Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Captain Obvious says: Colts will lose to the Patriots... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Garv

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 03, 2006, 08:18:58 AM

Again, you want to see two of the best, the Frazier/Ali of their time in the NFL? Peyton Manning and Tom Brady fit the bill.
These guys are on a whole nother level! I'd give Peyton a tiny edge this year so far, he's a single man wrecking crew and carrying his team on his arm. Brady has a better defense and FAR better running game behind him, yet makes any receiver on any team's practice squad look great!
Hell, two of the best ever and a pleasure to watch IMO.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 03, 2006, 08:25:21 AM

Again, you want to see two of the best, the Frazier/Ali of their time in the NFL? Peyton Manning and Tom Brady fit the bill.
These guys are on a whole nother level! I'd give Peyton a tiny edge this year so far, he's a single man wrecking crew and carrying his team on his arm. Brady has a better defense and FAR better running game behind him, yet makes any receiver on any team's practice squad look great!
Hell, two of the best ever and a pleasure to watch IMO.

Great thoughts and I agree.  NE/Indy games are some of my favorite games to watch if only to see 2 incredible QBs in action.

T

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 03, 2006, 09:54:40 AM

Colts will lose, I've seen the future.

#18 : November 03, 2006, 10:06:13 AM

I won't argue who's the best Brady is certainly a winner and he's proved it with the jewelry.  But if there's a better tactician at the position than Peyton somebody tell me who he is?  That guy has taken his game to another level since college.  The only thing he needs, to satisfy most of the haters, is a ring...

You are right but one of the things that prevents him from getting a ring is his inability to step up his game in the postseason.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 03, 2006, 10:23:07 AM

The Patriots will definately try to control the clock but if Peyton forces the issues and it becomes a shoot out I would not count out Brady.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 03, 2006, 10:31:25 AM

I won't argue who's the best Brady is certainly a winner and he's proved it with the jewelry. But if there's a better tactician at the position than Peyton somebody tell me who he is? That guy has taken his game to another level since college. The only thing he needs, to satisfy most of the haters, is a ring...

You are right but one of the things that prevents him from getting a ring is his inability to step up his game in the postseason.

That's huge.  But he needs help in that regard.  As good as he is, he still needs a running game and some defense.  And both of those need to be vastly more physical...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#21 : November 03, 2006, 12:57:43 PM

That's huge.  But he needs help in that regard.  As good as he is, he still needs a running game and some defense.  And both of those need to be vastly more physical...

That is surely the key.  They are too finesse.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Captain Obvious says: Colts will lose to the Patriots... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools