Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Buck... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 20, 2007, 11:43:27 PM

Madden is a buffoon.

Maybe one day a LONG time ago he used to be a good announcer, but the last 10+ years he has been miserable. Madden/Summerall team was the worst team IMO. Summerall seemed like he had Alzheimers.

Most people I know dreaded when he went to MNF. A lot quit watching, or switched off the volume and turned on the radio (like I did).

It was great to see him off MNF, but now he is on SNF which is just as bad. Michaels deserves better. Madden is a name, but he is far from a great color guy.

I guess his "Name" is all he's worth to some, but it seems to me it's more than that which keeps him at the top.
How about Nationwide respect and likeness. I guess not all people hate him cause he can't remeber number 44's name from
the Cardinals. Who's number 44 anyway? I don't hear him make too many mistakes when he's talkin' about everyday players.
And he still points out feesable angles and topics. He fluffs alot, but he's still better than 99.9% of the other guys.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 21, 2007, 10:37:30 PM

Most people I know dreaded when he went to MNF. A lot quit watching,

how can anyone call themselves a man if they stop watching a football game b/c they dont like the announcer?!?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#17 : May 22, 2007, 03:53:28 PM

I'm sure it's not the only factor but it didn't help.  I think more just muted his ass like I did.  MNF isn't  what it used to be anyway. I didn't watch a lot of games last year.  Seems like a lot of times the games aren't  that good.

The NFL has given the Sunday night games better games than Monday these days.....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Buck... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools