Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Buck... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

superbuc

Practice Squad
: May 19, 2007, 05:21:33 PM

Not a bad announcer...a little smug and too cute sometimes for my taste....

Just referred to the Mets crew-cuts as a "hairdo".  Do any male athletes have hairdo's??? 

I guess that's why Buck is a jock-sniffer and not on the field ;D

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 19, 2007, 05:44:10 PM

He is one announcer who does not make my ears bleed.

#2 : May 19, 2007, 05:46:25 PM

He's also on Giambi's nuts, and he's a horrible announcer IMO.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 19, 2007, 05:53:44 PM

I can't stand Joe Buck. Mainly because he sounds so bored calling football games yet acts as though baseball games are much more exciting. I understand preferring one sport to another, but come on, nobody can say that a baseball game is more entertaining to watch than an NFL game. You don't see people falling asleep in the stands at an NFL game, that's for sure.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 19, 2007, 06:41:54 PM

He is ok on MLB, but putting him on the Fox pregame show in place of JB was a HUGE mistake. He just seems horrible out of place and unconfortable there.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#5 : May 19, 2007, 08:36:27 PM

Buck should stick to doing strictly St. Louis Cardinals games...

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 19, 2007, 10:19:50 PM

Yea horrible announcers get the "Prime" games on FOX NFL Sunday and MLB's Game of the Week.

Horrible is Chris Collensworth, Bryant Gumble, Brian Bollinger, and a few other Fox and CBS announcers.
NOT Madden, Micheals, Buck, Aikman and Simms.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 20, 2007, 02:27:48 PM

too cute sometimes for my taste....

??? what in the hell does that mean?

Buck is top 2 in terms of lead guys in the booth, guy is money.

#8 : May 20, 2007, 02:32:07 PM

too cute sometimes for my taste....

??? what in the hell does that mean?

Buck is top 2 in terms of lead guys in the booth, guy is money.
Wait are we talking Fox, CBS or are we throwing in TBS / FSNs if so, play by play guys at the top of list include Chip Carray and Dwayne Staats.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#9 : May 20, 2007, 02:53:49 PM

Yea horrible announcers get the "Prime" games on FOX NFL Sunday and MLB's Game of the Week.

Horrible is Chris Collensworth, Bryant Gumble, Brian Bollinger, and a few other Fox and CBS announcers.

I about spit out my drink at the sight of that name included amongst the good list.

He belongs up there next to Chris C.

#10 : May 20, 2007, 02:58:44 PM

At least Madden somewhat knows what he's talking about. Somewhat.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : May 20, 2007, 03:01:21 PM

At least Madden somewhat knows what he's talking about. Somewhat.
That must have come in the last couple years when I muted his ass and put on the radio.  Because when I used to watch games he called, he rarely called a player by the correct name, and only occasionally made any sense.  He stuttered often, and said "Boom" and "Bam" way too much.  He is annoying and one of the worst announcers in the league IMO.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 20, 2007, 08:25:33 PM

Joe Buck should stick to blowin choir boys and leave the NFL play by play alone.

He sucks. I remember two years ago Buck spent a good 10 minutes talking about what great hair Jeremy Shockey has.

What kinda gay junk is that? I dont wanna hear that crap while I'm watchin a pro football game.

The problem is, Buck is used to having to find stuff to talk about to keep the audience entertained during horribly boring baseball games. Football games dont need that because it's exciting.

And Madden, yes, has forgotten more about football than we'll ever know... however his play by play skills are only good for a laugh anymore.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 20, 2007, 11:26:05 PM

I about spit out my drink at the sight of that name included amongst the good list.

He belongs up there next to Chris C.

I love listening to John Madden, yes he may be old and slow but he's still a top featured voice in sports and deserves to be.

Madden/Micheals/Summerall > Everyone else all time, before and after today.

If you don't like him because he doesn't ever give any Buc love that's fine, but on our two greatest days of them all, he sure did give us all do respect.

The guys a legend in the booth and has laid a foundation of what a "Color" guy is supposed to be.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#14 : May 20, 2007, 11:33:52 PM

Madden is a buffoon.

Maybe one day a LONG time ago he used to be a good announcer, but the last 10+ years he has been miserable.  Madden/Summerall team was the worst team IMO.  Summerall seemed like he had Alzheimers. 

Most people I know dreaded when he went to MNF. A lot quit watching, or switched off the volume and turned on the radio (like I did). 

It was great to see him off MNF, but now he is on SNF which is just as bad.  Michaels deserves better.  Madden is a name, but he is far from a great color guy. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Buck... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools