Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paris Hilton will probably get less time in jail « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: May 12, 2007, 06:07:18 PM

Paris Hilton may not serve full sentence
Fri May 11, 7:50 AM ET

Paris Hilton may spend far less than 45 days in county jail for violating probation because of state policies and jail overcrowding, authorities said Thursday.

Hilton, sentenced last week to do the time, could spend three weeks or less behind bars because of a state requirement that grants inmates time off for good behavior and because of overcrowding in the system, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

"It's possible that it could be 21 days, 23 days. It's a complicated formula that the state sets down. It's possible that she could do less time," Whitmore told The Associated Press.

As for overcrowding, "our jail is bursting at the seams" and some women inmates have been released after serving only 10 percent of their sentence, Whitmore said.

Last year, "Lost" actress Michelle Rodriguez was sentenced to 60 days in jail for violating probation after her drunken driving arrest in Hawaii. She was released in hours because of overcrowding.

Hilton's time will be determined when she is booked into the county system, Whitmore said.

She will not receive any favors because she is a celebrity, he added.

"She will be treated like any other inmate who's classified as a low-level security risk," Whitmore told the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the development on its Web site.

A call to Hilton's publicist seeking comment was not immediately returned.

Hilton, 26, was sentenced last week for violating the terms of her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. A judge ordered her to report to the women's jail in Lynwood by June 5.

Hilton intends to appeal and her fans have posted a petition on the Internet urging Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070511/ap_on_en_tv/paris_hilton_16

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 12, 2007, 07:18:31 PM

I've been stressing out about this all week. What a relief!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 12, 2007, 07:21:26 PM

her fans have posted a petition on the Internet urging Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her.

wow...just........WOW.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : May 12, 2007, 07:59:45 PM

After reading that whole article I realized I don't give a crap!

#4 : May 12, 2007, 08:05:08 PM

http://music.yahoo.com/promos/topevents/
...asked her fans to sign a petition urging California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her because she provides "beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives"

I for one don't know how I'll be able to carry on with the dreary tedium of my mundane life without the 'beauty and excitement' of this big hook-nosed bee otch.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 12, 2007, 08:20:25 PM

I dont see what is so special about her but I also dont see why she is hated so much. I mean the things people say about her are some of the nastiest things I've ever heard. I know someone that met her once (has the autograph and picture to prove it) and said that she was actually quite nice.

Like people have said, she and Nicole Richie should make a new reality show over this...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 12, 2007, 08:59:53 PM

People always have reasons to hate certain celebrities. I don't hate her and I don't love her.
And I don't like her. I just don't care. But I DO like one or two of her movies. The ones
that weren't released.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : May 12, 2007, 09:06:23 PM

The ones done with night vision, Joe?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 13, 2007, 11:15:57 AM

I dont see what is so special about her but I also dont see why she is hated so much. I mean the things people say about her are some of the nastiest things I've ever heard. I know someone that met her once (has the autograph and picture to prove it) and said that she was actually quite nice.

Like people have said, she and Nicole Richie should make a new reality show over this...

I used to think she was hot in that slutty way so my boy who's a radio dj got her on the phone for me the night of my birthday a few years ago and she was actually pretty damn nice.

on a side note... i accidentally cursed out kelly clarkson cause he played a prank on me and i didnt know it was her....damn.

#9 : May 12, 2007, 11:27:55 PM

PEOPLE HATE HER BECAUSE SHE IS FAMOUS JUST FOR BEING FAMOUS.  SHE HAS ZERO TALENT. HER CD SUCKED, AND SHE IS PROBABLY MOST FAMOUS FOR A SEX TAPE THAT SOLD ABOUT 5X AS MANY COPIES AS HER CD!  SHE CAN'T SING, SHE CAN'T ACT, AND FROM WHAT MY DAD SAYS HER SEX TAPE WASN'T VERY GOOD EITHER.  SHE BASICALLY SUCKS AT LIFE. 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : May 12, 2007, 11:36:43 PM

Now that was a good post.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 13, 2007, 04:16:27 PM

How did Kelly handle that? That's funny.

Het Jackson, I have Paris' CD on my I Pod. I have it hooked up to a timer so that when
morning comes, I am woken up by the Paris CD. God, I love that! Great music!

#12 : May 13, 2007, 06:20:25 PM

I LOVE it that she was sentenced to jail and hope she has to do the entire 45 days; what a worthless bimbo.  :-

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 14, 2007, 08:10:26 AM

I LOVE it that she was sentenced to jail and hope she has to do the entire 45 days; what a worthless bimbo. :-

You will be lucky if she does a week. She's more of a pain to the system than anything else. The jail needs to devote resources (that they dont have) to protect her from other inmates. The corrections dept is going to want her out as soon as they can get her out. The jails are already well over capacity. That's what happends when we have a criminal justice system that seems to be more concerned about throwing prostitutes, johns, or drug addicts in jail rather than drug dealers or drug traffickers. The jails get overcrowded and soon nobody is serving even 10% of their sentence anymore.

#14 : May 14, 2007, 04:26:03 PM

I am just sooo freakin tired of rich bratty celebs walking around and doing whatever the hell they feel like with no consequences!!  [banghead]
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paris Hilton will probably get less time in jail « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools