Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just called Silly-ho « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucnut

Hall of Famer
: October 31, 2006, 08:31:26 AM

Keepon, I've been in and out of the car 3 times this morning being a taxi driver, and I still missed your call.   ;D  What kind of response did you get? 

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 31, 2006, 07:52:43 AM

I had to call this morning and get some things off my chest. I yelled a little bit, you have ignorant Bucs fans calling up, who didn't even watch the game wondering why Caddy didn't touch the ball at all in the 3rd quarter. Well, Gruden was going to give him the ball but he put it on the turf, Giants score and now they're down 14-3. You can't just look on the internet and make assumptions about the play-calling. The Bucs are in the 2 minute for ALL OF THE 4th QUARTER!!!!!!!!

Gruden's not going to let a rookie QB dictate weather he throws the pill or not. If the Bucs are down, like they've been all year, he's going to try and throw it when the opportuinity presents itself. If the game is closer, like a few games have been, you've seen the number of touches for Caddy go up.

How many runs did Childress dial up last night? Oh yeah, 12 f-ing times becuse why? I'm not going to answer that. If the Bucs are down 2 scores Gruden's going to pass the ball, LIKE ANY OC WOULD DO.

I wish SR and JF would end that relationship with SIlly-ho. If he made some logical points about the play-calling I could roll with that but it's not, he feeds into the dumba$$ Buc fans who call up wanting Alstott to touch the ball more.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 31, 2006, 07:55:53 AM

ROFLMBAO!!!!  That's what you get for listening... ??? [banghead] ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 31, 2006, 07:57:33 AM

Pound the Rock?  How about build some consistency.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 31, 2006, 07:59:44 AM

How about build some consistency.

We already have consistency.   We consistently pass.   We're 2-1 in the last 3 games.   That ain't bad.

#5 : October 31, 2006, 08:01:41 AM

Pound the Rock?  How about build some consistency.

Consistency takes time.  Considering the youth at the skill positions, it will require more than 4 games.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 31, 2006, 08:36:20 AM

Keepon, I've been in and out of the car 3 times this morning being a taxi driver, and I still missed your call. ;D What kind of response did you get?

He hung up in the middle of him talking. I was making valid points about the play-calling, the fact that the Bucs have been down most of the year, and that Gruden's not going to let a rookie QB dictate what he's going to call. Silly-ho just said he didn't agree with me while hanging up. I wish he would've let me on longer cause I had much more to say. Honestly think he gets scared when callers have logical thoughts.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 31, 2006, 08:43:50 AM

Honestly think he gets scared when callers have logical thoughts.

None of them like that.   They prefer having guys call who can barely put together a coherent sentence.   

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 31, 2006, 08:57:27 AM

Yeah, Keepon, you aren't suppose to show up the host with logical thoughts.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#9 : November 01, 2006, 02:07:01 PM

You are a tougher man than I.  I can't even bring myself to push the Silly-Ho button on the radio.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 01, 2006, 02:09:05 PM

Ah, was it you who called him ignorant?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 01, 2006, 02:12:17 PM

You are a tougher man than I. I can't even bring myself to push the Silly-Ho button on the radio.

exactly....

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#12 : November 01, 2006, 02:46:27 PM

It's because you knew more than the host did.  The host needs to look like the smartest guy so they cut you off.  Sucks doesn't it?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 01, 2006, 03:43:40 PM

Ah, was it you who called him ignorant?

This morning I did yes.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#14 : November 02, 2006, 12:02:25 PM

Sileo hasn't changed in five years.  He's based out of Orlando (no idea how his show got syndicated into Tampa), and appears on 740am weekly in a roundtable discussion once a week with their other on air hosts.

But anyway, even five years ago when I worked in Orlando, it was the exact same things with him: If you disagree with him, you won't get on the air or you'll be hung up on; he'll steer any topic into a racial matter if he can, and he'd much rather play to the Miami crowd than Tampa if he could (but can't now that the U and the Dolphins suck).
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just called Silly-ho « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools