Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Namath WASTED... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

psymun

Starter
: November 02, 2006, 12:26:32 PM

How the heck did I miss this?

http://www.cryan.com/feature/?36

I think it's from 2003... but I'm not sure...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 02, 2006, 12:27:39 PM

ummmmm yeah, it was HUGE news, not sure how anyone with a sports interest could have missed it, but oh well...

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 02, 2006, 12:31:26 PM

wow that is really old stuff.  I don't know how you missed it, it was all everyone wrote and spoke about for weeks.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 02, 2006, 12:43:42 PM

I don't care how old that is it's still freak'n hilarious! How can anyone act like that on TV?? It's too much....

#4 : November 02, 2006, 01:18:13 PM

How the heck did I miss this?

http://www.cryan.com/feature/?36

I think it's from 2003... but I'm not sure...

Awww...That's cute.   ::)

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 02, 2006, 02:15:51 PM

Damn homey was trashed!

Garv

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 02, 2006, 02:37:55 PM

He's been clean and sober since shortly after that incident. I respect him for that as much as his athletic accomplishments.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 02, 2006, 02:41:53 PM

He's been clean and sober since shortly after that incident. I respect him for that as much as his athletic accomplishments.

JG who in the hell wouldn't be after that? God damn, he was lit up on national television hitting on her hard. I'd be checking in the Betty Ford as soon as I left the stadium....

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 02, 2006, 02:48:58 PM

Joe "Willie" is the MAN!!!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 02, 2006, 03:09:18 PM

Most overrated QB in NFL history

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 02, 2006, 03:13:25 PM

ha ha that was comedy!

Garv

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 02, 2006, 03:20:04 PM

JG who in the hell wouldn't be after that? God damn, he was lit up on national television hitting on her hard. I'd be checking in the Betty Ford as soon as I left the stadium....

LOL True, but he's stuck with it. It's a lifetime battle and he's winning.
I'm a big Namath fan as are many who saw him play at his peak. He was awsome!
But I know how hard it is to battle demons and win a day at a time and I respect him for it. He's a proud example it can be done and that's what I meant to type.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 02, 2006, 05:13:37 PM

MOST OVERRATED? Cmon he was not the greatest but he was great for football!!!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 02, 2006, 06:21:29 PM

MOST OVERRATED? Cmon he was not the greatest but he was great for football!!!

He was a playboy QB in New York. If he was in Kansas City he'd be half as popular. But circumstances being what the are, I'll agree that leading the Jets to victory over Baltimore was a prolific day in NFL history.

Still, I think he gets too much credit for that game just for being quoted as saying "We're gonna win." If you hear him tell the story, that was said more out of frustration than **CENSORED**iness, but the NY media attached the "guarantee" angle to it. Matt Snell and the Jets defense deserve more credit..

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 02, 2006, 06:45:41 PM

I was living in Indonesia at the time that happened.   I saw it and heard it over and over and over.   And they don't even cover the NFL much in Indonesia.   Someone with an interest in sports is just now seeing that for the first time?   Shocking.

I have all the respect in the world for Joe Namath.   Actually, as drunk as he was, he was acting better than 90% of guys worldwide would have acted in that situation.    I blame Kolbert for not having enough discretion to not air an obviously drunk Namath.   I honestly thought she should have been fired for that.   
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Namath WASTED... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools