Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: if they knew yatta was a risk.... « previous next »
Page: 1

4bucs

Hall of Famer
: October 06, 2006, 06:21:25 AM

why didn't they make a strong effort to sign Verba ,wasn't he still available,and knowing how limited Yatta was even when healthy makes you scratch your head a little as other teams were actually upgrading their weak spots and when someone gos down are quick to spend a little money to replace them.Does Allen think that deals like Hovan and Galloway happen every day,having been burned by Stussie and the other signings that haven't worked out has he grown timid and afraid to make a mistake .We aren't the Patriots that can afford to play that game of being so frugal especially when we don't have the right guy in there developing our offensive linemen.
           Stussie is still playing backup for the Rams at..... guess what ....left tackle where Mr Muir changed a 10 year starter at LT to a RT  with disasterous results.San Diego lands in the playoffs with 3 rookie linemen and a vet picked up to steady them .....who is that vet.....why its that castoff Roman Oben,how come we get rid of this guy...did we have that many better then him.
                  Other then the god awful quaterback play the offensive line is the main reason we are 0 and 3 and the bad play at qb gos hand in hand with our poor OL and our lousey running game.

#1 : October 06, 2006, 07:28:54 AM

Pat

It also goes quite a way in saying what a poor job Muir has done with this line.  At some point, the coaches must be held accountable.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 06, 2006, 07:53:04 AM

Well, it's Trueblood now and hopefully for the next 5-10 years. Is Verba playing anywhere? Not sure we wanted to replace one oft injured stater on the downside with another. Deese, Stuessie, Garner ring a bell? Lessons learned.
If we still need OT help this winter look forthe Bucs to be FA players there again. But for top dollar top level, not mid dollar low level. Just MHO.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

#3 : October 06, 2006, 08:05:45 AM

It IS time we stopped trying to put a band-aid on something that requires a tourniquet (sp?)

Bringing in guys for a 1-2 year stop-gap is not the answer.  Time to develop our own for the long-term.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 06, 2006, 08:11:38 AM

It IS time we stopped trying to put a band-aid on something that requires a tourniquet (sp?)

Bringing in guys for a 1-2 year stop-gap is not the answer. Time to develop our own for the long-term.

Absolutely! Either through the draft, like Trueblood, or going for a top level OT in his prime that can start here for years and excell.
Hopefully Anthony Davis becomes that guy at LT but this is probably his last chance to make the necessary improvement to show he can be the guy.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : October 06, 2006, 09:50:58 AM

or going for a top level OT in his prime that can start here for years and excell.

What a novel idea!!! Where have I heard that before. You let some other team take the risk drafting him and developing him...and if said team is stupid enough to allow their prized O-lineman to test the free agent market, then you make them pay for it.

People scoff at the notion of giving up a 1st and a 3rd for guys like Pace, Walter Jones or Hutchinson. Yet they fail to realize we gave up a 1st and 2nd for Kenyatta Walker.  I'll give up a 1st and 3rd in a heartbeat for an established O-lineman in his prime.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 06, 2006, 10:06:52 AM

What a novel idea!!! Where have I heard that before. You let some other team take the risk drafting him and developing him...and if said team is stupid enough to allow their prized O-lineman to test the free agent market, then you make them pay for it.

People scoff at the notion of giving up a 1st and a 3rd for guys like Pace, Walter Jones or Hutchinson. Yet they fail to realize we gave up a 1st and 2nd for Kenyatta Walker. I'll give up a 1st and 3rd in a heartbeat for an established O-lineman in his prime.

Especially if you're talking about a franchise letf tackle who can anchor a line for a decade. They are jsut as rare as franchise QB's in this league.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 06, 2006, 02:34:01 PM

Consider that we gave up two 1st rounders for #19 and then consider that we could have gotten Orlando Pace for less.  Actually no, don't consider that.  It's too painful to consider that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 03, 2007, 02:16:26 AM

Speaking of Yatta...(note the date)....what happens to this guy?

Is he still under wraps for next year?

I thought they inked him for one year, but....

Would not mind seeing him here for depth.  But as a starter, hell naw.  Even if he earns it.

phbuc

Rookie

#9 : January 03, 2007, 07:49:16 AM

Complain about Yatta if you like.  Just don't complain about the lack of a running
game.  Trueblood has held his own in pass blocking.  But he is absolutely
terrible in run blocking - no push upfield at all.  Is it his physical dimensions
that prevent him from getting leverage, or is it poor coaching or attitude?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 03, 2007, 08:36:30 AM

Pat

It also goes quite a way in saying what a poor job Muir has done with this line.  At some point, the coaches must be held accountable.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 03, 2007, 08:55:33 AM

Would not mind seeing him here for depth. But as a starter, hell naw. Even if he earns it.
As far as I know it was basically a one year contract at the minimum dressed up like a multi year deal. He'll be cut and either do another deal or go to another team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 03, 2007, 09:54:00 AM

Would not mind seeing him here for depth. But as a starter, hell naw. Even if he earns it.

He's contracted through 2010, however his salary jumps up in 2008.  Unless there is a big roster bonus in there for 2007, I think we should keep him around next year to compete for ROT.  I don't think Trueblood played well enough to be handed the job.

http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=30044
Salary History

2006 700000.00
2007 1950000.00
2008 4350000.00
2009 4550000.00
2010 4950000.00

#13 : January 03, 2007, 11:00:03 AM

He's contracted through 2010, however his salary jumps up in 2008.  Unless there is a big roster bonus in there for 2007, I think we should keep him around next year to compete for ROT.  I don't think Trueblood played well enough to be handed the job.

http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=30044
Salary History

2006 700000.00
2007 1950000.00
2008 4350000.00
2009 4550000.00
2010 4950000.00

Kenyetti's contract is basically a series of 1-year deals, so the Bucs do have an option out.  I agree that Trueblood shouldn't be handed the job, but he did show enough to make me think that he can keep the job.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 03, 2007, 11:47:04 AM

Verba was just about the last OL sitting out in FA, after sitting out an entire season.  his contract demands were excessive, especially when you consider a year of rust  on an older player, and the bucs could barely afford to sign guys like david boston and jamie winborn last year.  that's why we had to address our OL issues in the first 2 rounds of the draft.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: if they knew yatta was a risk.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools