Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seattle is overrated « previous next »
Page: 1

: September 08, 2007, 07:40:43 PM

Going along with my earlier post, I do not believe this team is nearly as good as many are making them out to be. Their Super Bowl window has closed, and I think their playoff window is just about shut as well. On offense they are aging, and I think Alexander will continue to decline as all the carries in past season catch up with him. While their o-line still has Walter Jones, they have suffered in the middle without Hutchinson, and their running game will continue to struggle. This puts more pressure on Hasselbeck, who is a very good quarterback, but does not have enough help in the passing game. His wide receivers are average at best, maybe with the exception of Branch, and he will have trouble staying upright this season, IMO. Their defense is much younger, but I see it as the Indy defense of several years ago, fast but soft and vulnerable against the run. There is no way we shouldn't give Caddy 25+ carries in this game, and pound the soft middle of that defense. Passing will be much more dangerous with the talented rushers they have in Kerny and Peaterson. It's also a fact, Caddy with 20+ carries= Bucs 9-0. Bring on tomorrow!

benir0

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 08, 2007, 08:12:41 PM

I agree...but we're also heading into an extremely hostile environment against a veteran team.  I think the Seahawks are overrated, but they will have a winning record at home.

If the Bucs win tomorrow, I will be firmly on "Bucs will make the playoffs" bandwagon.

I'm freaking out with Pre-Week 1 fantasies!!!!

#2 : September 08, 2007, 08:27:17 PM

I think they're underrated

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 08, 2007, 08:32:17 PM

I think Michigan sucks

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MLBrandow

Rookie

#4 : September 08, 2007, 10:55:47 PM

I think they're underrated

I agree.

I don't understand where you get the idea that their window has closed, considering they have basically the same core and are a better team now than their super bowl team was (not to mention tougher for having endured last season).

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 08, 2007, 11:04:12 PM

I think Michigan sucks

Yup...

Also agree that Seattle is a bit overrated. Not so much on the offensive side but more on the D. Definite holes on the line and there aren't many playmakers after J Peterson.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 08, 2007, 11:11:10 PM

I'm the biggest Buc fan around - and if Seattle is over rated - so are we!

They're good - but beatable.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 08, 2007, 11:20:38 PM

I don't put much faith in the team walking out with a W, but I will be rooting for them like hell to do so!

If they win, I like crow with a side of garlic mashed, and some grilled corn-on-cob.

maladrin

Practice Squad

#8 : September 09, 2007, 12:12:55 AM

I think SEA team is a bit over-rated as well.  I also see their window closing.  That all said, it's always a challenge to walk into someone's house in the NFL when they're pretty decent and stomp them in their home opener.  I think we have more to prove, and more to lose. No one's really expecting anything out of this team, and I think that makes us dangerous.

I'm predicting a very close game, but that we squeak out of town with a win.  27-24, maybe even 24-21.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 09, 2007, 12:59:56 AM

I think Michigan sucks

I think your right - but what would I know....

Anybody seen Matt?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 09, 2007, 09:40:46 AM

With Tubbs - Opp rushing avg = 82 ypg
Without Tubbs - Opp rushing avg = 147 ypg

Cadillac to have a big game, we win

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#11 : September 09, 2007, 10:33:47 AM

Haven't they won the division four stratight years?  They are lacking a bit defensively, but the have a top 10 QB, top 5 RB, and great OL.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 09, 2007, 10:43:58 AM

OL is reportedly suspect with a major FA departure and the line is young. Their d-Line is missing Marcus Tubbs. See Fresh's post (#10) above. Our O-Line is improved and Caddy is ready to roll.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seattle is overrated « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools