Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inexplicable Feelings « previous next »
Page: 1

: September 08, 2007, 07:33:45 PM

I know on paper this team doesn't seem like a top tier unit, but I have this inexplicable good feeling about not only the season, but especially tomorrow. Things just seem set up for us to take the NFL by storm this year. We could be horrible or mediocre, but I just don't feel like we will. Although this team does not look talented, I think by the time the season's over the Bucs will be recognized as one of the most deep and talented teams in the league. Call me crazy or foolishly optimistic, but I just have positive feelings. My head is telling me this team is not very good, but I can't ignore my gut, this year just seems different. The comments that Gruden has been making about the team give the sense that he is excited about this team and its potential unlike in any other year since maybe the Super Bowl. I haven't seen him look this confident in a while. Trust me, I have my doubts, but underneath that things just feel good.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 08, 2007, 08:03:42 PM

Crazy or foolishly optimistic. There. Feel better? Tough first game. But the longer we're in it, the better our chances. Week 1, anybody, anywhere, anything goes.

In Verner We Trust

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 08, 2007, 08:06:48 PM

yeah if our D can come out like the colts D we will be ok

benir0

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 08, 2007, 08:09:38 PM

I know on paper this team doesn't seem like a top tier unit, but I have this inexplicable good feeling about not only the season, but especially tomorrow. Things just seem set up for us to take the NFL by storm this year. We could be horrible or mediocre, but I just don't feel like we will. Although this team does not look talented, I think by the time the season's over the Bucs will be recognized as one of the most deep and talented teams in the league. Call me crazy or foolishly optimistic, but I just have positive feelings. My head is telling me this team is not very good, but I can't ignore my gut, this year just seems different. The comments that Gruden has been making about the team give the sense that he is excited about this team and its potential unlike in any other year since maybe the Super Bowl. I haven't seen him look this confident in a while. Trust me, I have my doubts, but underneath that things just feel good.

Hehe...I'm a doctor (not really), and it's clear to me that (places stethoscope at various points, palpatinmg chest)...

Yep...yer a Bucs fan.  I'm feeling the same way...  :)

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 08, 2007, 08:11:31 PM

I'm a realist, but I wish you're optimism was contagious

#5 : September 08, 2007, 08:33:24 PM

Haha i wish it was too. Man I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight, I'm so pumped for tomorrow!

Moosedrool

Starter

#6 : September 08, 2007, 08:59:40 PM

I'm agreeing with you Cuttthroat - I think we can go in there and get a W. I know we don't play well out west, and if they do hang a big fat L on us I hope it's not like 28-7 or something and that we play well.

I'll light a candle

DBrooksHOF

Rookie

#7 : September 08, 2007, 09:14:14 PM

I sure wish I had the same feeling as you.....but I think we will suffer from the playcalling of Gruden

benir0

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 08, 2007, 09:38:30 PM

I sure wish I had the same feeling as you.....but I think we will suffer from the playcalling of Gruden

I don't think that Gruden's playcalling is the issue...not when he has players to execute the plays well.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : September 08, 2007, 09:46:39 PM

This is a trap game for Seattle. They're a good team and everybody expects big things from them while we are not. We need to travel across the US to get there, as well. They know that, and also they realize that this is a home game for them and so they have an advantage there.

I think they could underestimate this team. We have a better team than a lot of people are going to give us credit for due to our 4-12 season a year ago.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 08, 2007, 11:27:42 PM

The homer in me always, no matter what, thinks the Bucs have a chance to beat anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Except when they fly to the West Coast to play.  I think the BUcs suck on the West Coast.  Call it jet lag, pressure change, whatever. 

The Superbowl was great, but they had a long time to adjust themselves to that neck of the woods.

I think Seattle is going to easily beat the Bucs.

Come halftime, when the Bucs are trailing by 13 plus, Gruden will totally abandon his running back attack, and air the ball out 45-50 times. 

Just my hunch about this particular game.

But New Orleans is a different story.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#11 : September 09, 2007, 02:24:58 AM

My 5 inexplicable feelings about the upcoming season:

1. Carnell isn't a receiving tailback -- yet, I still expect Garcia to direct upwards of 5-7 passes per game in his direction.

2. Unless the team starts utilizing the blitz more, the defense is still going to struggle to pressure the passer this year.

3. No matter how many picks this franchise invests in the offensive line, they somehow always manage to either outright stink or (at best) get termed a "Work in progress."

4. You'll be able to tell how hot the fire is under Gruden by how quickly the team goes pass-wacky early in the season when trailing.

5. Luke McCown will be starting games by Week 8.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : September 09, 2007, 03:50:11 AM

I'm a realist, but I wish you're optimism was contagious

Me too.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 09, 2007, 06:56:18 AM

It's gonna' be a great day, tater.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inexplicable Feelings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools