Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Allen quietly building a winner this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
: September 07, 2007, 10:43:58 AM

I know its hard to see it, but remember when Gruden came here all the additions he had to make on offense to get a credible 11 players on that side of the ball? 

Look at this team, he now has his Veteran play caller that I think can be better than Brad Johnson. - Push 2002
He has his running backs(Pittman and Caddy) - better than 2002
He has a average to above average offensive line - same as 2002
He has about the same talent in WR and TE - same as 2002

Yes the defense isn't as good but i believe it is a lot better than last year and about the same as 2005.
Added Carter, June, Trotter, Raheem Morris, Kelly is back and sprinkled in rookies that have talent all over the place.

I see a bright future for the Bucs, no the QB position is far from solid, but if Plummer comes back next year I really would like to see what Gruden can do with his skills.

Yes there is hope, even if the fish wraps can't see past McKay and Dungy.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 07, 2007, 11:14:22 AM

The offensive line still has a lot to prove and no way Galloway, Clayton, and Stovall are close to what Keyshawn, Keenan, and Jurevicius were.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 07, 2007, 11:22:15 AM

The offensive line still has a lot to prove and no way Galloway, Clayton, and Stovall are close to what Keyshawn, Keenan, and Jurevicius were.

I mentioned TE and WR together to show that we have more talent at TE than in 2002 but less at WR in 2002. 

I would rather have Galloway 2007 than Keyshawn 2002 any day.  Would I rather have Keenan and Jurevicius (2002) than our other receivers(2007), yes.  But we haven't seen what Stovall can put together yet so I am excited to see him show his stuff this year.  Boston is a toss up as to what he has and if he will be able to play, dumb $$$

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 07, 2007, 01:01:40 PM

There is more reason for optimism this year than last I believe. Last year I think we knew going in we had to rely on the defense, then when the injuries started happening, it unraveled quickly. The backups crumbled early and often. See a little more hope this year.

vladin

Starter

#4 : September 07, 2007, 02:02:04 PM

Keyshawn, McCardell, and Juriviceous > Galloway and a bunch of scrubs in my opinion.

#5 : September 07, 2007, 02:08:41 PM

Keyshawn, McCardell, and Juriviceous > Galloway and a bunch of scrubs in my opinion.

Ray Charles could see that!!!!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 07, 2007, 02:10:33 PM

And don't deny the contributions of Dilger, Dudley, and Moore in 2002.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

vladin

Starter

#7 : September 07, 2007, 02:10:59 PM

"Georgia.... Georgia.... "

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#8 : September 07, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

I know its hard to see it, but remember when Gruden came here all the additions he had to make on offense to get a credible 11 players on that side of the ball?

Look at this team, he now has his Veteran play caller that I think can be better than Brad Johnson. - Push 2002
He has his running backs(Pittman and Caddy) - better than 2002
He has a average to above average offensive line - same as 2002
He has about the same talent in WR and TE - same as 2002

Yes the defense isn't as good but i believe it is a lot better than last year and about the same as 2005.
Added Carter, June, Trotter, Raheem Morris, Kelly is back and sprinkled in rookies that have talent all over the place.

I see a bright future for the Bucs, no the QB position is far from solid, but if Plummer comes back next year I really would like to see what Gruden can do with his skills.

Yes there is hope, even if the fish wraps can't see past McKay and Dungy.

I agree with a lot of that other than the TE & WR. We had a better WR & TE group in 2002 by far.  Keyshawn, Kennan and JJ and Dilger much better group than we have now. We have Gallaway and the rest are question marks. I don't recall too many fumbles or drops with that group.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 07, 2007, 06:15:31 PM

yeah and a bunch of guys with DUI's

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 07, 2007, 07:16:36 PM

A lot of teams have players with problems.. lets not forget, pittman was there too and he has been a solid performer.. I want to know what they do ON the playing field.. if they screw their life up off the field thats their problem.. This is a what have you done for me lately league.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 07, 2007, 07:51:02 PM

Georgia...Georgiaaaaaaaaaah.....

Still got Calvin on the brain, huh?

#12 : September 07, 2007, 08:09:04 PM

lol... took a while to get the connection.

Nah, Calvin was gone when we selected. It was outta our hands.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 08, 2007, 12:14:02 PM

QB-Brad Johnson in 2002 was better then Garcia last year. We'll see what Garcia does this year but BJ put up good numbers in 2002 and you shouldn't discount that. I believe we are in equal shape if Garcia goes down as we were in 2002. I'm hyped on Garcia but I'm not ready to say he's better then BJ because BJ beat the crap out of San Fran and Garcia looked like a college QB in that game. PS-I'm suprised T.O. hasn't commented on Garcia lately.

RB-We've still got Pittman but don't have Alstott or Stecker. We've basically just picked up Cadillac. Askew is no Alstott and we have nobody who can consistently get the trenches yards. Caddy is no guarantee after last year. I'd say we have an equal backfield with no proven short yardage back.

WR/TE-No comparison, our WR's in 2002 blow our current wide receivers away. Our current tight ends look good but in 2002 our TEs contributed huge. The last couple of years our TEs haven't done much. If you're combining the two then 2002 is light years ahead.

OL-Our current offensive line is completely unproven. In 2002 our offensive line was able to keep a statue upright. Hopefully this years bunch can play well enough to let Garcia move around and get 1st downs. Being that this year's group hasn't played yet I'll have to give the edge to 2002.

DL-Our defensive line from 2002 was a menace, one of the best in history. This years bunch is not even close.

DB-Without Lynch and Jackson we don't look anywhere near as good.

Please don't compare this years team to 2002's anymore.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 09, 2007, 02:45:05 AM

QB-Brad Johnson in 2002 was better then Garcia last year. We'll see what Garcia does this year but BJ put up good numbers in 2002 and you shouldn't discount that. I believe we are in equal shape if Garcia goes down as we were in 2002. I'm hyped on Garcia but I'm not ready to say he's better then BJ because BJ beat the crap out of San Fran and Garcia looked like a college QB in that game. PS-I'm suprised T.O. hasn't commented on Garcia lately.

RB-We've still got Pittman but don't have Alstott or Stecker. We've basically just picked up Cadillac. Askew is no Alstott and we have nobody who can consistently get the trenches yards. Caddy is no guarantee after last year. I'd say we have an equal backfield with no proven short yardage back.

WR/TE-No comparison, our WR's in 2002 blow our current wide receivers away. Our current tight ends look good but in 2002 our TEs contributed huge. The last couple of years our TEs haven't done much. If you're combining the two then 2002 is light years ahead.

OL-Our current offensive line is completely unproven. In 2002 our offensive line was able to keep a statue upright. Hopefully this years bunch can play well enough to let Garcia move around and get 1st downs. Being that this year's group hasn't played yet I'll have to give the edge to 2002.

DL-Our defensive line from 2002 was a menace, one of the best in history. This years bunch is not even close.

DB-Without Lynch and Jackson we don't look anywhere near as good.

Please don't compare this years team to 2002's anymore.

Great comparison, but I compared our offense with 2002 and our defense with 2005. 

But yeah amazing how our 2002 super bowl defense with a good offense compares to this years team.  Im glad you threw out the most pessimistic view of our team this year. 

Actually what I get from your post is our Offense is on even par with 2002 and our defense isn't close to it.  Yes you are right.  But our Defense is close to our 2005 defense and our offense is just as good if not better due to our O-Line. 

So my guess is that we have a chance this year at the post season.  That is reason enough to get excited.
[

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Allen quietly building a winner this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools