Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Free Agents - Yahoo's Robinson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: November 02, 2006, 12:35:38 PM

I agree June would be a great addition, with the Colts given Freeney all the $$$, June could be a Buc next year.

Very true. The Colts will be forced to lock Freeney up, leaving June more open to being plucked. Hopefully, he will see the opportunity to come to a system in which he is comfortable.

bluetick

Practice Squad

#1 : November 02, 2006, 12:20:18 PM

I'd take Cato June in a hearbeat, but Im not that sold on Freeney seeing as he only has half a sack this year.

I agree June would be a great addition, with the Colts given Freeney all the $$$, June could be a Buc next year. If DB and SQ decide to retire. Our LBs would be OK with June, Rudd, Winborn, Nece. Now hope they get a CB and/or Center in FA.

Then you can focus on Dline, S, and WR/FB on the first day of draft

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 02, 2006, 12:07:01 PM

There's 2 LB's in that list that have played as the WLB in a Cover 2 Defense for quite some time. Im of course referring to Lance Briggs and Cato June, one of whom we should sign if possible.

I'd take Cato June in a hearbeat, but Im not that sold on Freeney seeing as he only has half a sack this year.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

bluetick

Practice Squad

#3 : November 01, 2006, 08:32:47 PM

Not that I agree with the guy much, but here is an article on this offseason's TOP 10 Free Agents.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlEcN7LMxtZ21KTyiHi.4NE5nYcB?slug=cr-freeagents110106&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I like a few of these guys to be bucs.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 01, 2006, 08:38:18 PM

I'd take some or all of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and maybe 9.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 01, 2006, 09:05:49 PM

I love that the bulk are on the defensive side of the ball because that HAS to be a focus....

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 01, 2006, 09:26:03 PM

i like most of these guys also

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 01, 2006, 09:40:35 PM

I guess he doesn't read PFT, because Tony Gonzalez should be at the top of that list.

He is one guy that I would definitely like to see a Buc. That three tight end set that Gruden has been running so much, could be something else with him. Hopefully we can see Gruden and Alex Smith get together through the rest of the season and find a way to start working the middle of the field with Gradkowski. Personally I think part of the problem there is that because of Gradkowski's height, Smith needs to get a little further down field for Grads to see him over the line and get a throwing lane, and the protection hasn't been there for that to happen. Either way Gonzalez could open up a ton for all of the other skill position players on this team, including Smith. If I could pick two big name free agents for the Bucs it would be him and Briggs.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 02, 2006, 10:15:52 AM

yeah they both know cover 2 but i think briggs is benefiting from playing with urlacer

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 02, 2006, 10:17:48 AM

Bucs could rebuild the defense pretty quickly with Freeney,Nate Clements & Adlius Thomas. Then maybe Monte could put in a more aggressive defensive scheme.

yeah T a more aggressive scheme would be nice, we need that killer front 4

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 01, 2006, 09:49:40 PM

I like June and Steinbach a lot (Steinbach can play center).  I think Thomas could transition to be a great pass-rushing DE in our system, but he'll probably be too expensive to experiment with.  I like Samuel better than Clements, even though he's a bit small for our system.  

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 01, 2006, 09:53:25 PM

While those are some pretty impressive players, his negatives kinda make some of them sound like busts - although I don't think he tried to do that.  Guess he's pointing out the "buyer beware" side of each.

Dominico

Starter

#12 : November 01, 2006, 10:00:08 PM

I guess he doesn't read PFT, because Tony Gonzalez should be at the top of that list.

He is one guy that I would definitely like to see a Buc. That three tight end set that Gruden has been running so much, could be something else with him. Hopefully we can see Gruden and Alex Smith get together through the rest of the season and find a way to start working the middle of the field with Gradkowski. Personally I think part of the problem there is that because of Gradkowski's height, Smith needs to get a little further down field for Grads to see him over the line and get a throwing lane, and the protection hasn't been there for that to happen. Either way Gonzalez could open up a ton for all of the other skill position players on this team, including Smith. If I could pick two big name free agents for the Bucs it would be him and Briggs.
Gonzalez isnt offically a FA so thats why he isn't on the list, he also left off the restricted FA, one of whom i would love to see in a Bucs uniform (Jared Allen).

bucshot224

Second String

#13 : November 01, 2006, 10:02:09 PM

Where was Gibril Wilson? IMO he is worthy of being on that list especially with CHRIS BROWN on there. He'd be pretty nice in a Buc uni.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 02, 2006, 11:51:56 AM

And don't forget that agents know that teams have tons of cap room and they will be looking to get their chunk.  Teams have to spend the money, so look for free agent signing bonuse to reach heights never before seen. 

"That sucks."

Sincerely,
Brian Kelly

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Free Agents - Yahoo's Robinson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools