look how many watch the NHL. Then tell me its weak

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 14, 2007, 01:29:46 PM

OBF:

My argument weak... look up how many americans watch the NBA playoffs, look how many watch the NHL. Then tell me its weak
THAT IS A WEAK ARGUMENT.

This is not about what is more popular, it is about which is more enjoyable.

You have no argument other than the dead horse that you are beating.

You have not been to an NHL game since you were 5.

Nuff said.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 14, 2007, 03:41:32 PM

Nothing....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 14, 2007, 03:51:18 PM

Well, except Game 6 in 1986...

From disaster to elation in a few pitches.

Little roller up along first...

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 14, 2007, 03:53:11 PM

Nothing....

quack

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools