Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brawl breaks out at Disney World « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: May 22, 2007, 10:01:16 PM

May 22. 2007 2:24PM

Deputy tasers teen in Disney brawl
ASSOCIATED PRESS

ORLANDO -- Five people reportedly spat on and swore at Walt Disney World patrons then allegedly punched a sheriff's deputy in the face, officials said.

The suspects, all from Shirley, N.Y., ranged in age from 20 to 14 years old. Disney security told authorities they may have been intoxicated.

Security detained the five Sunday after complaints in the Space Mountain area, according to police documents. An all-out brawl broke out when the Orange County sheriff's deputy arrived to help, the incident report said.

The five were in a Disney security office when the deputy arrived, and Brian Guilfoil, 19, was threatening security, according to the report. The officer intervened, and the rest of the suspects allegedly rushed over.

"I was punched in the face with closed fists several times by all the defendants," the deputy wrote. "I defended myself by throwing counter punches in their faces and bodies in an attempt to break free."

The suspects surrounded the deputy and intermittently attacked as he turned, the report said.

The deputy used a Taser stun gun on a 17-year-old girl after she allegedly punched a security officer, and then everyone came under control, according to the report.

All five were arrested on charges of battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence. The 17-year-old also faced charges of battery on a uniformed officer.

Guilfoil and Rose DiPietro, 20, were each released Monday on $2,300 bail. The Associated Press is withholding the names of the other three young suspects. Authorities would not say Tuesday if the youths were still in custody.

A telephone message left at DiPietro and Guilfoil's telephone number was not immediately returned Tuesday.

"Behavior like this is not tolerated at the Walt Disney World resort," Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said. "That's why we rely on the Orange County Sheriff's Office to assist us in situations like these."

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#1 : May 23, 2007, 12:13:38 AM

Lol. The sad part is that that is probably more exciting than anything else that goes on at Disney World.

Sorry, but I just don't like the place..

But in all seriousness, the young kids who are taken to Disneyworld probably shouldn't be exposed to that crap and people (the morons who were arrested) should act more responsibly.

kapmorg

Starter
#2 : May 23, 2007, 12:57:09 AM

Why am I not surprised that this could happen at the "Happiest place on Earth?"

Maybe its me, but the news is just getting worse with gangs, violence against elderly, murders, etc.

Good thing we have sports that can help us escape from all the negative things that happen in the world... 

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 23, 2007, 08:34:55 AM

Well apparently the people in this brawl were juveniles (age 14-20), yet they were intoxicated. Where did they get that alcohol from?

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#4 : May 23, 2007, 08:43:53 AM

Kaptain Morgan . Putting Ricky Williams up with the rest of those punks is a stretch. Last time I checked, smoking weed only hurt the person doing it.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#5 : May 23, 2007, 04:48:30 PM

I thought this was going to be a Chrispy on vacation home video, after Goofy looked at him wrong or something!!  :D

MBF

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 23, 2007, 04:49:55 PM

I thought this was going to be a Chrispy on vacation home video, after Goofy looked at him wrong or something!! :D
Well played.

#7 : May 23, 2007, 04:50:43 PM

Well apparently the people in this brawl were juveniles (age 14-20), yet they were intoxicated. Where did they get that alcohol from?
Not that hard.

kapmorg

Starter
#8 : May 23, 2007, 09:45:42 PM

Kaptain Morgan . Putting Ricky Williams up with the rest of those punks is a stretch. Last time I checked, smoking weed only hurt the person doing it.

DaBoom,

While I agree smoking pot doesn't hurt anyone, it is a sad case of wasted talent.  Ricky has had many opportunities, but apparently prefers smoking pot over playing football.  If that is his choice, fine.  So be it.  But he shouldn't waste anyone's time or effort into fooling people that he is reformed and wants to play again.  The purpose of the pictures was mainly to show the negative publicity that currently surrounds sports in general.  Most people indicate a strong reason in watching and following sports is to escape the real world.  I was trying to correlate the unfortunate truth that the real world is invading on our sports world. 

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 23, 2007, 11:44:40 PM

Remember intoxicated doesn't always mean alcohol. It could be any substance such as weed or any drug that alters your behavior.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 24, 2007, 08:33:36 AM

figures they were from NY. home of the most obnoxious pieces of crap to ever walk the earth.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brawl breaks out at Disney World « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools