Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Brooks be moved to MLB next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 08, 2006, 01:32:37 PM

I don't think one of those guys shows up next year if DB is still on the roster.  And if they do hey great competition for us.  Nothing says that a declining HOF'er doesn't need to be pushed.  Heck he hasn't been for about 9 years or so.  Isn't now with Winborn, who i think is his replacement.  Bring on the best WLB's in the league and see what DB brings in that scenario...If I'm a betting man, I'd bet #55...but that's just me...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 08, 2006, 01:39:15 PM

So the Bucs draft linebackers to help shore up that area?  Go young and unproven again?  And then the Bucs try to sign who with all that extra money? 

There are a lot of holes to fill, but the linebacking FA class coming up is good, and if the Bucs pass up an opportunity...

I would not mind seeing DB moved to Sam.  It is easier for me, and probably him, to accept that role than to be benched as a "mentor".  Winborn doesn't even suit up some games, and that has me scratching my head.  I agree, DB should still be playing, but his window is coming to a close REAL fast.  After next year, I bet he retires.

Bucs need a lot of things, I am just hypothesizing here.

Seriously, what happens if Briggs gets signed?  Do you honestly think they are going to bring him in just to "push" DB?  I think they are signing him to START him.

Tell me what is wrong with Briggs/Ruud/Brooks as your trio?  ASide from the "hit to the pride" DB would take?  I think his ego could handle it.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 08, 2006, 01:44:39 PM

Tell me what is wrong with Briggs/Ruud/Brooks as your trio? ASide from the "hit to the pride" DB would take? I think his ego could handle it.

That's the beauty of it, Brooks has shown no signs of being an egomaniac. His multiple voluntary contract restructures is attest to that.

The only worry I have is that he doesn't see this team making big enough forward strides to salve the probable stress he's feeling as he watches the offense flounder once again.

A man can only take so much frustration.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 08, 2006, 03:16:37 PM

So the Bucs draft linebackers to help shore up that area? Go young and unproven again? And then the Bucs try to sign who with all that extra money?

There are a lot of holes to fill, but the linebacking FA class coming up is good, and if the Bucs pass up an opportunity...

I would not mind seeing DB moved to Sam. It is easier for me, and probably him, to accept that role than to be benched as a "mentor". Winborn doesn't even suit up some games, and that has me scratching my head. I agree, DB should still be playing, but his window is coming to a close REAL fast. After next year, I bet he retires.

Bucs need a lot of things, I am just hypothesizing here.

Seriously, what happens if Briggs gets signed? Do you honestly think they are going to bring him in just to "push" DB? I think they are signing him to START him.

Tell me what is wrong with Briggs/Ruud/Brooks as your trio? ASide from the "hit to the pride" DB would take? I think his ego could handle it.

Nice post Boid.  If those things fall into place like that, then so be it.  More power to us.  While DB doesn't show you that side in public.  I gotta feeling dude will not relinquish that position.  Briggs or whomever will have to come in and take it!  Now I like that scenario much better.  Because then you get true competition and you get to see who is good and who has true greatness...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#34 : November 08, 2006, 04:08:06 PM

IMO Brooks should be moved to the ORL...Officially Retired List. He's had a Hall of Fame Career in Tampa, but it is painful to watch how slow he has become and how his tackling techniques have waned.

A guy as awesome as DB should go out reasonably on top rather than embarrass himself.

I believe DB had 11 or so tackles on Sunday doesn't really seem like he's slowing down. The Westbrook play, 99.9% of the time he makes that tackle. Brooks did have a INT for TD, but he had it nullified by a dumb penalty, DB still has it.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 08, 2006, 04:12:07 PM

Not sure if this has been said but I don't know if brooks could stand in there and take on guards/centers at the POA at his age over a full season.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 08, 2006, 05:25:16 PM

I think we definitely need to Get Ruud on the Field, regardless of how... The Guy is going to be an absolute Stud for a long time, He just needs some playing time...

I hope you are right.  We will see in time.  Hopefully he makes plays happen.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#37 : November 08, 2006, 05:16:19 PM

I think we definitely need to Get Ruud on the Field, regardless of how... The Guy is going to be an absolute Stud for a long time, He just needs some playing time...

$$$

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#38 : November 08, 2006, 05:29:16 PM

I hope you are right.  We will see in time.  Hopefully he makes plays happen.
I hope so too...

Well I know for a fact the guy can hit, soo that should strike fear into another teams offense...

$$$

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 08, 2006, 08:02:50 PM

I didn't know Brooks played baseball

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 08, 2006, 08:03:40 PM

wow ... theres some serious crack smokin' goin' on up in here.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 08, 2006, 09:13:10 PM

wow ... theres some serious crack smokin' goin' on up in here.

Care to explain?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Brooks be moved to MLB next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools