Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I didn't mean to offend grad supporters! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: November 08, 2006, 10:08:39 PM

recently i've seen some heated discussions about grads being our starter. i am one of the people who isn't sold on him (yet) but i have also made some statements and in doing so i didn't mean for anything to go personal. i have been here for awhile now and enjoy posting with the people and fans here. i can't help but just be so frustrated with the way our season has went. the bucs are the only team i even like. i have nothing to fall back on. not even college football. bucs are my passion when it comes to sports!

i want nothing more than for us to finally get a good franchise qb.
i put a ton of faith in simms since he was even the back up and now that is lost it seems like.
when i see our team play it makes me so frustrated because i know we are better than 2-6!  i feel like we are no better than the texans or cardinals. people in my own city (tampa) make fun of me because i like the bucs. it is almost like you are shamed if you are a fan. i even get mad with gruden and the playcalling and yet i can't think of any other coach i'd rather have here. so overall i am just so frustrated like all of you and sometimes say things or lash out and i should just not even post. so i want to apologize and i'll try to learn and be more patient but man 2-6 is just so hard to swallow and with a rookie qb at the helm it is even harder to be positive about the future. again i am sorry guys.

#1 : November 08, 2006, 10:13:33 PM

try being a Rays fan...it's 100 times harder than being a Buc fan right now.

In terms of what other Tampians say about your team that is*

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 08, 2006, 10:16:23 PM

We all want the Bucs to win and a franchise QB would be nice as well.  Gruden is high on Grads and the young man is way ahead of the curve.  Will he be the starter next year? Who knows!   but if Gruden is right and he does progress it would be the best thing for the Bucs. The season is lost so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 08, 2006, 10:18:02 PM

How did you feel in 2003? 2004? Those years were not the best either, get over it.

There is no discussion, Grads IS the starter and there's nothing any of you are going to do about it so live with it. Enjoy the ups knowing there will be downs. Of course the rookie's going to struggle, you can't go flying around saying "grads sucks, grads sucks" because rookie's are supposed to "suck." He's sucking less than most rookies at this position and if you've watched any football throughout your life you can see the kid has something about him. He doesn't get rattled and is making good decisions more than he's making bad ones.

It is what it is at this point, you take the good with the bad. Right now, it's freak'n bad but hey, that's the way it is. Are you going to cry like my 5yr old son becaue of it? I hope not, look for some good here no matter how hard that is...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 08, 2006, 10:18:48 PM

try being a Rays fan...it's 100 times harder than being a Buc fan right now.

In terms of what other Tampians say about your team that is*

I would hope that everyone on this board who has an interest in baseball is a Rays fan as well as a Bucs fan already.   I am a Rays fan, I just don't like baseball as much as football so I am not as passionate about it.  

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 08, 2006, 10:19:11 PM

How did you feel in 2003? 2004? Those years were not the best either, get over it.

There is no discussion, Grads IS the starter and there's nothing any of you are going to do about it so live with it. Enjoy the ups knowing there will be downs. Of course the rookie's going to struggle, you can't go flying around saying "grads sucks, grads sucks" because rookie's are supposed to "suck." He's sucking less than most rookies at this position and if you've watched any football throughout your life you can see the kid has something about him. He doesn't get rattled and is making good decisions more than he's making bad ones.

It is what it is at this point, you take the good with the bad. Right now, it's freak'n bad but hey, that's the way it is. Are you going to cry like my 5yr old son becaue of it? I hope not, look for some good here no matter how hard that is...

AMEN

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 08, 2006, 10:20:08 PM

I would hope that everyone on this board who has an interest in baseball is a Rays fan as well as a Bucs fan already.  

Thank the Lord I have ZERO interest in Baseball.   :P

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 09, 2006, 12:09:44 AM

I am sick of all these Grads threads.

Please let them cease.  Or consolidate them  How many ways can we say he is a rookie, ahead of the curve, has a good td to int ration, is not as accurate as advertised, is it timing, blah blah.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 09, 2006, 12:30:19 AM

I am sick of all these Grads threads.

Please let them cease.  Or consolidate them  How many ways can we say he is a rookie, ahead of the curve, has a good td to int ration, is not as accurate as advertised, is it timing, blah blah.

Apparently there is no known limit...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : November 09, 2006, 12:54:08 AM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with offending anyone....keep up the good work!!

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 09, 2006, 09:37:56 AM

Passionate Bucs fan, stand up guy--you're ok in my book.

#11 : November 09, 2006, 12:37:16 PM

thanks everyone and i for one won't being making anymore threads about grads..

i will be patient the rest of the season and try to be more positive.:)

#12 : November 09, 2006, 12:38:29 PM

Is your caps lock key broken?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 09, 2006, 01:23:31 PM

recently i've seen some heated discussions about grads being our starter. i am one of the people who isn't sold on him (yet) but i have also made some statements and in doing so i didn't mean for anything to go personal. i have been here for awhile now and enjoy posting with the people and fans here. i can't help but just be so frustrated with the way our season has went. the bucs are the only team i even like. i have nothing to fall back on. not even college football. bucs are my passion when it comes to sports!

i want nothing more than for us to finally get a good franchise qb.
i put a ton of faith in simms since he was even the back up and now that is lost it seems like.
when i see our team play it makes me so frustrated because i know we are better than 2-6!  i feel like we are no better than the texans or cardinals. people in my own city (tampa) make fun of me because i like the bucs. it is almost like you are shamed if you are a fan. i even get mad with gruden and the playcalling and yet i can't think of any other coach i'd rather have here. so overall i am just so frustrated like all of you and sometimes say things or lash out and i should just not even post. so i want to apologize and i'll try to learn and be more patient but man 2-6 is just so hard to swallow and with a rookie qb at the helm it is even harder to be positive about the future. again i am sorry guys.

If everyone had the same opinions, this board wouldn't be worth posting on.

Of course you're going to rub some feathers the wrong way, but if someone takes an opinion on a message board as a personal attack, thats their problem, not yours.

Thin skinned people are always defensive and will never be happy unless everyone accepts their own messages as gospel, and at least as long as I'm around, that will never happen here..  LoL

So don't compromise yourself, orion. Your words are as valuable as anyone in here..  even mjs..  :D

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 09, 2006, 01:26:48 PM

If everyone had the same opinions, this board wouldn't be worth posting on.

Of course you're going to rub some feathers the wrong way, but if someone takes an opinion on a message board as a personal attack, thats their problem, not yours.

Thin skinned people are always defensive and will never be happy unless everyone accepts their own messages as gospel, and at least as long as I'm around, that will never happen here..  LoL

So don't compromise yourself, orion. Your words are as valuable as anyone in here..  even mjs..  :D

You were doing well there until the end.......now I can't concur with you post.   :P

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I didn't mean to offend grad supporters! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools