Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zemaitis? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gone

Hall of Famer
« : October 20, 2006, 08:37:21 PM »

Strait a pro bowler... hahahaha. Its like saying Brackins will be a pro bowler... oh wait he has so many we loss count

Na man.. Strait if given the oppurtunity is really good. He didnt get along well in NY but he has SERIOUS potential.

Zemaitis not ready? In what aspect? He surly has to be better than Cox!
Have you ever watched him play?  In the NFL, not college?  No where near ready.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
« #1 : October 20, 2006, 08:34:11 PM »

Strait a pro bowler... hahahaha. Its like saying Brackins will be a pro bowler... oh wait he has so many we loss count

Na man.. Strait if given the oppurtunity is really good. He didnt get along well in NY but he has SERIOUS potential.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 20, 2006, 08:32:04 PM »

gone

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 20, 2006, 08:22:08 PM »

Buchannon is for returns.
Zemaitis is not ready, won't be for a while.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
« #4 : October 20, 2006, 08:20:40 PM »

What's up with this guy? I seen him on the field yet and T. Cox looks to be getting most of the reps behind Bolden.  Do you guys think this guy gets on the field this year?

And WTF why cut Strait for Buchannon? Strait is gonna be a Pro-Bowler if he gets the oppurtunity. I remember watching him out of Oklahoma and he was a star! I was praying to Mel Kiper on draft day that we would pick him!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : October 20, 2006, 09:25:15 PM »

I agree ... he isn't gonna get any better sitting on the bench. 

I think its because we haven't "mailed it in" yet.  I think the coaches and many of the players believe there is a chance to get back on track and make a good run.  With the schedule ahead, it looks like a slim chance - but none the less - there still is a chance.  The magic number could be around 7 or 8 losses.  Once we reach one of those I think we could see the strategy move to preparing the youngsters [ie. zemaitis, stovall, jenkins and maybe a few moved up from the PS] for next year.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #6 : October 20, 2006, 10:01:42 PM »

Straight was cut!!!!!

Oct 17, 2006 -

Looking to add depth to the cornerback position, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed former first-round draft pick Phillip Buchanon Tuesday, one day after he was released by the Houston Texans.

Due to Buchanon’s status as a vested veteran, the fifth-year cornerback was not subject to waivers and was immediately free to sign with the club of his choosing.

The Bucs made several other moves at Buchanon's position Tuesday, also releasing cornerback Derrick Strait from the active roster and CB Dion Byrum from the practice squad.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 20, 2006, 11:06:58 PM »

Alan Zemaitis, TB Oct. 20

Bucs cornerback Alan Zemaitis has reportedly struggled to learn his would-be responsibilities in the secondary.
The size-gifted rookie has been inactive all season. New acquisition Phillip Buchanon has a better chance to dress this Sunday than Zemaitis, who was originally viewed as a perfect fit in the Cover 2.

Source: Tampa Tribune

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 20, 2006, 11:12:30 PM »

Maybe Z should get some practice reps in at Safety

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #9 : October 20, 2006, 11:52:10 PM »

What's up with this guy? I seen him on the field yet and T. Cox looks to be getting most of the reps behind Bolden. Do you guys think this guy gets on the field this year?

And WTF why cut Strait for Buchannon? Strait is gonna be a Pro-Bowler if he gets the oppurtunity. I remember watching him out of Oklahoma and he was a star! I was praying to Mel Kiper on draft day that we would pick him!

This might help.
http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBVM66BJTE.html

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #10 : October 21, 2006, 12:20:03 AM »

I was praying to Mel Kiper on draft day that we would pick him!

Maybe you should have been praying to Bruce Allen or Gruden or at least someone in the organization.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Huey Freeman

Starter

« #11 : October 21, 2006, 03:21:32 AM »

Barber hardly played in 97.  In fact, Floyd Young was the young corner who was being activated for most of the games.  Give it time.

« #12 : October 21, 2006, 07:23:34 AM »

I can see it now....Z gets in and gets toasted a few times, then the chatter goes something like this:

"Why in the hell is Z on the field?!?!?  He's a rookie and not even ready.  What the hell are Gruden and Allen thinking?!?!?"

Translation:  Nobody's happy when you are 1-4.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #13 : October 21, 2006, 09:10:55 AM »

I do not care if he is toasted or not.  It makes no logical sense not to have him active on gamedays.  Same goes for Winborn.  I mean if you do not play them this year (Winborn will leave) and you will not know what you have in Zemaitis for next year. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #14 : October 21, 2006, 10:15:56 AM »

yeah i think winborn should be in rotation with brooks.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zemaitis? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools