Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smoke screen sent to Simms? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 08, 2006, 03:34:09 PM

He would be the ideal QB for this team

How could you possibly know such a thing?

#31 : November 08, 2006, 03:36:03 PM

Ive seen him play? He would be the ideal QB for the FAlcons also

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 08, 2006, 03:36:10 PM

I would love to have Schaub but will he be available? I don't want to trade a pick.

Baghead #2

skip

Starter

#33 : November 08, 2006, 03:37:56 PM

I hope they resign Simms, everyone was raving about him during training camp practice including Gruden. I'll take Simms over Gradkowski anytime. Resign Simms to a short term contract and bring in an experienced veteran and let Gradkowski fight it out with whomever for a roster spot.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#34 : November 08, 2006, 10:28:23 PM

I think Simms would be crazy or in love with Gruden and ready to tattoo JG on his other ankle if he were to stay here. If he is lucky he would be a back-up in Grudens system, Simms looks to go deep and almost resist going to his check down, a Gruden guy tends to throw to the guy farthest from the first down marker, (i.e Griese and Grad's). We need a top 5 D, or a pro bowl calibre QB for Grudens offense to go far in the playoffs.
I don't think Gruden can make a great QB, he would have to get lucky and take a vet that has been overlooked or for some reason never got a real shot and happens to have a lot of talent.
He treats Grad's better than he did Simms (red headed step child) but I think he will snap eventually, and I get the feeling Grad's will get fed up with it and snap back on him (he is young give him time to make himself at home), where as Simms has so much respect for Gruden he would not even dump the Gatorade on him.
Maybe a guy like Jake Plummer can be Grudens next Gannon, I use him because I can't think of any other mobile vets right now.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 09, 2006, 10:40:54 AM

Green may be come avaliable.
Not sure on the fit but he is a vet.

BucsAddict

Starter

#36 : November 09, 2006, 10:55:24 AM

I think they will , most assuredly, sign a FA vet. Gruden's job depends on having a strong showing in '07-'08. Whether or not Gradkowski will be the starter is debatable - he shows flashes of being good and then flashes of being a rookie - so despite all the Gradkowski sack riders theres no way to be sure he is going to be a top flight qb.

This league is all about the money and the Glazers dont make money in a half empty stadium. Gruden doesnt get a pass next year.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 09, 2006, 10:56:10 AM

Schaub is not the vet this team needs.  He could end up being the second coming of Rob Johnson.   :o Jake Plummer or Trent Green are the most likely candidates.

BucsAddict

Starter

#38 : November 09, 2006, 10:58:35 AM

Schaub is not the vet this team needs. He could end up being the second coming of Rob Johnson. :o Jake Plummer or Trent Green are the most likely candidates.

just say no to Brian grie.. er Jake Plummer

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 09, 2006, 11:06:53 AM

Schaub is not the vet this team needs. He could end up being the second coming of Rob Johnson. :o Jake Plummer or Trent Green are the most likely candidates.

Green or Huard would be good signings, I think.  I'm still holding out hope that we swing a deal for Carr, who I think would be a great fit for this offense.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 09, 2006, 11:08:48 AM

Carr would be great IMHO as well but we would be losing out on a 1st and not sure what else. I don't know if that would be a smart move.

Baghead #2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 09, 2006, 11:12:53 AM

Carr would be great IMHO as well but we would be losing out on a 1st and not sure what else. I don't know if that would be a smart move.

Good points, but he's already been benched once this season, and if Houston continues to lose they may be looking for a QB change to appease the fans (as they almost did this year).  If that's the case, they would probably be willing to part with Carr for a little less.  Add the fact that he is proven in the NFL, and I think that takes away some of the risk you normally have with a day 1 pick.  Of course if Grads is really lighting it up by the end of the year all this discussion might be moot.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 09, 2006, 11:37:37 AM

The problem I have with Carr is if he is not a fit for the Texans WCO I have my doubts about him fitting here. 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 09, 2006, 12:05:59 PM

I hear ya and maybe Carr is not the answer, I don't think we make the move for him anyway but he does have a 93 something rating, so this is without a doubt his best season.

Also, with the benching I think that was more to make a point.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 09, 2006, 12:17:58 PM

Carr is an efficient passer (especially with a better scheme that fits his talents) and he is mobile but I am not sure he is the veteran that Gruden is looking for.  Carr has all the tools needed to suceed in the WCO and the improvement of his play compared to his past has shown this.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Smoke screen sent to Simms? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools