Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Overlooked, 48 passes and 0 interceptions « previous next »
Page: 1 2

coopsxx

Starter
: November 02, 2006, 03:50:49 PM

Ignoring all the other problems and complaints surrounding the Giants game, and dispite not playing that well. it is pretty impressive that Grad threw 0 interceptions in that game.

If his ability to protect the ball is for real, when he does develop, and are WRs re-learn to catch we should be a pretty good offense.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 02, 2006, 03:58:21 PM

thanks for the jinx

coopsxx

Starter
#2 : November 02, 2006, 04:03:21 PM

if jinx were in order the bucs would be unstoppable after a week of bashing on this board

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 02, 2006, 04:06:08 PM

if jinx were in order the bucs would be unstoppable after a week of bashing on this board

true.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 02, 2006, 06:25:09 PM

..and 20 completions (41%). But more important, 3 measly points.

coopsxx

Starter
#5 : November 02, 2006, 06:47:37 PM

good point dalbuc. I think it is the best trait you can have as a young qb. If he was scoring td's people would be making the excuse that there is no game film on him, the low int's is attributable to him solely (well maybe a bit to Hackett and Gruden, but since simms thrw 7 int's with the same pair, i would say it is all Grad.)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 02, 2006, 06:53:33 PM

good point dalbuc. I think it is the best trait you can have as a young qb. If he was scoring td's people would be making the excuse that there is no game film on him, the low int's is attributable to him solely (well maybe a bit to Hackett and Gruden, but since simms thrw 7 int's with the same pair, i would say it is all Grad.)

With a slight thank-you to a few butter-fingered Bengals.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 02, 2006, 06:56:12 PM

Does anyone remembr Trent Dilfer's first regular season action?   He relieved Craig Erickson against the Falcons at the Georgia Dome.   His first drive, he looked awesome.   Rifling the ball all over the place and going downfield for a td.   I was thinking he was really going to be a great QB.   Then the rest of the game he threw the stupidest passes in the world for INT's left right and center.   He was still throwing alot of great passes as well.   But those INT's cancel everything out.   Of course, we lost that game.  

I agree with you guys.   The most important stat is no turnovers.   It's a good start for Grads.    However, to be great, he's going to need to step it up eventually.

Warhorse

Second String

#8 : November 02, 2006, 08:15:09 PM

coops....excellent observation.
 That is a HUGE plus for that young rookie.

Even with all the missed passes Saturday, a few clutch catches, and the Bucs have just gone in and knocked off one of the hottest teams in the NFC on their home turf.

Listening to some the nat'l handicappers tonite, several felt like Tampa was on the way up right now.
 Improved defense and a young, mobile QB who was the real deal.

I'm looking forward to the Bucs sending the Saints home crying.

coopsxx

Starter
#9 : November 02, 2006, 08:30:48 PM

Yeh i mean im like everyone i would love to win a superbowl now, but lets be serious it aint happening this year, looking to the future have a seriously talented team on offense. The frustration is that with young guys it;s just a matter of waiting for them to prime, it's usually alot easier to say we just need to get this FA and we are in the hunt.

But I am more inclined to gamble a few losing seasons for the hope of a perenial playoff team than push for a superbowl once every 5 years, and to get a perenial playoff team you have to build a team through the draft which is what we are doing.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#10 : November 02, 2006, 08:38:23 PM

Its hard to throw INT's when most of your passes are short and to the flats, but don't forget ther were some dropped INT's in a few of his games as well.

coopsxx

Starter
#11 : November 02, 2006, 09:50:15 PM

yeh but there are dropped int's in simms game alongside the caught int's.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 03, 2006, 09:11:37 AM

I agree with you guys.   The most important stat is no turnovers.   It's a good start for Grads.    However, to be great, he's going to need to step it up eventually.

Great? Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are great. Joe Montana and Dan Marino were great. Gradkowski is a rookie taking his lumps while playing smart, gutsy football.
Great is a long way off, if it ever comes. But Grads can certainly become good enough to win some games on his own down the road but to do so he will indeed have to step it up.
Sunday against the saints? Why not?

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 03, 2006, 10:55:26 AM

You'll want to watch that figure in relation to see if that figure can stay lower while his YPA and YPC begin to creep up

Sadly, both of those numbers could have been higher had not MC and JG let him down multiple times.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 03, 2006, 11:19:47 AM

yeh but there are dropped int's in simms game alongside the caught int's.

Nobody compared him to Simms.  He has clearly been better than Simms.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Overlooked, 48 passes and 0 interceptions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools