Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dr. Stroud skewers Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

richbucsfan

Starter

#90 : September 07, 2007, 10:08:03 PM

I knew when Bruce Allen called him "Dr Stroud" there would be hell to pay.  You never ever pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the gallon.  You can't win that one.  Shows Stroud's lack of character to take advantage of his job to write like that.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#91 : September 07, 2007, 11:07:32 PM

Well said, Ryan. **CENSORED** Young was a great columnist but vindictive, much in the way that Stroud is. Eventually, Young became known as the guy who got Seaver traded and it killed his reputation. Stroud's best column will never equal Young's 1,000th best column. He's just a mean punk given too much voice in a bad market for writers.

In Verner We Trust

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#92 : September 08, 2007, 12:35:59 AM

Well said, Ryan. **CENSORED** Young was a great columnist but vindictive, much in the way that Stroud is. Eventually, Young became known as the guy who got Seaver traded and it killed his reputation. Stroud's best column will never equal Young's 1,000th best column. He's just a mean punk given too much voice in a bad market for writers.

Don't want to take this too far off track but unfortunately Young's son in law was hired by the Mets and this seem to drive Young to take the club's side. He was a beaten man after that incident and was booed at the HOF ceremony when he was inducted.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#93 : September 08, 2007, 09:08:52 AM

This is why I devoted my four hours on WDAE when I replaced Steve Duemig a couple of weeks ago to discussing media bias and agenda-driven reporting on the Buccaneers, specifically Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden. For those of you who didn't believe me, the article you are commenting on is Exhibit A.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#94 : September 08, 2007, 10:22:30 AM

I heard some of that SR - I couldn't belive you were getting away with it. I had this mental picture of you bracing yourself against the studio door and taunting them on the other side of the glass!

Nice work BTW

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#95 : September 08, 2007, 01:03:47 PM

If you want to respond then one of you write a column about what a great job Gruden has done in the same format. Please, somebody explain to all of us what's so great about what's going on at One Buc that is supposed to give us any hope for the future.

WOW I can't believe you at this point that all is 0-0 and you have no hope???? You are either dead or have your head in a hole. Man I can't believe how people give up before the first snap of the first game. Some of you folks like Stroud and others need to throw your computers away for life. Your embarassing your own brains...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#96 : September 08, 2007, 01:13:52 PM

Dr. Stroud isn't the only one, even here at the PR Haven just countless of "fans" who dedicate to Bash Gruden and Allen. I just don't understand what they are trying to accomplish. Gruden and Allen are in the NFL, they've worked hard to achieve their success. Gruden has proved himself enough by reaching success at a young age and with his first season as a Bucs coach. Now the team is shaping to be succesful in the future, we're already seeing the fruits of it. This season will prove just that.

I'm not negative, I'm a fan. I joined this site so I can have fun and just read up on the current happenings of this team. It just seems everywhere I read there is a lot of negativity in this site, it seems polluted with evil people who call themselves fans. I'm a girl so I'm just sensitive and get offended easily I guess. Also, I'm not used to this kinda've bitterness because where I come from the fans are loyal and so optimistic, I'm envious of that atmosphere.

anyway, I'm leaving this short lived site.

for those of you who are true Loyal fans - LET'S HAVE A ROCKING SEASON!!!!

GO BUCS!!!!

I think you are speaking for more than yourself. I just joined as a Pewter Insider for the year and if this is as good as it gets then it will be my last year also. I do ask that you stay for this season and then decide like some of us who have committed...OBD

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#97 : September 08, 2007, 04:45:23 PM

7-9, 5-11 & 4-12, flip each of those and there would not be one fan "bashing" Gruden/Allen. There may be some in the media that still would, but how stupid would they look bashing a coach if his worst record here was 9-7?
The problem is so many people in here are in love with Gruden that no matter what happens they will back him up, and have excuses for all his mistakes and for bringing in a system that looks good on paper but only works with Gannon or someone with all of Gannons tools for it to work and get us out of the 20th rankings in offense or a top D that plays lights out every game.
How is thinking Gruden served his purpose for us and thinking its time for him to go conidered bashing?
SO IF I gho to an accountant one year and he gets me back my best tax return ever one year, then has 3 years where I end up owing money I should just let him keep doing it because he did a good job ONCE.
Gruden did a good job here one year 2002, but in 2005 he did it with a number 1 D and 2 QB's who he did not even like and he had no other choice, oh and you really can't say he did it with HIS system in 05 because he did it with max protect and a few big plays and a rookie HB that started off on fire. THe guy gets one year out of players then they seem to tune him out, I find that happens a lot when you hear nothing but BS, like I hear from a few people in here.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#98 : September 08, 2007, 05:02:20 PM

You skipped two; 12-4 & 11-5 - failing to include this when you know what this team was dealing over the past several years reveals your bias. You don't understand the pain of 10 years of double digit losses - so you can't know what was accomplished when we won a Superbowl.

You have no concept of never even considering a SUPER-FREAKIN-BOWL run

Your fan credentials should be revoked and you should have to turn in your A-Train whistle and that Chucky doll you have in your closet should be given to someone that deserves it. You are not a fan and I'm not sure why you come here?

You are a member of the vocal minority - we don't believe like you and you have allowed your hatred for a man to cloud your judgement of this team.

Be a real fan - and like your mommy used to say "...if you can't something nice (before the season even starts)

Just don't say anything at all.

As for you closetmonster and OBD - stick around my freinds there are more of us than these haters.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#99 : September 09, 2007, 12:30:14 PM

Interesting read.....some of it no doubt is true, but it was pretty biased.

Pretty? PRETTY?

I have no doubt what so ever that a lot of this can be construed as true. However, as with everything there is always 2 sides to a story. What this 'article', and I do use the term in it's loosest definition is to throw any attempt at objectivity out of the window. Some people ask why people like me are 'Grudenistas', well to be honest it is because of crap like this. It smacks of playground bullying and if you see an 8th grader picking on a 2nd grader you step in. It doesn't matter if the 8th grader has a valid reason or not, it is what he is doing that is objectionable so you put a stop to it. Not saying that Gruden is a little fish or owt, but I hope people get my point.

That's cool, BUT Gruden receives a TON of criticism in the media. Why do you think that is? Is it a big conspiracy that has zero credence or, more likely, is Gruden at least somewhat deserving of his poor reputation. I like Gruden's burning desire to win and I think he is a good coach, however, some of the moves he has made (or played a part in) have been really poor. Also, his handling of icons like Lynch was disgraceful. Gruden deserves a lot of credit for bringing the Lombardi Trophy to Tampa, but he hasn't done much since. In fact, he has been pretty mediocre.

I am not a Gruden hater in the least and hope he / the Bucs have a fantastic season. It's just that when I look at Gruden I see a lot of flaws to go along with the "genius" label.

I don't think it is a conspiracy - bc the group who is writing locally and feeding the national reporters is simply to stupid to form a conspiracy. 

That said - they are copy cats seizing opportunities for audience in a market that is rejecing newspapers as a source of information.  So they mimic shock jocks just to create audience - you can't do that and be positive nor honest - so there you have it.

I saw and heard the Glazers charge the GM and HC this spring - looking for significant improvement.  Locals have that to win (get to the playoffs) or be fired.  What a crock.  Glazers figured out what it was going to take to get to the SB.  They are now on their second gm and second hc.  They have seen the processes and can make decisions - too bad the local media is so unreliable and untrustworthy that no one in the organization with talk to them on or off the record. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#100 : September 09, 2007, 12:35:42 PM

Nice analysis dbuc - spot on - imho

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dr. Stroud skewers Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools