Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WHAT DO THE PLAYERS THINK OF THE PLAYCALLING? « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

« : November 03, 2006, 03:56:27 PM »

Group,

I just posted a new Pewter Insider column on the front page of PewterReport.com. With Bucs head coach Jon Gruden's playcalling a hot topic as of late, I decided to do some digging and uncovered some interesting information regarding the playcalling. Here is the teaser:

"What’s the real story behind Jon Gruden’s “unbalanced” playcalling? How do the Bucs players feel about the offense’s game plans this year? Get answers to these questions and more in this installment of Flynn’s Focus, which is required reading for any fan that has a beef with Gruden’s playcalling."

If you're not already a Pewter Insider subscriber, you can become one today by calling 1-800-881-BUCS(2827) or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.pewterreport.com/subscribe/packages

Enjoy!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 03, 2006, 04:01:44 PM »

Great read!!!! Very insightful!

Baghead #2

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 03, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »

Yep, another gem from Jim.

Keep 'em coming!

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

watson

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 03, 2006, 04:48:05 PM »

Hopefully some of the posters that have been crucifying Gruden for is playcalling are subscribers and will finally understand what others have been trying to tell them.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

rzillger

Rookie

« #4 : November 03, 2006, 04:52:15 PM »

[banghead]What are the players going to say 'I hate the play calls, Gruden is crazy' ?Of course, they are going to act like it's okay and you can't blame them. IMHO, this article has no real purpose.  I really have not liked the playcalling at all this year for the most part.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #5 : November 03, 2006, 05:22:05 PM »

[banghead]What are the players going to say 'I hate the play calls, Gruden is crazy' ?Of course, they are going to act like it's okay and you can't blame them. IMHO, this article has no real purpose.  I really have not liked the playcalling at all this year for the most part.

Do you pay attention to the NFL??? Players will and do criticize coaches, i.e. Shockey, Vick, etc...  Especially if asked "off the record" a pissed off player will vent. I guess the most valid way to do this article would have been for Jim to interview the great and all-knowing fans on the message boards who know what plays to call for every situation [banghead]

gone

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 03, 2006, 05:37:09 PM »

Hopefully some of the posters that have been crucifying Gruden for is playcalling are subscribers and will finally understand what others have been trying to tell them.
File that dream under "N" for
NOT
GONNA
HAPPEN

Would be nice though....
Most of the criticism isn't from insider's anyway, with a couple of noteable exceptions...

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #7 : November 04, 2006, 10:42:45 PM »

ICIT has always busted mine, as well as everyone else who doesn't agree with him that Jon Gruden is the best coach in the history of coaching.  I actually liked Gruden more before I started posting on this site!  The man love for Gruden on this board is pretty unbelievable.  Let's hope ICIT doesn't run into the chuckster during his visit to Tampa or we will have to surgically attach his head back to his body.  It's all good ICIT!  Have fun brother!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #8 : November 04, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »

I don't care what players "say" to the media.  The play calling in NY was horrific and let's pray that it follow that same pattern against the Aints this Sunday.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 04, 2006, 10:15:17 PM »

I don't care what players "say" to the media.  The play calling in NY was horrific and let's pray that it follow that same pattern against the Aints this Sunday.
so youre rooting against us, thats about on par for the course.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #10 : November 04, 2006, 10:27:27 PM »

LOL! Fishing,huh?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 04, 2006, 10:18:13 PM »

Caught one.  You would have never responded had you not admitted that the playcalling in NY was terrible.  If he goes that route tomorrow, we lose again.  I will not root against the Bucs.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #12 : November 05, 2006, 01:37:34 AM »

ICIT has always busted mine, as well as everyone else who doesn't agree with him that Jon Gruden is the best coach in the history of coaching. I actually liked Gruden more before I started posting on this site! The man love for Gruden on this board is pretty unbelievable. Let's hope ICIT doesn't run into the chuckster during his visit to Tampa or we will have to surgically attach his head back to his body. It's all good ICIT! Have fun brother!
So it's not just me? I've wondered about what seems like major man crushes on coach. Seems kinda wierd. And if you have the nerve to question they want to excommunicate you. I think will have to surgically remove ICIT's lips from Chucky's posterior if he runs into/falls over him.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 05, 2006, 12:57:03 PM »

If you had any knowledge of the many hire a coach and keep him for a couple years then fire and get a new one.Well maybe you would see the wisdom of keeping a good coach!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WHAT DO THE PLAYERS THINK OF THE PLAYCALLING? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools