Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1972 Dolphins « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: May 28, 2007, 09:30:38 PM

I just finished watching the "America's Game" featuring this team.  What an amazing run Shula and those guys had.  I had to rewind the Tivo again to find out why an undefeated team had to go on the road to play the AFC championship game.  It seems back then that the conference championship games rotated by division, regardless of your record?!  Man, that didn't seem very fair!?  Regardless, they won the game and the Superbowl.  I have always seen the play where the kicker muffs the kick and then muffs the pass.  I had no idea that it was from the 1972 Superbowl between the Dolphins and Redskins.  The Dolphins were winning by 14 and were attempting to go up by 17-0, to match their 17-0 undefeated season.  One small problem; it backfired!  They were one heck of a "TEAM" though.  Man, I was born in 1971.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1972 Dolphins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools