Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hurricane Player shot & killed... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Sactobuc

Starter

: November 07, 2006, 10:57:38 PM

DL Bryan Pata dead from wounds sustained from gunshots shortly after leaving the practice field today.  Maybe a player from FIU was still a little pissed about the fight........

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 07, 2006, 11:07:33 PM

Strange, his major was criminology.   He probably would have ended up being a cop.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 07, 2006, 11:11:08 PM

Tough area to live in that's for sure.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 08, 2006, 12:27:19 AM

That is horrible.... :(

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 08, 2006, 01:00:46 AM

R.I.P. Bryan Pata, your future ended too early.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 08, 2006, 01:01:14 AM

I've been down there and sure most of you have as well. It's a bad town man, rough dangerous city.

I hate to say it but this doesn't suprise me at all.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 08, 2006, 01:41:57 AM

just what the canes need.talk about a rough season.man an i thought it was tough being a bucs fan right now.it just so happens i am also a huge miami canes fan.pata was a solid player and person.what a shame.my prayers go out to his family.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 08, 2006, 07:44:22 AM

What a sad day.  yahoo story here http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AsEVzbKMsuF9XXNY2fp.LlY5nYcB?slug=ap-miami-playerkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 08, 2006, 08:19:40 PM

It is a tragic day for this young man and his family.

Lets just be honest we are reserving judgment about what really happened, but nobody will be surprised if there is more to this story.  Nobody can honestly believe he was just walking down the street minding his own business and somebody just walked up and shot him in the head.

His hobby was collecting guns. He wanted to be an FBI agent some day. Does the FBI hire people who's passion in college is collecting guns? I don't think so.

He was a good guy by all accounts and he was unjustly gunned down in the prime of his youth.  No matter what details come out that won't change.

But what makes me upset is that college kids should not have guns.  These are not just people protecting themselves.  Having a gun is becoming a status symbol.  Supposedly a lot of these players have guns.   This is totally ridiculous. Its a disaster waiting to happen, and now we aren't waiting anymore. 

If anybody is from U of Miami and knows the rules about guns what are they if any? Are you allowed to have a gun on campus?  Anyway I will be interested to find out the details of this crime.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 08, 2006, 09:02:04 PM

Strange, his major was criminology. He probably would have ended up being a cop.

Probably not. He was projected as at LEAST a 3rd round pick

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 08, 2006, 09:34:47 PM

Strange, his major was criminology. He probably would have ended up being a cop.

Probably not. He was projected as at LEAST a 3rd round pick
Probably not.  I don't think the cops would hire somebody who's passion in college is collecting guns.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : November 08, 2006, 09:57:35 PM

It is a tragic day for this young man and his family.

Lets just be honest we are reserving judgment about what really happened, but nobody will be surprised if there is more to this story. Nobody can honestly believe he was just walking down the street minding his own business and somebody just walked up and shot him in the head.

His hobby was collecting guns. He wanted to be an FBI agent some day. Does the FBI hire people who's passion in college is collecting guns? I don't think so.

He was a good guy by all accounts and he was unjustly gunned down in the prime of his youth. No matter what details come out that won't change.

But what makes me upset is that college kids should not have guns. These are not just people protecting themselves. Having a gun is becoming a status symbol. Supposedly a lot of these players have guns. This is totally ridiculous. Its a disaster waiting to happen, and now we aren't waiting anymore.

If anybody is from U of Miami and knows the rules about guns what are they if any? Are you allowed to have a gun on campus? Anyway I will be interested to find out the details of this crime.

Do you have a link to all this info about guns and what not?  Everything I have seen pretty much says this guy was never in trouble, was a model teammate and leader, and everyone with anything to do with his life has spoken highly of him.  You try and make him out to be a thug or something.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 08, 2006, 10:01:50 PM

they said on espn if the nfl didnt work.. he wanted to be a FBI agent.

such a shame.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#13 : November 09, 2006, 03:04:44 AM

Do you have a link to all this info about guns and what not?  Everything I have seen pretty much says this guy was never in trouble, was a model teammate and leader, and everyone with anything to do with his life has spoken highly of him.  You try and make him out to be a thug or something.

Well obviously, he COLLECTS GUNS! Nice to still see that stigma though about something thats completely legal.....

Not saying he was a model citizen, or that he wasn't, because I don't know much about the guy personally. But if your main beef with him was that he "collects guns", that doesn't sound like much of a legitimate argument for why you think that. Also, my friend had 4 or 5 guns in college and he's going to be a cop. Not like you claim Pata, he's actually employed by the department. So much for that theory....

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#14 : November 09, 2006, 01:13:40 PM

That's pretty sad. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hurricane Player shot & killed... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools