Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradowski stumbling « previous next »
Page: 1

ABN

Starter
: November 02, 2006, 02:08:37 PM

It seems that Gradowski has stumbled an unusual number of times mostly when dropping back. At first I thought perhaps he was getting his feet tangled with one of the guards stepping back. When you are at the game it is difficult to evaluate.
I recently replayed the tape over and over in slow motion when he stumbled and fell down on his last play of the Eagles game. Fortunately he got up and threw an incompletion.
I could not see anything to cause him to stumble. I am wondering if maybe his cleats are too long and as he drags his right foot they catch in the grass. Or, maybe he threw so much from the shotgun in college the drop back footwork is unfamiliar too him.
He is lucky so far that he has been able to put his hand down to prevent a total fall or jump back up quickly but it will soon be a disaster.
I wonder if anyone has heard any explanations?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 02, 2006, 02:41:20 PM

Good observation.  He does stumble (wildly) out of the snap from time to time.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 02, 2006, 02:51:08 PM

I don't have an explanation but do notice that. If we notice you know for damn sure the coaches notice it and are working with him to correct the issue. Remember, Simms couldn't take a snap to save his life the first couple of games and Hackett corrected it.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 02, 2006, 03:17:13 PM

must be nervous or scared...

Garv

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 02, 2006, 03:21:03 PM

Early footwork problems, he's a rookie. He'll be fine.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 02, 2006, 04:13:07 PM

must be nervous or scared...

Similar to the snap problems Simms had.  Getting your timing and coordination right is difficult with 101 things going on in your mind, and the game going by at 90mph.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 02, 2006, 06:23:15 PM

couple of those you can see Mahan step/trip him up, on an other it looked like he was just an "excitable boy".  Probably scared Mahan would step on him again LOL -- Buenning get well soon.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 02, 2006, 06:35:15 PM

this is what happens when you play a rookie..

sucks that so many people thought he was going to be tom brady.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 02, 2006, 06:37:28 PM

this is what happens when you play a rookie..

sucks that so many people thought he was going to be tom brady.

Isn't it just as bad saying he's not, as it is saying he is, after only 4 games?  I don't think anyone can say what his future is going to be like after only 4 games.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 02, 2006, 06:37:39 PM

I don't think the stumbling is a big deal.  Coming from a mostly-shotgun offense, I would think he just needs time and reps.  A bigger concern for me is the fumbling.  I wonder if he has smaller hands (a la King) that make it harder for him to hang onto the ball.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#10 : November 02, 2006, 08:28:19 PM

Mahan stepped on his foot 2/3 "stumbles."

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 02, 2006, 08:36:14 PM

I don't think the stumbling is a big deal.  Coming from a mostly-shotgun offense, I would think he just needs time and reps.  A bigger concern for me is the fumbling.  I wonder if he has smaller hands (a la King) that make it harder for him to hang onto the ball.

they mentioned the small hands in his scouting report.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 02, 2006, 11:57:09 PM

I don't think the stumbling is a big deal. Coming from a mostly-shotgun offense, I would think he just needs time and reps. A bigger concern for me is the fumbling. I wonder if he has smaller hands (a la King) that make it harder for him to hang onto the ball.

they mentioned the small hands in his scouting report.
Which might explain his lack of velocity, or depth on his passes.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#13 : November 03, 2006, 12:46:12 AM

I blame Mahan's giant foot for the stumbling.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradowski stumbling « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools