Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden the offensive guru (32nd ranked scoring offense) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

shall555

Starter

#15 : October 31, 2006, 06:24:31 PM

Since Gradkowski has taken over, we are averaging 15.5 points per game. With Simms we were averaging 9 points. Look at the defenses we have faced this year. 3 are in the top 10 for points allowed. 5 in the top 15. How are we going to score with 3 rookies starting on offense?

Baltimore #3rd ranked / 4th points allowed
Atlanta #17th ranked / 9th points allowed
Carolina #30th ranked / 22nd points allowed
New Orleans #13th ranked / 14th points allowed
Cincy #19th ranked / 12th points allowed
Philly #26th ranked / 21st points allowed
New York #14th ranked / 8th points allowed

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 31, 2006, 08:27:07 PM

G-Snake, there's more love on this board for Gruden than you would have gotten at Woodstock. These guys keep saying, "be patient," "it's a rebuilding year," "the O-line sucks," "nobody can catch." Give me a break Gru-lovers.

Ya need to type in buccaneers.com  - click

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 31, 2006, 08:30:00 PM

Since Gradkowski has taken over, we are averaging 15.5 points per game. With Simms we were averaging 9 points. Look at the defenses we have faced this year. 3 are in the top 10 for points allowed. 5 in the top 15. How are we going to score with 3 rookies starting on offense?

Well, you know, these teams have such good numbers in part because they've played us.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 31, 2006, 11:29:05 PM

Well, you know, these teams have such good numbers in part because they've played us.

I disagree.  The only team on there that has had a below average scoring defense before playing the Bucs was the Eagles.  The Panthers scoring defense is much better than the stats indicate becuase of that crazy 4th quarter scoring fest by the Cowboys a few nights ago.

T

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 01, 2006, 09:24:27 AM

Why does Gruden wake up so early? Whats he really doing in that office? I doubt it's designing plays. Yup, Heroes is the show this season.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 01, 2006, 11:45:53 AM

If you are critical whatsoever, you will be called a a basher..

The attitude that loyalty is lost in the face of question is incredibly ignorant.

We live in a Democracy, wher dissent and debate is key to the GROWTH OF THE BEST IDEAS.

Nothing is accomplished if we all agree, all of time.

Even more, if we were 7-0, we would still have things to improve on.

So for all of those non-thinkers out there that wish to intimidate or dispell critical thought, you should check yourself. Highlighted in those conversations is not fan loyalty, but ignorance and lack of education.

We do not have to agree, but we should respect each other, and our opinions!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Garv

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 01, 2006, 12:02:03 PM

We do not have to agree, but we should respect each other, and our opinions!

True. Assuming that includes those who understand this is a growth process and can see the positives.
This team is going to be a good one shortly, next year I expect. Watching the younger players like Grads, Joseph, Trueblood, Smith, Caddy, Clayton, and Buenning work together towards a dynamic offense we can all be proud of CAN be enjoyable.
Looking forward to a wide open off-season with MILLIONS to spend in FA and a stocked draft CAN be optimisically entertaining.
And when it all clicks? Oh yeah, this time there WILL be some "I told you so's" coming! You BET!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 01, 2006, 01:04:47 PM

What really, really, really worries me about this offense is what I perceive to be a lack of talent at the WR position.

Ok hear me out. Galloway is money, not doubt about that, but hes 34. And what do we have after him? Michael Clayton has become too hit and miss this year and needs to step it up big time, and has to play much more consistently. Then there's Ike Hilliard who only really seems to play on 3rd Down, where to his credit he is real valuable. But after those we only have Maurice Stovall, a 3rd Round Rookie who we dont really know much about at all, and who cant get on the field because hes injured.

My point though is that if Clayton doesnt step it up, and if we dont see Stovall playing well, I just think that we may have to spend our First Rounder on Calvin Johnson. Yes we have huge problems with Defensive age but I think our lack of depth at WR is as concerning. Galloway I think only has 1 more season left after this one, and we need a burner like Johnson to replace him.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 01, 2006, 02:41:59 PM

What really, really, really worries me about this offense is what I perceive to be a lack of talent at the WR position.

Ok hear me out. Galloway is money, not doubt about that, but hes 34. And what do we have after him? Michael Clayton has become too hit and miss this year and needs to step it up big time, and has to play much more consistently. Then there's Ike Hilliard who only really seems to play on 3rd Down, where to his credit he is real valuable. But after those we only have Maurice Stovall, a 3rd Round Rookie who we dont really know much about at all, and who cant get on the field because hes injured.

My point though is that if Clayton doesnt step it up, and if we dont see Stovall playing well, I just think that we may have to spend our First Rounder on Calvin Johnson. Yes we have huge problems with Defensive age but I think our lack of depth at WR is as concerning. Galloway I think only has 1 more season left after this one, and we need a burner like Johnson to replace him.

Tell that to the Patriots.  In an offense where the ball is spread around a lot, individual receivers become less important.  If CJ were still on the board when we picked (which I doubt), I would hope we trade the pick.

shall555

Starter

#24 : November 01, 2006, 03:56:11 PM

We're the 32nd ranked scoring offense because of the shutout and dismal showing by Simms in the first 2 games. With Gradkowski we are now averaging 15.5 points per game, which averages out to a much better ranking than 32nd. I'm not defending our lack of points production but we've got a rookie QB and 2 rookie OL. What do you expect from these guys? Offensive firepower rivaling the Greatest Show on Turf? We left 14+ points on the field against the Giants.

Game 1 - Shut out
Game 2 - 3 points (Our scoring average went up to 1.5 points per game)
Game 3 - 24 points
Game 4 - 21 points
Game 5 - 14 points (The most important stat. A victory)
Game 6 - 23 points (Another victory)
Game 7 - 3 points (We left 14+ points on the field. In terrible weather conditions, games like these are always low scoring affairs.)

We've had 3 games with 20+ points. It doesn't matter if the offense scored them or not. Points are points. We're still paying for the first 2 games of ineptitude, which really brought down the scoring average. Take away those 2 games and we're a decent 17 points per game average, which would've been good enough for a win, in the good ole days.

Goober

Second String

#25 : November 01, 2006, 05:03:28 PM

I said earlier - how long do we give this "genius" to put together a good offense? Is 4 and a half years not enough time???

anyone who puts the word genuis or offensive guru in any posts needs to be ignored. It's rediculous. Your name fits your posts.

At least I know what I am.

Oh, and I can spell, too.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 01, 2006, 05:14:50 PM

In the long term as I have stated before the standard for Gruden to suprass is Les Steckel's offense around here.  By the end of 2007 season I will tell you how things have turned out.

Right now if you look at what shalla pointed out the offense is not as bad many believe.  Once the young guys pull it together on offense they will be okay in my opinion.  17 ppg is respectable but in my opinion at some point the Bucs need to average more than 20 ppg for people to back off on Gruden as an OC.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 01, 2006, 05:54:56 PM

I said earlier - how long do we give this "genius" to put together a good offense? Is 4 and a half years not enough time???

anyone who puts the word genuis or offensive guru in any posts needs to be ignored. It's rediculous. Your name fits your posts.

the MB spelling police is out in force. The fact that I spelled a word incorrectly has no bearing on the fact anyone who describes Gruden as an offensive genius when **CENSORED**ing about him is worthless.

Goober

Second String

#28 : November 02, 2006, 04:01:12 PM

Are you a total moron???  Did you see the quote marks around the word "genious"?  It's called sarcasm.  Look it up.

the MB spelling police is out in force. The fact that I spelled a word incorrectly has no bearing on the fact anyone who describes Gruden as an offensive genius when **CENSORED**ing about him is worthless.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#29 : November 02, 2006, 04:20:44 PM

Daily show rocks. I especially love the Cheney impersonations.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden the offensive guru (32nd ranked scoring offense) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools