Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jermaine O'Neal to the Knicks?!?!!?!!?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Fresh

Hall of Famer

: May 13, 2007, 07:55:09 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NBA&columnid=38&articleid=28188

Indiana Pacers

Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune says that Jermaine O'Neal has told the Pacers he wants to go play for Isiah Thomas and the Knicks. O'Neal was irate when the Pacers let Zeke go a few years ago and there is talk about moving him straight up for Stephon Marbury, or in a package that would include Steve Francis, Jared Jeffries and Channing Frye. The Pacers are desperate for a point guard, but I'm not sure they want to take on a potential headache like Francis or Marbury while losing one of the most sought after players in the league. Stay tuned.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#1 : May 13, 2007, 08:05:01 PM

Whatever happened to Francis? God how the mighty have fallen.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 13, 2007, 08:21:10 PM

Whatever happened to Francis? God how the mighty have fallen.
yeah he did, he was a beast with Orlando and the Rockets. He doesn't even start nor play with the Knicks.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 13, 2007, 08:25:10 PM

The Knicks are like the Redskins. They just spend every year and they still suck
C- Eddie Curry
PF- Jermaine O'neal
SF- David Lee
SG- Quentin Richardson
PG- Stephon Marybury
that would be a sick backcourt

#4 : May 13, 2007, 08:28:46 PM

At least the NBA 2k8 version of the Knicks would be unstoppable.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 13, 2007, 08:38:09 PM

Str8 up for Marbury? I do that in a second! And I do the other group in a second too.

I know O'Neal and Garnett are on the Knicks' radar. Between those two, who do you
take, if given a choice?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 13, 2007, 10:01:02 PM

Garnett hands down. Unless your trying to save Cap than Oneal

#7 : May 13, 2007, 10:02:26 PM

The Knicks cap situation is to hell and back, if they're going big, go KG, unless they just want JO'N.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 14, 2007, 12:09:24 AM

The Knicks' cap...

http://www.nysun.com/article/52343

I'm embarrassed by some of the numbers in that article.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 14, 2007, 12:40:53 AM

That is the topic right now...has been for a few months.  O'Neal to the Knicks.  I think it is going to happen.  WIll it make them any better?  Who knows.

The Bulls could sure use him though...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 14, 2007, 01:24:12 AM

Curry and O'Neal? Yeah, it will help.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 14, 2007, 01:36:03 AM

Curry and O'Neal? Yeah, it will help.
Curry is the worst defensive rebounding guy I have ever seen.

And he ius a tank...and I watched him for years on the Bulls.  Me and my buddy Bill watch Knicks games on YES Network all the time...in the beginning, he was all, "Curry is awesome!".  I said watch.  The guy is lazy.  He can score, because that is all he wants to do.  HE is a better O-rebounder than defensive.  For a guy that big, he should be grabbing 12 boards a game...near the top.  But nope.  He only becomes active when he is on offense, and in the paint.  6'10", long arms, huge, can move a bit, strong as an ox, very young...no defense.

And then he has top share the load with Jermaine in the paint?  That is why I said wait and see...I am almost willing to think that Curry shudders at the thought.  Curry is a guy who needs the ball to thrive.  SO is Jermaine.  So who knows.  It might help, but it might not pan out as well as most would think.  The Knicks are clearly on the up and up anyway.  If they did not lose Craw and ESPESCIALLY David Lee, they would have been in the playoffs.  Lee is the kind of true Junkyard Dog they need.  He hustles, grabs a TON of rebounds from both sides of the court (consider his PT), and he plays tough on defense, and scrambles to loose balls, is a nice shot...he is a perfect fit with Curry, who NEEDS the ball.  The problem with the KNicks is very simple.  MOney is being spent on guards.   Nobody wants to touch Francis with a seven foot pole because he makes a boatload of money.  His contract (much like Allen HOustons) is stupid bad.  Isiah is still no genius.

But next year, I can see the KNicks inching towards that mid forty win mark...but they need to move Francis badly.  Isiah will definitely try to package him in a bad deal...as usual.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 14, 2007, 02:41:33 AM

Curry improved a lot this year. But yes, he needs to improve on D and D rebounding.
You bring up a good pt. with him needing the ball. Maybe JO is not a good move?

I love David Lee and I like Balkman and Collins. The injury bug was harsh:

Crawford
Lee
Q. Rich
Marbury (at the end)

It was tough to watch the end of the year but they fought pretty good with the
back-ups. It was great getting playing time for Collins and Balkman. I think
Collins starts at PG and Marbury is shooting guard. If he stays. If not, then
Crawford is the SG.

Things looking up...

I hope! I had some fun watching games this past year. That was good enough
for me. My standards are low right now with them.

Isiah is a great evaluator of talent but his vet. acquisitions have been abominable.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 14, 2007, 06:52:34 PM

I forgot about Crawford

TEAMCALI

Starter

#14 : May 15, 2007, 10:51:43 AM

take it easy garnett is coming the the Lakers....   ( I wish )

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jermaine O'Neal to the Knicks?!?!!?!!?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools