Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Captain Obvious says: Colts will lose to the Patriots... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: November 02, 2006, 12:26:32 PM

Patriots may go off for 200 yards on the ground, but the Colts still win.

psymun

Starter
#1 : November 02, 2006, 12:19:58 PM

If the Patriots run the ball...

On ESPN... Forgot the guy's name...

My response is DUH... The Colts have the worst rush defense in the league, and running the ball will keep the ball out of the hands of Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 02, 2006, 12:42:14 PM

I thought Dungy was a defensive guru? Damn, he's coached the team now for 5 years and the D hasn't improved at all. Huh, looks to me like Dungy is winning with Mora Sr's offense.

#3 : November 02, 2006, 01:07:37 PM

If the Patriots run the ball...

On ESPN... Forgot the guy's name...

My response is DUH... The Colts have the worst rush defense in the league, and running the ball will keep the ball out of the hands of Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison...

Peyton had a magical warmup last week, though.  Ooops, so did Brady.  I think the Colts' best chance is to get up early.  If the Pats get on top, I see no way the Colts come back, because that ground attack will eat them alive.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : November 02, 2006, 01:15:58 PM

I thought Dungy was a defensive guru? Damn, he's coached the team now for 5 years and the D hasn't improved at all. Huh, looks to me like Dungy is winning with Mora Sr's offense.
Oh boy, that could start a war...lol

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 02, 2006, 01:17:26 PM

Oh boy, that could start a war...lol
The defense has improved...they always seem to give up less points than the offense scores. ;)

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 02, 2006, 01:26:35 PM

great post.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 02, 2006, 02:16:14 PM

I think the Colts win because no one can stop them.  If you slow the game down by running you limit their chances.  But one mistake and Indy's got you down two scores.  They are quick strike and therefore don't need much time on the field...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 02, 2006, 02:22:04 PM

I think the Colts win because no one can stop them.  If you slow the game down by running you limit their chances.  But one mistake and Indy's got you down two scores.  They are quick strike and therefore don't need much time on the field...

there's no debating that. That's the ONLY reason the Colts win it has nothing to do with the defense.

Sure Dungy might have improved the defensive statistics but when it matters most (playoffs) they can't get to the big game. It's the same old Dungy team that can't get over the hump. It's not a coincidence here folks.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 02, 2006, 02:36:05 PM

Sure Dungy might have improved the defensive statistics but when it matters most (playoffs) they can't get to the big game. It's the same old Dungy team that can't get over the hump. It's not a coincidence here folks.

You figure Dungy and Manning make the most perfect storm of "can't win the big game" you'll ever see short of tossing Marty Schottenheimer into the mix.

hilarious, no question!

Garv

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 02, 2006, 02:36:28 PM

Going to be a GREAT game with the two best QBs inthe NFL going at it.
IF the Colts can beat the Pats in NE, they will be tough to beat for home field advantage in the playoffs and a spot in theSuper Bowl. They could still be there with a loss.
Brady is amazing and will always challenge t win a game.
Looking forward to this one!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 02, 2006, 09:33:11 PM

If the Colts can reach down and sound off they can win.  But everyone knows they present as a finesse team...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#12 : November 02, 2006, 10:16:13 PM

I think the Colts will lose because they are facing the best qb in the game in his house and he's bringin "clock-killin" Corey Dillon and rookie-sensation Lawrence Maroney with him.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 03, 2006, 07:54:43 AM

I think the Colts win because no one can stop them. If you slow the game down by running you limit their chances. But one mistake and Indy's got you down two scores. They are quick strike and therefore don't need much time on the field...

I think the Colts will lose because they are facing the best qb in the game in his house and he's bringin "clock-killin" Corey Dillon and rookie-sensation Lawrence Maroney with him.

I won't argue who's the best Brady is certainly a winner and he's proved it with the jewelry.  But if there's a better tactician at the position than Peyton somebody tell me who he is?  That guy has taken his game to another level since college.  The only thing he needs, to satisfy most of the haters, is a ring...

njligernj

Starter
#14 : November 03, 2006, 08:03:08 AM

The Colts will lose because they can't defend the run as to the other. Before Tony got there there defense ranked: 31st in points allowed and 29th in yards In his time in IND he's been:
Pt- Yds
02-11
07-08
20-18
19-29
20-10

He's made them better and in some cases a lot better. This is what I expect to see a coach do when he's short talent, you can't make your units the best w/o the talent to be the best but at least show me some coaching up of what talent you've got.

Last year was good but they had a very easy schedule last year. This year 22- 20. All-in-all it has improved (although not to the point they can win with defense) but is that improvement all that drastically different from normal NFL fluctuations? With the exception of one or two teams, a lot of teams in the bottom 20 of various stats five years ago are in the top half now. He's hardly molded the unit and put a stamp on it like Lovie has in Chicago (or even what Tomlin has managed in Minn -- although that's a very small sample size so far). I can't help but feel that improvement is an example of exactly the problem many have (and continue to have) with Dungy in Tampa -- it's decent. Decent enough for his fans to be able to defend him with some okay numbers; not good enough that his detractors can't pick apart the numbers and problems to find something to attack.

I haven't run the numbers but Dungy (in terms of defense) is likely below average for anyone from the Bucs branch of coaches (although Marinelli will likely give him a run for his money if things don't change in Detroit).

It's the same old, same old really. Doing just enough to look good on paper, have a great regular season, then lose in the playoffs when you need that D.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Captain Obvious says: Colts will lose to the Patriots... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools