Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roger Waters « previous next »
Page: 1

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

: May 19, 2007, 12:55:34 PM

Show is tonight.......

Can't wait.

Saw him last time he was in town, and thought it was good, but not great. I think most of that had to do with the show being at the Forum. I ain't gonna sugar coat it though......... His voice isn't what it used to be.

This show is at the Ford Ampitheatre, and I expect it to sound much better.

I'm excited to hear "Sheep". According to what i haveread, it has been on the setlist of every other show on this tour.

He is also going to perform all of "DSOTM"

Anyone else going??

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Simms2Clayton

Practice Squad

#1 : May 20, 2007, 12:41:04 AM

saw him last year. Best show I've ever been to. In case you haven't already, his solo career is really worth checking out

replica

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 20, 2007, 08:47:54 AM

How was it?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 21, 2007, 07:24:05 AM

The show was GREAT depending upon where your seats were.

We had 4 super-great-special-close-up-VIP-Box seats, and 3 lawn seats.

We drew straws for the good seats, with the intention of doing some ticket stub swapping, and trying to get eveyone in our party up close.

I had a date, and we ended up on the lawn. I didn't mind one bit, and really didn't care too much about getting up close.

Those feelings changed pretty damn quickly.

The speakers out on the lawn were cutting in and out during the first two songs. They soon turned them off completely. This was not good. I need my concerts LOUD. I figured that they would fix the problem, and my gf insisted for me not to worry, but I was already bummed about missing (if I remember correctly) "In the Flesh", "Mother", and "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun". I believe he started playing "Have a Cigar", when my fury began to boil over. We sat through all of this until he started with his solo career crap, that may be good, but I really could care less about. I knew that following his 3-4 "non-Floyd" songs, he would be playing "Sheep", and I would be damned if I didn't get some good sound for that song.

We were unable to make the move in time for me to hear the song I wanted to hear more than antyhing else on the setlist. [banghead]

We then spent the time during the intermission, "Breathe", and "Time" formulating our plan, which we exercised during the middle of "The Great Gig in the Sky".

We got to spend the rest of the show in the super-cool seats, and it was FREAKING SWEET! Sound was remarkable, and his show was visually MUCH better than when I saw him the last time he was here in Tampa.

"Us and Them" was the highlight of the show for me. It sounded remarkable.

I have little doubt that if I had been in the good seats from the beginning, this would have been the most enjoyable concert that I had ever attended.

Rock on.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

replica

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 21, 2007, 07:26:28 AM

Thanks for the review, sounds like a classic.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roger Waters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools