Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneer Blitz « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
: November 01, 2006, 10:00:51 PM

Maybe Brooks was refering to his good playing days as being "way out there"

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 02, 2006, 11:55:24 AM

Its good if players back up their coach. You know what we call players who don't back up their coach to the public? Simeon Rice. So I'm glad that players are focusing on doing their jobs and not playing the blame game in the press.

However, I don't think this takes the heat of Gruden for the game plan, which I think was more the problem than the play calling. It was a classic case of Gruden out thinking himself. He wants to exploit defensive weaknesses, but didn't account for his own offensive strengths weaknesses.

When you take into account that the G-men have a woeful secondary then the mindset to throw the ball is obvious.  However, the balance falt out sucked.  We just can't have Caddy only getting 8 to 10 touches.  Not sure how to fix that, but it's got to happen...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 02, 2006, 12:00:47 PM

Chev,

May I have permission to join your motely group...

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 02, 2006, 12:02:10 PM

Its good if players back up their coach. You know what we call players who don't back up their coach to the public? Simeon Rice. So I'm glad that players are focusing on doing their jobs and not playing the blame game in the press.

However, I don't think this takes the heat of Gruden for the game plan, which I think was more the problem than the play calling. It was a classic case of Gruden out thinking himself. He wants to exploit defensive weaknesses, but didn't account for his own offensive strengths weaknesses.

but the teams offensive strengths could be different in your eyes than Gruden's. I'll take an NFL coaches opinion over anyone on here. He's not going to let a rookie QB dictate how to attack a defense. I understand the play-calling balance was far from "the norm" but the GAME SITUATIONS DICTATED PLAY-CALLING!!!!!!!!!! Down and distance, score, etc.

Don't you think Gruden was going to try and run more before the Caddy fumble?? The Bucs were down 7-0 at that point and what was called??? A toss that Caddy fumbles and then boom the team is down 14-0.

I understnad if you look at the numbers it looks crazy but at no point in that game did I say, "damn Gruden run the ball!" Did any of you say that?

The 4th down play is the only play where I screamed WTF! Then after the game Caddy said they've been working on that play for three weeks and also Anthony B was WIDE OPEN down the seam and Grads missed him. It made me feel better about the call. He put the players in position to make plays, it's that f-ing simple.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 01, 2006, 09:53:21 PM

I was busy with work today so could anybody please tell me what was said as I heard Derrick mention something about a draft pick then stated Scott does not always know what he is talking about?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 01, 2006, 09:57:15 PM

D Brooks?

SR said at first he didn't agree with the play callling but after speaking with the players today felt better about it. The player all backed up Gruden saying they understood what he was trying to do. The players said there were plays to made and they didn't make them.

That's all I caught but the play-calling seemed to be the hot button topic of the day.

What did Derrick say????

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 01, 2006, 09:58:01 PM

who said that? Brooks on his show about Scott at PR?

tim111762

Second String
#7 : November 01, 2006, 09:58:15 PM

yea i heard that too.....  a caller or Duemig said something about how Scott said that the bucs were probably gonna draft defense early. Derrick proceeded to say that he doesnt know about all that and said that's what Scott gets paid to do and thats all good but sometimes what PR says is way out there. something along those lines

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 01, 2006, 09:59:11 PM

Yeah thats was I heard also

tim111762

Second String
#9 : November 01, 2006, 09:59:56 PM

hmm. interesting..... maybe Brooks is still hot after sunday???

tim111762

Second String
#10 : November 01, 2006, 10:04:15 PM

from the little bit that i heard today Brooks seemed kinda irritable. I thought the comment that he made about how "if the Bucs played the Giants again the Bucs would crush them" was kinda interesting

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 01, 2006, 10:04:41 PM

He was not blasting Scott he was just saying sometimes his opinion is a little far fetched but again in no way was he upset

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : November 01, 2006, 11:51:43 PM

SR said that FA and the draft will be heavy on defense....I think his exact words when asked what the Bucs would spend their newly freed up cap room on were: "defense baby!" ....of course that means he's basically saying the defense is a problem and needs to be addressed...he also said the Bucs will have a high draft pick in 2007.......I'm sure that rubs a prideful guy like Brooks the wrong way...

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 02, 2006, 10:56:51 AM

Hrmm, I once heard Brooks talk like that. It was after the 2004 5-11 season.  He was rather upset with his play and that of others and called himself out. Then he went on to lead the D to a #1 performance. Maybe his fire is lit again? I sure hope so.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 02, 2006, 08:05:38 AM

He was not blasting Scott he was just saying sometimes his opinion is a little far fetched but again in no way was he upset

DB is always calm and composed, but clearly he was making his feelings known as to how he feels about who reports on the Bucs.  Specifically Scott as he did mention his name.  While is wasn't belligerent or anything you could hear that he was not pleased by some of the banter going on about the draft in the middle of the season...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneer Blitz « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools