Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to expect from FA? « previous next »
Page: 1

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

: October 30, 2006, 02:54:03 PM

I expect mostly a Defensive draft... And an Offensive FA...

$$$

tropicalswarm

Practice Squad

#1 : October 30, 2006, 02:52:29 PM

Just wondering what fellow buc fans expect in the offseason.do you expect a spending spree like the redskins do every year?do you expect most of the money to go on offense and neglect the defense?do you think the glazers will go all out to get the ship righted or do you think they're to distracted with man u.?just looking for opinion...one thing is for sure we all want to get back to being a team people fear consistently again.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 30, 2006, 05:46:33 PM

ALOT depends on who is available.  From extensions to the tag to players meeting certain conditions thus voiding their contract or others just plain being cut.  But from the names available for FA I'd try to get:

DB: Nate Clements or  Asante Samuel
OL: Lenard Davis
LB Lance Briggs
K: Hope and pray a good name gets cut.

I don't see any DT's that I would drop a bank on nor that are much of an improvement over Hovan and Wyms. Unless Rodges from Detroit is cut or such, DT will have to be in the draft.

Of course, alot also depends on our draft pick. A top 3 pick makes you think differant than a #10 pick.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 30, 2006, 05:51:44 PM

I expect this D to get blown up and for us to be on a spending spree.. if not.. I will just loses total respect for our team.

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 30, 2006, 05:56:08 PM

Well they need to actually spend money instead of looking for bargain FA pickups like Fonoti,Boston,Hovan,Bryant & Bolden. Show some stud players the $$$$ and try to get Tony Gonzalez from KC.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 30, 2006, 06:00:34 PM

I think I would rather take YOUNG guys..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 30, 2006, 07:07:33 PM

They will go for guys coming off their rookie contracts with starter potential, and that costs big $$$.  Gruden needs to turn this team around for next season and they need starters, not projects.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#7 : October 30, 2006, 07:16:46 PM

I think we're going to spend the cash this year.  And the reason is because we finally have it!  I really think we could end up with Nate Clements and Lance Briggs on D and possibly some name guys on O.  Maybe a speed receiver?  Or a Tackle?  Or a Center?

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to expect from FA? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools