Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What in the hell is wrong with people?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : May 13, 2007, 01:12:46 AM

Really; well alot of times "stats" don't accurately tell what went on in a ball game and you would have to actually have WATCHED it to know the truth.

#31 : May 13, 2007, 01:14:16 AM

Not really, I mean sure you won't know specifics, but at the end of the day I'll take my copy of Moneyball over Joe Morgan's "I DON'T NEED STATS." anyday.

#32 : May 13, 2007, 01:16:46 AM

And statistics are much like a poll, they only go by what was being reported and do not represent the overall big picture of what was not reported but that still exists.

#33 : May 13, 2007, 01:18:08 AM

Polls are matter of opinions, stats are facts. I fail to see your point in arguing this, you may say you see more crime, but statiscally it's the same, perhaps you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I honestly can't remember the last time I had someone I know either experience or witness a crime.

#34 : May 13, 2007, 01:23:19 AM

^
Trust me there is waaaaaay more going on than you know about; and I just happen to stay informed by reading newspapers, the internet, and watching the local news like 5 million other people do. Not to mention I have been a victim of crime myself in the past as well as several other people I know really well.

#35 : May 13, 2007, 01:29:16 AM

Right. You do realize that you're reallly answering your own question about why you seemingly hear more crime, correct?

#36 : May 13, 2007, 01:37:38 AM

If you checkout this link you will see that murder and violent crimes in the Bay area are UP and higher than the national average. Also, alot of times city leaders will report that everything is all "peachy" and that crime is down, so that they don't receive any negative publicity that would scare people off from moving here.

http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Tampa&state=FL

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 13, 2007, 01:55:00 AM

That's from 2003.

Sorry Chrispy but you're talking about seeing something on the news and then you go and
tell us that there are violent crimes that go on but are not reported. Or am I reading your
words wrong?

You're just wrong on this. RJ is trying to be nice. Your perception means zilch when it
comes to the real, up-to-date, statistics. Crime is down in Florida and Tampa.

Does that mean you should go take a walk through the projects? Use your head.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What in the hell is wrong with people?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools