Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dr. Stroud skewers Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 05, 2007, 11:50:10 PM

There's only one publication that needs representation for Bucs fans: PR!! All the rest belong under somebody engine during a fluid change.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 05, 2007, 11:53:50 PM

Dr. Stroud is the Bird Brain from Biasville.

In Verner We Trust

blitz

Pro Bowler
#17 : September 05, 2007, 11:54:19 PM

Dr. Stroud forgot to mention that Gruden's Bucs beat Philly every time they meet.   Does that mean he's a great coach or is it just dumb luck??  Should be a fun year though.   Shotgun city!  

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 05, 2007, 11:57:04 PM

If you want to respond then one of you write a column about what a great job Gruden has done in the same format. Please, somebody explain to all of us what's so great about what's going on at One Buc that is supposed to give us any hope for the future.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

spartan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 06, 2007, 12:04:33 AM

Interesting read.....some of it no doubt is true, but it was pretty biased.

Pretty? PRETTY?

I have no doubt what so ever that a lot of this can be construed as true. However, as with everything there is always 2 sides to a story. What this 'article', and I do use the term in it's loosest definition is to throw any attempt at objectivity out of the window.  Some people ask why people like me are 'Grudenistas', well to be honest it is because of crap like this. It smacks of playground bullying and if you see an 8th grader picking on a 2nd grader you step in. It doesn't matter if the 8th grader has a valid reason or not, it is what he is doing that is objectionable so you put a stop to it. Not saying that Gruden is a little fish or owt, but I hope people get my point.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#20 : September 06, 2007, 12:06:22 AM

For one thing, I am thrilled with our draft picks and free agents. We have a team that's being molded over the last few drafts and I like where we are headed. All this gloom and doom hatred from people with an agenda sucks. We are beginning a new season and Rick sounds sick, sad and sorry. I can almost smell his rotten ideas 75 miles south.

He is the one who wrote the Tony Dungy firing piece on the eve of our Championship game and took a lot of joy and anticipation out of that. I know we lost but he killed the spirit.

It seems he still after whatever he can spoil or kill. What is it will the sick dweebs?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 06, 2007, 12:07:39 AM

If you want to respond then one of you write a column about what a great job Gruden has done in the same format. Please, somebody explain to all of us what's so great about what's going on at One Buc that is supposed to give us any hope for the future.

Um, ah, won a Superbowl?

#22 : September 06, 2007, 12:13:13 AM

Dr. Stroud isn't the only one, even here at the PR Haven just countless of "fans" who dedicate to Bash Gruden and Allen. I just don't understand what they are trying to accomplish. Gruden and Allen are in the NFL, they've worked hard to achieve their success. Gruden has proved himself enough by reaching success at a young age and with his first season as a Bucs coach. Now the team is shaping to be succesful in the future, we're already seeing the fruits of it. This season will prove just that.

I'm not negative, I'm a fan. I joined this site so I can have fun and just read up on the current happenings of this team. It just seems everywhere I read there is a lot of negativity in this site, it seems polluted with evil people who call themselves fans. I'm a girl so I'm just sensitive and get offended easily I guess. Also, I'm not used to this kinda've bitterness because where I come from the fans are loyal and so optimistic, I'm envious of that atmosphere.

anyway, I'm leaving this short lived site.

for those of you who are true Loyal fans - LET'S HAVE A ROCKING SEASON!!!!

GO BUCS!!!!

benir0

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 06, 2007, 12:13:47 AM

Or...how about just writing a piece where you are neither a lap dog or a bitter writer with a vendetta?  Stroud as "journalist" is really pushing it.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 06, 2007, 12:14:18 AM

It's all awful, Bornabuc. We should just all jump ship. Turn in our tickets. Never go to the games. Throw poisonous spears at Gruden as he exits the lockerroom. Build a wooden trojan horse and set fire to the city!!!
OR...... realize there is almost always hope, we're a year removed from a division title and that Gruden didn't start coaching the Bucs in 2003. He started in 2002. Why keep mentioning 2003 as a starting point? Because it carefully omits his best year. These type of columns disappeared for a year when the Bucs went 11-5. Funny how they reappeared so quickly once we went 4-12. This column was written in spirit the last day of the 2007 season. Our misery, our 4-12 headache was a Christmas present for the Agend-ites.
I won't sit here and praise Gruden's last four seasons; three of them have been lousy, doggone lousy. But I won't ignore the two good ones either, make that one AWESOME and one good. Why you do is your own problem.

In Verner We Trust

spartan

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 06, 2007, 12:14:45 AM

For one thing, I am thrilled with our draft picks and free agents. We have a team that's being molded over the last few drafts and I like where we are headed. All this gloom and doom hatred from people with an agenda sucks. We are beginning a new season and Rick sounds sick, sad and sorry. I can almost smell his rotten ideas 75 miles south.

He is the one who wrote the Tony Dungy firing piece on the eve of our Championship game and took a lot of joy and anticipation out of that. I know we lost but he killed the spirit.

It seems he still after whatever he can spoil or kill. What is it will the sick dweebs?

There does seem to be a trend in Journalism these days that an impact story has to be negative and/or bad news to be worth reading. A flair for the drama shall we say, or even the sign of good journalism is if you 'out' somebody in some form or fashion. Take a look at Iraq. Any good news reported there? Nope. (and not getting into the politics of it), but it is easier, more dramatic and 'readable' if you report on bombs and people dying. In Politics it is all about catching somebody in trouble,  hypocrisy, abuse of power etc. In sports its all about finding some way of bringing an icon or local celebrity down. It is as if you're not a real journalist until you have brought someone of note down. With Stroud, it's Gruden.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 06, 2007, 12:15:52 AM

Don't leave us, Closet. Good times are ahead. The Agendites will disappear into their little crudholes as soon as we win a few. We need you!

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 06, 2007, 12:17:46 AM

It's not just about Stroud. There are a good half dozen writers that have covered this team the last four seasons that are just plain unreadable most of the time.

In Verner We Trust

superbuc

Practice Squad
#28 : September 06, 2007, 12:19:27 AM

Don't leave us, Closet. Good times are ahead. The Agendites will disappear into their little crudholes as soon as we win a few. We need you!

She shouldn't feel that way at all here.  If anything, many posters here get accused of being proGruden and Allen where we're just Bucs fans and realize we're 0-0 and it's a long season, with many things that can happen.

Stay Closet...time go to worst to first!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 06, 2007, 12:22:33 AM

The article was factual but slanted, not unlike the recent Flynn's Focus, albeit with the opposite spin.  Read them both together and it gives you a more complete picture.  But not a very pretty one.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dr. Stroud skewers Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools