Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could this be Brooks last year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : November 03, 2006, 05:42:21 AM

It appears that 2005 was his last year.....

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#31 : November 03, 2006, 07:44:06 AM

The only thing that gets me is why bring in Winborn for 2 mil and never play him. The guy is our prototypical LB- spped, can cover, and can tackle. Yet we dont even rotate him with Brooks to keep Brooks fresh. I am willing to bet you take Winborn and Ruud and rotate those guys in early in the games and Brooks and Quarles will have much better 4th quarter stops which is where the games have been on the line this season. And at 2-5 WTF does it hurt at this point.

The other that gets me is why Becht so much-- they say for his blocking ability but wasn't it Smith who stoned Peppers one on one twice last year. And Smith is the much bigger threat vs stone hands. Jolley too for that matter what a waste of a trade that was.

The other is Alstott why pay him 2 mil and he never touches the ball--if all he is for is to block in this system we have a much better blocker in Sowell (sp?)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 03, 2006, 07:49:23 AM

The only thing that gets me is why bring in Winborn for 2 mil and never play him. The guy is our prototypical LB- spped, can cover, and can tackle. Yet we dont even rotate him with Brooks to keep Brooks fresh. I am willing to bet you take Winborn and Ruud and rotate those guys in early in the games and Brooks and Quarles will have much better 4th quarter stops which is where the games have been on the line this season. And at 2-5 WTF does it hurt at this point.

The other that gets me is why Becht so much-- they say for his blocking ability but wasn't it Smith who stoned Peppers one on one twice last year. And Smith is the much bigger threat vs stone hands. Jolley too for that matter what a waste of a trade that was.

The other is Alstott why pay him 2 mil and he never touches the ball--if all he is for is to block in this system we have a much better blocker in Sowell (sp?)

Because you don't come into this scheme and play lights out right away.  No one did or does...it takes time...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Garv

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 03, 2006, 08:23:26 AM

It's up to Derrick but my feeling is he'll want to go out on a higher note. He certainly could play another year or two, though not near the level of his best days.
Derrick Brooks is a HOF guy and he'll make the call unless he totally falls apart and still insists on playing.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

gharen

Pro Bowler

#34 : November 03, 2006, 12:08:01 PM

At the end of the season, they sit him down and say if you want to play next year fine, but, it might be at SLB. It would be a big mistake if we passed on a guy like Briggs or even June just to keep Brooks happy. DB's game was built on speed and tackling and it appears both have abandoned him.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#35 : November 03, 2006, 06:20:18 PM

Because you don't come into this scheme and play lights out right away.  No one did or does...it takes time...

I didn't say start him I said rotate him to at the very least keep Brooks fresh simislar to the rotation of Ruud and Quarles at times. Ruud was playing last year. He doesn't have to be great he just has to be sound. Not like the guy wasn't a full time pretty good starter in this league before

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 03, 2006, 08:19:19 PM

Because you don't come into this scheme and play lights out right away. No one did or does...it takes time...

I didn't say start him I said rotate him to at the very least keep Brooks fresh simislar to the rotation of Ruud and Quarles at times. Ruud was playing last year. He doesn't have to be great he just has to be sound. Not like the guy wasn't a full time pretty good starter in this league before

Hmmm, so you are saying that the guy who follows the best player we have EVER had on defense and at the linebacker position that he doesn't have to be great, just sound...Riiiight...I don't believe that, if you don't think it's tough just ask Booger...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 03, 2006, 09:12:02 PM

At the end of the season, they sit him down and say if you want to play next year fine, but, it might be at SLB. It would be a big mistake if we passed on a guy like Briggs or even June just to keep Brooks happy. DB's game was built on speed and tackling and it appears both have abandoned him.

If they bring in Briggs, DB will be playing MLB, or Sam.

I do not want to see June here.  Nope.  CAll it aesthetics, call it what you want, but he is a LBer from a very poor defensive unit, he is smallish, and could care less for the guy.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 03, 2006, 09:33:07 PM

There is NO WAY anybody else other than DB that plays WLB while Monte Kiffin is the DC...You heard it here first...

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#39 : November 03, 2006, 09:48:39 PM

Chev, you are reading way too much into it-- if the guy (Winborn) spells Brooks for 5-10 plays to keep him fresh which is what I proposed. He doesn't have to be great-- Brooks is the great one-- he just has to be sound or solid when he rotates in. It sure beats watching Brooks get trucked like he has late in games and watching him miss tackles and take bad angles due to whatever is ailing him in the 4th quarter of ball games this year. Everyone can see Brooks has lost a step-- whats the harm in giving the guy a rest now and again to keep him fresh in the 4th quarter.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#40 : November 04, 2006, 12:26:23 AM

the only reason lynch wasnt re-signed is because he failed our physical.
This is total BS. He agreed to take a paycut if they made him the starter & they wouldn't do it--great call by the way. And DB is a 1st round HOF.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 04, 2006, 12:36:07 AM

Chev, you are reading way too much into it-- if the guy (Winborn) spells Brooks for 5-10 plays to keep him fresh which is what I proposed. He doesn't have to be great-- Brooks is the great one-- he just has to be sound or solid when he rotates in. It sure beats watching Brooks get trucked like he has late in games and watching him miss tackles and take bad angles due to whatever is ailing him in the 4th quarter of ball games this year. Everyone can see Brooks has lost a step-- whats the harm in giving the guy a rest now and again to keep him fresh in the 4th quarter.
Good suggestion.  Not going to happen.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#42 : November 04, 2006, 08:40:11 PM

Are our safties better than Lynch? Do you hit somebody hard enuff to draw a 75,000 fine if you haven't got it any more? You can not say (with a straight face) that we wouldn't be better with him.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 04, 2006, 08:23:31 AM

Maybe, I've been known to blow things out of proportions.  But I've talked to Monte before. I've heard him in interviews and I know how he feels about Derrick.  It's to much to characterize on a message board in a small space.  Their relationship transcends the game.  I personally don't think that if DB was able to play, that Monte wouldn't play him.  Further, I have to give DB the benefit of the doubt that he knows when to quit and wouldn't put the team and what he stands for in jeopardy...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 04, 2006, 09:08:38 AM

the only reason lynch wasnt re-signed is because he failed our physical.
This is total BS. He agreed to take a paycut if they made him the starter & they wouldn't do it--great call by the way. And DB is a 1st round HOF.

I heard the same thing about the medical,

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could this be Brooks last year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools