Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The inside on the buenning situation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: November 02, 2006, 12:05:21 PM

For a guy that's so supposedly connected as you, Chucky gave us more info in one thread than you ever have. According to your sources anyway.

Sorry that my information makes you so unhappy.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#1 : November 02, 2006, 04:39:17 AM

I don't like Mahan, he gets toyed to much by other defenses + his annoying consistent penalties drives me insane. For me (IMVHO) He's Walker's equal at LG. Now that we solved the Walker problem...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : November 02, 2006, 12:03:17 PM

You gotta love the fact that Buenning lied about his injury to get back on the field.  That shows not only the toughness we want on an Offensive Lineman but also the passion to want to play through a painful injury

Gruden loves that. That's why JJ fell out of favor, he didn't want to play unless he considered himself 100% or very close to it. Staff and some teammates (especially those playing hurt) felt that wasn't right approach.
For a guy that's so supposedly connected as you, Chucky gave us more info in one thread than you ever have. According to your sources anyway.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 02, 2006, 11:56:14 AM

damn INCIT great scoop. I just don't get why this hasn't gone public.
I think it pretty much did. I heard it on the radio that Buenning was banged up. Can't remember where that was.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 02, 2006, 10:24:58 AM

LMAO BnBB, good stuff ... man I love being in TB

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 01, 2006, 09:44:05 PM

Buennings ankle is hurt bad.  He actually misled the staff when he came back, saying he was fine.  Gruden pulled him aside after reviewing his play for those 2 games and said you need to take a seat till youre all better.  Its a fairly serious high ankle sprain.  Cant reveal the source, but thats the lowdown on dan, straight from the top.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 01, 2006, 09:48:43 PM

Nice scoop ... Good to hear it is an injury [kinda] rather than a really bad decision by keeping Mahan in there.  Guess the only question left is who's wife did Terry sleep with?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 01, 2006, 09:51:32 PM

damn INCIT great scoop. I just don't get why this hasn't gone public.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 01, 2006, 09:52:37 PM

Man, that's bad news.  It's good to know there was a solid reason, though.  And since he's not in the doghouse we won't have to worry about him for next year.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 01, 2006, 09:57:43 PM

Man, that's bad news.  It's good to know there was a solid reason, though.  And since he's not in the doghouse we won't have to worry about him for next year.
They guy I spoke with is very knowledgable and said that Buenning is a guy that Gruden loves and thinks very highly of.  There is no internal problems, gruden just doesnt want it to get worse, it needs to heal properly and with this type of injury the only way to achieve this is rest.  Kind of surprising though that Dan lied to get back on the field.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 01, 2006, 10:00:19 PM

Man, that's bad news. It's good to know there was a solid reason, though. And since he's not in the doghouse we won't have to worry about him for next year.
They guy I spoke with is very knowledgable and said that Buenning is a guy that Gruden loves and thinks very highly of. There is no internal problems, gruden just doesnt want it to get worse, it needs to heal properly and with this type of injury the only way to achieve this is rest. Kind of surprising though that Dan lied to get back on the field.

Makes perfect sense if true.  I have no doubts that it is, it's just frustrating when we are in the dark.

Dan, best wishes on a speedy recovery.  We need you back on the field ASAP!

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 01, 2006, 10:02:01 PM

Nice scoop ... Good to hear it is an injury [kinda] rather than a really bad decision by keeping Mahan in there. Guess the only question left is who's wife did Terry sleep with?

I was told Mahan is hands down our center for next year, so at this point from the teams standpoint it makes alot more sense to let Sean take his lumps now rather than play Jeb who is slightly better, but really just a stopgap who probably doesnt have a future with the team.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 01, 2006, 10:04:48 PM

Nice scoop ... Good to hear it is an injury [kinda] rather than a really bad decision by keeping Mahan in there. Guess the only question left is who's wife did Terry sleep with?

I was told Mahan is hands down our center for next year, so at this point from the teams standpoint it makes alot more sense to let Sean take his lumps now rather than play Jeb who is slightly better, but really just a stopgap who probably doesnt have a future with the team.

damn ICIT, your the man.   That makes perfect sense - yet it never crossed my mind.  Maybe it was because we really didn't know why Buenning was not playing - but thanks .... good stuff

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 01, 2006, 10:06:45 PM

this is why I love coming to tampa... I know a great guy who feeds me all kinds of goodies everytime I come down.  Hopefully I can meet some of you guys at the food drive tomorrow.

BTW-- The bucs are going to make a huge push for Nate Clements and/or Lance Briggs.  One of those guys will be a buc next year.

tim111762

Second String
#14 : November 01, 2006, 10:07:31 PM

nice scoop man
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The inside on the buenning situation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools