Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Just Heard Gruden's Post-Game Interview « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #30 : October 30, 2006, 03:11:23 PM »

First five possesions:
1. run   pass pass
2. run   pass run
3. pass pass pass
4. run   run   pass
5. pass run  pass   12:04 remaining 1st half

9 passes, 6 runs, 5 straight 3 and outs. From a logical standpoint you might say that since we passed so much more on these possesions that passing was not effective, not rushing. Gruden came out  passing from the beginning. He made us one dimensional. Thats what the defense usually tries to do, isn't it?

This years motto is THROW THR ROCK!

Does 3 more passes than runs really prove your point? 9 passes versus 6 rushes is not a large disparity(it certainly isn't one dimensional), and from the first two possession it was a balanced attack. Maybe if they had at least netted a first down, by that point he'd have run the ball more. Second guess all you want, but neither 'run, run, pass' nor 'pass, run, pass'  had any success.

bucs63

Starter
« #31 : October 30, 2006, 03:24:56 PM »

My post was addressing an earlier post that said we weren't sustaining drives while we were running the ball. If you want to call the 5 3 and outs "while we were running the ball"  we still passed more. Then we became on dimensional, with 12 minutes left in the 1st half

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #32 : October 30, 2006, 03:25:13 PM »

I just listened to it and I did not hear that comment. I heard him say that the weather was a big factor, but he also clarifies why he threw the ball so many times. They were trying to take advantage of the wind.

"It was hard to do anything with the football today besides hand it off"

His quote exactly and it is in black and white on the website. Regardless of what was previous to or following that quote, it is ridiculous! I guess you were in the bathroom or something, when you missed it.

idiot. He means the only successful thing they could do without someone dropping the f-ing ball was hand it off. He doesn't.....nevermind. [banghead]

Put any kind of spin on it that you want...azz___!

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #33 : October 30, 2006, 03:28:26 PM »

what did you want to see? more 3 and outs in the second half? C'mon, you can't wear down a defense when you offense doesn't stay on the field.

Easy answer here, we scored 3 points and if the NYG don't jump offsides we get blanked. Whatever we did yesterday there was, in all likelyhood, a better gameplan to be had. What was called was not adequate. Even SF hung 10 on a CHI defense that is better than the NYG defense, and that is comparing the not banged up like it was yesterday NYG defense to the Bears.

the point Dalbuc, was that we weren't sustaining drives at all while running the ball. We had what 5 or 6 straight 3 and outs early on? So the whole 'wear a team down using the run' strategy goes out the window if you can't keep the other defense on the field. So my question to the original poster( Bucs and Bolts)was what would running the ball in the second half have done?

We will never know because we never tried!

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #34 : October 30, 2006, 03:40:29 PM »

My post was addressing an earlier post that said we weren't sustaining drives while we were running the ball. If you want to call the 5 3 and outs "while we were running the ball" we still passed more. Then we became on dimensional, with 12 minutes left in the 1st half

Did I say while we were running the ball ONLY? The point was there was no success running the ball or throwing it.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Just Heard Gruden's Post-Game Interview « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools