Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Teddy Ginn Jr. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
: November 03, 2006, 10:48:03 PM

Man.. Im on the Teddy Ginn bandwagon.. I havebeen saying for the last few years that I wish we had Joey Galloway but 10 years younger. I think Ginn is it. He would also help fill a void on special teams (KR/PR). Im all about rebuilding the D through this years draft.. But starting in the 2nd round if Ginn is on the board. 

Do you guys think Ginn's game will translate well in the NFL?

Ideal Draft:
Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State (1)
Buster Davis ILB Florida State (2)
Brandon Merriweather SS Miami (2)
Mason Crosby K Colorado (3)

Secondary Draft: Trade down with someone to acquire an additional 2nd round pick(at least)
Quinn Pit**CENSORED**- DT, Ohio State (late 1)
Levi Brown- OT, Penn State  (2)
Buster Davis- ILB, Florida State  (2)
Earl Everett- OLB, Florida (2)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#1 : November 03, 2006, 10:56:53 PM

I am not a big fan of Ted Ginn, and I don't think he is anywhere near a lock in the NFL.

Ted Ginn Reminds me of PETER WARRICK.  It is scary how similar they are.

I would stay away at all costs.

He hasn't done anything great this year, and against weak competition with a very Good QB.

He is NOT worth a 1st round pick IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 03, 2006, 10:59:11 PM

...But their QB is worth a double take...

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#3 : November 03, 2006, 11:01:00 PM

Peter Warrick was a huge letdown. I cant believe someone so good in college could be a dud in NFL.  I hope he is more like Steve Smith. Either way we could really use the explosiveness on this team.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#4 : November 03, 2006, 11:05:06 PM

Peter Warrick was a huge letdown. I cant believe someone so good in college could be a dud in NFL.  I hope he is more like Steve Smith. Either way we could really use the explosiveness on this team.

Yeah, but there are a lot of explosive WR who suck in the NFL.

Bottom line is, to me anyway, if we can't get a line to block for a QB, and we don't have a QB who can throw the ball consistently to the WR's, it doesn't matter if we have Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and TO at WR all in their prime, we won't be explosive.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#5 : November 04, 2006, 12:02:17 AM

Ginn would be a boost fort his offense but I think he is a huge gamble.  BTW, I'm a Florida fan, but I don't know if Everett is worth a second rounder man...

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#6 : November 04, 2006, 12:15:55 AM

Buster Davis - Barrett Ruud - Earl Everett... Could be dangerous. You gotta know DB would love to groom a FSU alum.. Truth is I wish we tood Ryans 1st in last years draft.. But I really like Joseph.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#7 : November 04, 2006, 12:37:08 AM

Ginn would be a boost fort his offense but I think he is a huge gamble. BTW, I'm a Florida fan, but I don't know if Everett is worth a second rounder man...

Everett at the bottom of 2 isn't bad.

Ginn will be a bust.  You heard it here first.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 04, 2006, 12:41:50 AM

Ginn is a speed burner from Ohio State...Joey part II.

With that said, is Joey a bust?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#9 : November 04, 2006, 12:45:08 AM

Ginn is a speed burner from Ohio State...Joey part II.

With that said, is Joey a bust?

You say Joey, I say Peter....

Ginn may be a speed burner, but hasn't done jack this year against subpar competition......

bucshot224

Second String

#10 : November 04, 2006, 12:58:15 AM

I'm not all that educated on Ginn, but from what I've seen in the few games he's played in is that he is just a deep threat. I haven't seen him be able to take a 5 yard turn-around to the house or anything of that nature. If I am wrong and he can bring that to an offense, I say do it. Especially with a QB with a not so great arm. But I gotta tell ya, CJ would look good as hell in Tampa.....

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : November 04, 2006, 01:16:06 AM

I'm not all that educated on Ginn, but from what I've seen in the few games he's played in is that he is just a deep threat. I haven't seen him be able to take a 5 yard turn-around to the house or anything of that nature. If I am wrong and he can bring that to an offense, I say do it. Especially with a QB with a not so great arm. But I gotta tell ya, CJ would look good as hell in Tampa.....
WHo is CJ?

psymun

Starter
#12 : November 04, 2006, 01:20:20 AM

Ginn can't get off the line vs. press... he can be easily nutralized... and he can't catch (has the most drops among top draft receivers)

psymun

Starter
#13 : November 04, 2006, 01:21:11 AM

He's referring to Calvin Johnson. Who, by the way, doesn't have the YAC ability that you'd want in a west coast receiver... He's really not elusive...

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 04, 2006, 06:21:45 AM

Ginn is wya faster than Warrick was, the guy was elusive in college, but didn't cut it in the NFL with above average but not mecurial speed. Ginn is that fast.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Teddy Ginn Jr. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools