Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 1st official "Trade for Randy Moss" thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: November 04, 2006, 08:38:28 PM

I find it amazing that buc fans really want to take on headcases like Owens and now Moss...

Moss stands for everything I hate about a lot of today's spolied rotten athletes...

If he were a BUC, I'd have a hard time rooting for him, sad to say.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : November 04, 2006, 08:42:52 PM

And that's what you want with a rookie QB--idiots like Moss & TO getting in his face saying "give me the ball". Wait & see how long before TO calls out Romo.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 04, 2006, 02:08:47 PM

He is a massive talent, but under the WCO, he would not thrive, nor be happy.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 04, 2006, 11:59:46 AM

I'm crazy.... like a fox. 

If Gradkowski is the QB of the future we need Randy Moss.  Moss would do for Grads what he did for Culpepper.  Gradkowski can throw the short ball, but his lack of accuracy on the deep ball makes it hard for Gruden to "take what the defense gives you."   Moss's ability to go and get the deep ball and to catch fade passes on 3rd and goal fits perfectly with what we need with this offense. We can see that Grads looks to throw deep first and check down later.  That plays into a Randy Moss type reciever. Grads also likes to scramble and roll out and that plays into Randy Moss's hands too.   Randy Moss is the player who would make this offense click.

Randy Moss salary figures:
2007 salary: $8.75 million
Escalator of $1.5 million for '07 for making the Probowl.
He's due $11+ Mil in 2008 plus another probowl escalator, but thats not guaranteed.
This contract could easily be renegotiated to reduce the cap numbers. 

Problems:
Attitude:  A leopard doesn't change his stripes, but maybe they wear off just a little.  Moss has done some grumbling in Oakland but nothing compared to his teammate Porter.  I'm not saying he's grown up, but he may have mellowed a little.  I'm sure he would love to come to a winning program, but would he love to play for the "vocal" Gruden? Will he want to block downfield? Will he want to take a play off now and then?  OK those are good questions.  But we don't need Moss to be perfect.  We need him to do what Moss does best.  What he has done in the past and what he can still do:  Get downfield, jump up, and catch the ball wherever it may stray to.

Oakland:  Will they want to trade with the Bucs?  I think they may have to. Who would we give up?  Guys who may be traded for Moss?  Kelly, Rice, Stovall and/or the extra 2nd rounder. I'm not talking about giving them a 1st round pick or anything. Oakland will be wanting to unload Moss and won't be able to demand a ton for a player who has lacked productivity this year.

This may be the first "Get Randy Moss" thread.  But it won't be the last!  Get used to it.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 04, 2006, 12:04:35 PM

uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

first it's T.O. and now Moss?

Why would we want another WR that takes plays off and only tries when he wants to?

I can't see he and Gruden getting along for longer than 3 seconds anyway...

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : November 04, 2006, 12:06:42 PM

No way we give up Stovall for Moss. Not only will we not give up a guy who we don't know what we have in yet, but the Raiders aren't going to accept him for Randy Moss.

They may accept Kelly+ but probably not since the Raiders don't want to do any business with the Bucs. We probably tried to trade for him or Porter already but didn't because they wouldn't trade with us.

Finally, we don't need Randy Moss. Culpepper has a rocket arm, and was able to complete a lot of vertical passes to Moss. Moss isn't any good if he can't do that, and Gradkowski's game isn't going vertical. Yes, Moss is a great WR, but he isn't a great fit here. He needs to be able to run block and he needs to be able to run precise routes which he can't do. He is excellent at playing sloppy and getting away with it and with Gruden as the coach that isn't going to work. Precise routes are a must in teh west coast offense. Finally, he hasn't run the west coast offense ever in his career. I don't really know what Tice ran but it wasn't west coast, Green isn't west coast, and neither is Shell. He isn't really a great fit for it if he isn't going to work on his route running.

Also we may be in position to draft Calvin Johnson this year. If we are, forget Moss and start thinking Johnson. He is more like a slower Moss who can run precise routes and doesn't have a bad attitude. He isn't slow by any means but Moss is just exceptionally fast.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#6 : November 04, 2006, 12:23:05 PM

We do not need Randy Moss.  It would be nice to have him, but we do not need him.  But great post about Calvin OptionMasta.  I'm a huge fan of his and I can see him fitting in well here.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#7 : November 04, 2006, 12:48:19 PM

Maybe we can trade them Gruden back for Moss..............   ::)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 04, 2006, 12:49:04 PM

Why in the world would you think that a 6th round QB that is playing shearly because our starter is injured is the future???

Baghead #2

#9 : November 04, 2006, 01:00:55 PM

Why in the world would you think that a 6th round QB that is playing shearly because our starter is injured is the future???

Because its quite obvious that our coach has a man crush on him and do we really need to go into next season with "another" change at the qb position?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#10 : November 04, 2006, 01:13:30 PM

Because when you compare him to the QBs taken in the 1st round this year he isn't any worse and in some cases he is better.

With time he will only get more experience and eventually get better. It takes time and we are going to have to wait a while to see what exactly he has.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 04, 2006, 01:18:41 PM

I said "IF" Grads is our QB.  I didn't say he would be for sure.  I haven't made up my mind on my position on that yet.

As for spending our 1st rounder on a WR thats totally out of the question.  We have a lot of cap room and only one 1st rounder.  The pick needs to go for defense.

And Moss is not TO. He's not as good as TO, and he's not as bad as TO.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 04, 2006, 01:30:43 PM

Because when you compare him to the QBs taken in the 1st round this year he isn't any worse and in some cases he is better.

With time he will only get more experience and eventually get better. It takes time and we are going to have to wait a while to see what exactly he has.

OK higher ceiling, Leinart or Gradkowski???

For God sakes, talk to me in 5 years......... He is a 6th round pick, not a 3rd, 2nd or 1st. He is playing shearly because Simms was hurt. Get over Gradkowski! I support him too but damn, he is not the future. I'm telling you what you see right now is what you will get from Grads. He has a very low ceiling...

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 04, 2006, 01:31:59 PM

I said "IF" Grads is our QB.  I didn't say he would be for sure. I haven't made up my mind on my position on that yet.

As for spending our 1st rounder on a WR thats totally out of the question.  We have a lot of cap room and only one 1st rounder.  The pick needs to go for defense.

And Moss is not TO. He's not as good as TO, and he's not as bad as TO.

Itch I hear ya and I'm in the same boat as you on the QB scenario and the WR thought as well.

Baghead #2

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 04, 2006, 01:47:09 PM

I for one am all for getting Randy Moss. He's a better teammate the TO and hes a better player than TO. Ive never seen TO change a game like Moss has. I'd take him in a heartbeat
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 1st official "Trade for Randy Moss" thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools